• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
The way I hear it people in the rugby program at BBC are sick of the S&C program as the 1st 8 coach has been too involved also so all the boys have been doing is rowing!
Barker has apparently been overuled by people higher in the school who have a rowing background.
The rugby coaches want it to be about rugby not rowing as the x churchie rowing 1st coach is having too much influence!

Hey jack . Stop whinging and start playing you sook

Sam Davis

Frank Row (1)
IGS with a solid win over BSHS today in wet conditions.
IGS got the victory I believe through there wingers especially there 11 (Connor Storck). Connor with a dazzling performance making breaks left right and centre was definitely enough for Brassall residents to watch the game from their roof tops. Another Man of the match performance by Connor. Definitely QLD 1 next year and possibly Australia.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Load of shit . This a rugby forum. Jake - piss off to the scholarship forum. Only thing BBC did wrong was start importing 10 years too late. All the imports -6 - I think in Churchie
xv were brilliant . My hats off to downlands and st Edmunds for nurturing them and to Churchie for turning them into stars.

Hey jake . I bet you are a Churchie 13A parent . 48 nil . Suck it up if there are imports Barker learnt how to do it Churchie.Btw 11 of the BBC 13A team were in 12A last year.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
How has Richman been going for the Firsts at Nudgee? I don't believe fullback is his natural position
Watch this kid play for a number of years and he is a solid player but not really up to first level ... Too slow and contact shy for front line but has a great kick ... Full back is he position if any ... Was very average at 15a's last year

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Watch this kid play for a number of years and he is a solid player but not really up to first level . Too slow and contact shy for front line but has a great kick . Full back is he position if any . Was very average at 15a's last year

Strongly agree.

Wesley

Frank Row (1)
I got Nudgee, TSS and Daylight.
Then Toowoomba and probably Churchie.
Then Terrace.
Then the Blind team.
Then the dregs.

GT 2nds beat TGS 2nds today. GT to beat BBC, BSHS, and Churchie. Depending on whether NC beat TSS and some For/Against, GT look good for 2nd. TGS have difficult run home with BYE, IGS, TSS, and NC.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
How has Richman been going for the Firsts at Nudgee? I don't believe fullback is his natural position

Thought he went OK today, a couple of ordinary decisions with ball in hand but generally pretty reliable.

Having said that, I got the impression that he would have been close to the last guy picked for the NC side, no real stand-out attributes.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 5 results

Open 1sts - NC 25 d TSS 15, IGS 29 d BSHS 22, ACGS 34 d BBC 5, TGS 26 d GT 19

Open 2nds - NC 17 d TSS 7, IGS 31 d BSHS 5, ACGS 12 d BBC 7, GT 7 d TGS 5.

U16A - TSS 12 d NC 5, IGS 24 d BSHS 5, TGS 24 d GT 17, BBC 16 d ACGS 12.

U15A - NC 10 d TSS 3, BSHS 33 d IGS 7, TGS 10 d GT 8, ACGS 25 d BBC 5.

U14A - NC 43 d TSS 0, IGS 17 d BSHS 6, GT 7 d TGS 5, BBC 10 d ACGS 0.

U13A - IGS14 d BSHS 7, TGS 17 drew with GT 17, TSS 21 d NC 15, BBC 47 d ACGS 0

U12A - TSS 34 d NC 10, ACGS 26 d BBC 12, TGS 31 d GT12

U11A - ACGS 55 d BBC 10, GT35 d TGS 5, NC 33 d TSS 12

U10A - BBC 15 d ACGS 10, TGS 21 drew with GT21, NC 106 d TSS 0.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I know it's only the U10s but is that a typo? NC v TSS.
Great day on Ross, all the opens winning.
Great day down on the flats....for ducks.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v TSS First XV team list 23 Aug 2014

Nudgee / Southport
1.Jack Ireland 1. Harry Weld
2.Robbie McCafferty 2.Brad Undi
3.Gavin Luka 3.Calum Ball
4.Nick Jeffries 4.Liam Clifton
5.Jackson Evans 5.Cooper Mackenzie
6.Agassi Stowers 6.PJVan den Berg(Vcpt)
7.Tom Zappala 7.Angus Allan
8.Reece Hewat(Cpt) 8.Emery Pere
9.Elijah Pilz(VCpt) 9.Jordan Lenac
10.Liam Moseley 10.Tyler Campbell
11.Tony Hunt 11.Josh Neal
12.Calvin Pritchard 12.Jai Whitbread
13.Franklin Calugay 13.Joey Fittock
14.Tyrone Hussey 14.Dylan Riley
15.Liam Richman 15.Fred Dorough(Cpt)

Thumper

Bob McCowan (2)
Watched the games at NC today, Nudgee pigs did the job against TSS pigs who seemed to do a lot of watching. TSS 6, 8 and 3 seem to like to let every one else get their hands dirty while they sit out and wait for the easy runs, #8 did do some good runs mind you. TSS #7 ran himself to a stand still and had his head is majority of rucks, could have done with a hand. Really disappointed ball didn't get wide, think TSS had advantage out there but mud running is for the pigs. Well done to the NC lads, rucked well and kicked well.
Ref made some big calls, think he will be a bit embarrassed when he watches the tape, none the less did a reasonable job.
Great win by my 12As though.

JAKE_THE_PEG

Frank Row (1)
Hey jake . I bet you are a Churchie 13A parent . 48 nil . Suck it up if there are imports Barker learnt how to do it Churchie.Btw 11 of the BBC 13A team were in 12A last year.

Good rugby played by BBC yesterday, and yep, some genuine hope for BBC in future years (this year was supposed to be the year, and with some a good finish to the season BBC 1st XV may still finish mid table, so all is not lost). Very impressive half back at BBC.

<edited by Mod>
Is BBC community really behind the team because there appeared to be a crowd of only ~30 BBC students to a BBC 1st XV home game.

I have made some further observations in a post that has been moved to the scholarship thread.

[Read posts 2070 and 2114]

Status
Not open for further replies.