• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rugga, nice analytics but are you sure you have the 13A and 14A positions right? They look out of whack

My apologies Warren, BBC aren't coming 8th, far from it in fact.

The 14A's table:
1. IGS / NC (8pts)
3. BBC / BSHS (6pts)
5. GT (5pts)
6. TGS (4pts)
7. TSS (3pts)
8. ACGS / BGS (0pts)

The 13A's table:
1. BBC (10pts)
2. IGS (8pts)
3. BSHS (6pts)
4. GT / TGS (5pts)
6. NC (4pts)
7. TSS (2pts)
8. ACGS / BGS (0pts)

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
After only missing 3 tips in the First XV competition all season I thought I would challenge myself a bit and follow the sentiments of Monday Ex.

Here are the tips for the U13A's this week. tempered by the fact that I haven't seen many games but have a view of the results thanks to Taipan the man.

TSS V ACGS
The Churchie lads fresh from a Green and Black, Toowong Shallacking last week venture down the coast to take on the 2018 TSS First XV (not really there will be at least 12 new blokes in by then but you know what I mean).
TSS will have their confidence fuller than a Gold Coast Titan on Mad Monday after knocking over Nudgee last week and it will be all too much for the Churchie tackers - TSS by 9

BBC V GT
GT will have started the brain washing early and will have their lads thinking of a victory and burger in the stands watching GT ruin Old Boys Day on Miskin in an hour...That will be a mistake. The BBC outside backs are hotter than a Bombay Madras on Fireworks night from all reports and the scoreboard may get ugly.
BBC by 25

IGS V BGS
Character building day for the Grammar boys ahead. We have all played a game where we get hosed (even the champs)..this is one of them for the fine young lads in Blue - you will all be better for it..
IPPY by Plenty Odd

NC V BSHS
The NC Dads will be grumpier than Darren Hynch doing dry July, and a few of them will look like him too.
The State High Lads will aim some of those big backrowers right at them and the State High Kids will leave Boondall with more than a burger and a bingo mat.
BSHS by 18

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
My tips for First XV Round 6. Sat. 30 Aug 2014

TSS v ACGS
I have a feeling that Southport can upset Churchie. TSS by 3

BBC v GT
Terrace by 7

NC v BSHS
Nudgee by 15

IGS v BGS
Ippy by 12

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Warrenwobble when will you post your 1st XV spiel ????
Its been a tough day and would like some light hearted reading before going home to the mrs !!!!!!!

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Righto then First XV as well:

TSS V ACGS
The Grey and Blue sphincter is now tighter than a Fish's rear end. They are playing the type of rugby that could secure a Premiership, but the question remains: can they sustain it? Historically "consistency" isn't a word you would use in the same sentence as Churchie, unless you were talking about the gin and vodka fruit punch at the Churchie Mother's Fashion Parade. "Strong" is a word you would use then, but it's also a word you would use to describe the TSS pack. This is harder to pick than Chris Handy's nose.
TSS by 3

IGS V BGS
On top of the fact the new Ippy grounds are not listed on any Nav system in any European car made to date, the trip to Ippy won't be easy for the Grammarians. Once they find the entrance to the ground they will be looking for a way out and fast. The only hope they have is to raid the 6 Mother Energy Drink sampling vans that will be there on the day, to fire them up. But then they'll have to get the IGS U13A forward pack out of the way to get a few and that might be difficult, as even they outweigh the Grammar pack by one whole Cliffy Palu.
IGS by 12

BBC V GT
Few have seen a red and black banana skin but you always find one at Miskin Oval every second year and BBC are usually left flat on their backside scratching their heads thinking "how did we lose that?" after they step on one. The GT fans will be hoping they can rub in the fact they only pay half the school fees with a win in the Firsts. It's quite possible if they play smart rugby, because you can bet BBC will be playing like a touring Fijian Club side after a litre of kava. If it pays off BBC will click and the talent they have will put some tries on for the Old Boys. If it doesn't it will be a long walk back to the RE. 4 pots thanks...
GT by 3

NC V BSHS
The Derryn Hinch cheer squad from the 13As will stick around for this one, although a little grumpy after a flogging. State High will be in this up to their flat caps at half time. As they are playing a nice brand of rugby with some obvious talent on the field, but again the structure and smarts will get NC home. If rugby contributed to OP scores then Nudgee would pump out more than the solitary OP 1 student they usually do. Hats off to the Butcher stripes because this comp has just got interesting!
NC by 14

Downlands V TGS
Personally I'll be going up the range to watch this one. I never miss it - it's like the third Origin, a deciding Bledisloe and the Superbowl all rolled into one. The smells of cow manure laden RMs, burnt sausages on bread and week old Cabbage soup from the boarding house kitchen wafts across the ground and makes you feel glad to be alive!
I'm taking up Paul Gallen as well, as he's serving his ASADA suspension and is in need of some fighting practice. Should be a bewdy. Not sure who will win the footy but who cares.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
King I enjoy your enthusiasm, but can I ask how you got to watch the Nudgee game and still complete coaching duties at Grammar?
Or are there 2 of you?

Refabit there are plenty of pretenders, but only one King.

Unfortunately Downlands couldn't front up to my premiership contending 16Cs, and since it was BGS open day we weren't arranged a supplementary fixture, giving me the day off from coaching

The team tied against GT in round 1, lost by a single conversion to Nudgee in round 2, walloped GT in round 3, and beat Toowoomba solidly in round 4. With a real bye in round 5 the 16Cs are looking forward to their supplementary match against Churchie in round 6.

Since Nudgee lost to TSS on the weekend we're still in the running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Opinions from the cheap seats this week.

TSS v ACGS
Match of the round, maybe the year, and largely the key to the premiership in 2014. Expect a commotion in the crowd as a TSS mum gets a large diamond ring caught in her vaginal piercing as she attempts a sneaky readjustment of her G string. Numerous other TSS mums to make a "mental note to self". On the field, despite the weird coincidence of draws between these opponents in recent history, I think the Chequebook XV will have too much for the Spray Tans this week. NC will be doing stations of the cross around the clock for a TSS win as this will keep them alive for 2014. With a million dollar team that even Dame Edna could coach to a premiership, the Chequebooks will beat TSS at their own cynical game. Churchie by 10.

BBC v GT
Terrace will beat the White Elephants who are the most over hyped team since Churchie of 2012 although they seem to make a habit of it out that way. Is it true that the BBC foundation chairman who bankrolls all of their new faces was last seen with a wad of cash at the Paul's Yoghurt factory because someone told him BBC needed to get a winning culture? Too many contributors from GT and too many passengers from BBC will see this one end up Terrace's by 12.

NC v BSHS
By this stage BSHS are starting to have a lack of depth beginning to bite and whilst they will put up a good fight, NC will have the chance for a 41st premiership to fight for and they will not give that up easily because it is not in their DNA. If someone cooked up a big mess of Island food, taro and yams and pork and rice etc and blew its aroma across the field with a big industrial fan, there could be a lot of players terribly distracted. NC by 10+

IGS v BGS
Forget it. Ipswich to put BGS to the sword in 1st XV and every other A grade match. Grammar have an express pass back to the bad old days. Demoralised by what Ipswich will do and focused on the QCS and exams, Grammar would lead the protest to the GPS Heads to change the season back to the term 2-3 option that ran for the last 30 years. Consider this. Next week, if it is dry, Churchie have the firepower to do another 100 point job on them like that great State High team did back in 2008 or so. Blues supporters get your hankies ready.

Headgear

Bob McCowan (2)
The U12A's at IGS will have a test of their depth this week against BGS as they will have 7 out for Met West and a couple of boys injured.

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
A test for sure - however the 12A/B hybrid side matched the bigger BSHS 13C's last week in the forwards setting up a 47 -0 win......2 forwards out with 5 backs also.......1 remains in the backs from the 4X100m relay team that set a Metwest record midweek...3 of the team at Sunnybank this weekend...a good test!

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I am looking froward to seeing the BBC 13A's V GT tomorrow (anyone got a BBC team list) GT has some big physical outside backs will be interesting to see them up against BBC's classy back-line.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Actually TK I notice NC hasn't won any 16C game except against the mighty BGS16C team. Churchie haven't been beaten so you are right this weekend's supplementary against them will be a big test. You get to play them again soon in the real game as well. Good luck. I note you are also to play BBC who have only lost one game as well.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Actually TK I notice NC hasn't won any 16C game except against the mighty BGS16C team. Churchie haven't been beaten so you are right this weekend's supplementary against them will be a big test. You get to play them again soon in the real game as well. Good luck. I note you are also to play BBC who have only lost one game as well.

I had no idea that Nudgee were doing so poorly! I might have to have a look at the website and check TSS. Thanks for the heads up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.