• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
The U12A's at IGS will have a test of their depth this week against BGS as they will have 7 out for Met West and a couple of boys injured.

Will be a good test of depth for the boys how are the 12B travelling?. Also noticed IGS 15A lost 3 or 4 forwards and seem to have struggled this season.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Actually TK I notice NC hasn't won any 16C game except against the mighty BGS16C team. Churchie haven't been beaten so you are right this weekend's supplementary against them will be a big test. You get to play them again soon in the real game as well. Good luck. I note you are also to play BBC who have only lost one game as well.

Pretty sure NC 16C bet TSS, so that's 2 wins out of 4 for the mighty NC16C's, and the 2 losses were by 2 and 5 points. Definitely a tightly contested age group.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
All this First XV chat for me just doesn't match the BBC 14 age group versus the GT 14 age group tomorrow in what is a show down for the ages. Ticketek reportedly crashed from the high ticket demand...

Rumour has it there will be more WAGS than the Melbourne Cup at the Toowong College ovals where a crowd of 80,000 raucous annoying parents are expected. However notorious GT coaches Morelando Bloom a.k.a. Tom Moreland and BigGame, also known as Jack Colley or the Liberal Party's number one voter have been strangely absent from the forum.

BBC have all the momentum after winning all 5 games against ACGS in the rain last weekend and have said they have the confidence to take on GT up front. The question is whether they will back it up.

Join channel 10's voice of Rugby, Gordon Bray, for all 5 games with coverage starting at 7.30am

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
I had no idea that Nudgee were doing so poorly! I might have to have a look at the website and check TSS. Thanks for the heads up :)

ScreenHunter_007.jpg

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Taipan can you link that site plz

Also those BBC stats are pretty dire in attack. Seems they have a full orchestra but are in desperate need of a conductor

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Refabit there are plenty of pretenders, but only one King.

Unfortunately Downlands couldn't front up to my premiership contending 16Cs, and since it was BGS open day we weren't arranged a supplementary fixture, giving me the day off from coaching

The team tied against GT in round 1, lost by a single conversion to Nudgee in round 2, walloped GT in round 3, and beat Toowoomba solidly in round 4. With a real bye in round 5 the 16Cs are looking forward to their supplementary match against Churchie in round 6.

Since Nudgee lost to TSS on the weekend we're still in the running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Churchie 16Cs are undefeated (so far) :)

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
All this First XV chat for me just doesn't match the BBC 14 age group versus the GT 14 age group tomorrow in what is a show down for the ages. Ticketek reportedly crashed.....

BBC have all the momentum after winning all 5 games against ACGS in the rain last weekend and have said they have the confidence to take on GT up front. The question is whether they will back it up.

Join channel 10's voice of Rugby, Gordon Bray, for all 5 games with coverage starting at 7.30am

Ha, love it Spikhaza!!!

However my Terrace source tells me that only the A team in this GT age group have lost a couple of games in the last 2 years while every other Terrace team in the 14's have been undefeated in GPS competition this year and last year and I think even trials in both years.

So a big ask for BBC to crack a win except maybe in the A's for the 14's.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Churchie 16Cs are undefeated (so far) :)

There has been talk that BGS are planning on throwing the game to lull Churchie in to a false sense of security ;) We're keeping our best set pieces out of the game anyway. That way we get the element of surprise in the Grand Final in a few weeks!

By the way, what happened to Hugo Doessels? He's not been named in a Churchie XV yet this year IIRC

Headgear

Bob McCowan (2)
Will be a good test of depth for the boys how are the 12B travelling?. Also noticed IGS 15A lost 3 or 4 forwards and seem to have struggled this season.
Not sure, but I see the 12bs beat GT. Will be interested to get reports from the game after tomorrow.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
There has been talk that BGS are planning on throwing the game to lull Churchie in to a false sense of security ;) We're keeping our best set pieces out of the game anyway. That way we get the element of surprise in the Grand Final in a few weeks!

By the way, what happened to Hugo Doessels? He's not been named in a Churchie XV yet this year IIRC

He's around, often in Churchie 2nd XV IIRC. Numerous Churchie observers think he should be in 1sts, talented player. Re BGS 16Cs - funnily enough was lunching today with one last year's BGS 15C coaches, he refused to give me any insider feeds on this year's team tactics, damn it.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Opinions from the cheap seats this week.

TSS v ACGS
Match of the round, maybe the year, and largely the key to the premiership in 2014. Expect a commotion in the crowd as a TSS mum gets a large diamond ring caught in her vaginal piercing as she attempts a sneaky readjustment of her G string. Numerous other TSS mums to make a "mental note to self". On the field, despite the weird coincidence of draws between these opponents in recent history, I think the Chequebook XV will have too much for the Spray Tans this week. NC will be doing stations of the cross around the clock for a TSS win as this will keep them alive for 2014. With a million dollar team that even Dame Edna could coach to a premiership, the Chequebooks will beat TSS at their own cynical game. Churchie by 10.

BBC v GT
Terrace will beat the White Elephants who are the most over hyped team since Churchie of 2012 although they seem to make a habit of it out that way. Is it true that the BBC foundation chairman who bankrolls all of their new faces was last seen with a wad of cash at the Paul's Yoghurt factory because someone told him BBC needed to get a winning culture? Too many contributors from GT and too many passengers from BBC will see this one end up Terrace's by 12.

NC v BSHS
By this stage BSHS are starting to have a lack of depth beginning to bite and whilst they will put up a good fight, NC will have the chance for a 41st premiership to fight for and they will not give that up easily because it is not in their DNA. If someone cooked up a big mess of Island food, taro and yams and pork and rice etc and blew its aroma across the field with a big industrial fan, there could be a lot of players terribly distracted. NC by 10+

IGS v BGS
Forget it. Ipswich to put BGS to the sword in 1st XV and every other A grade match. Grammar have an express pass back to the bad old days. Demoralised by what Ipswich will do and focused on the QCS and exams, Grammar would lead the protest to the GPS Heads to change the season back to the term 2-3 option that ran for the last 30 years. Consider this. Next week, if it is dry, Churchie have the firepower to do another 100 point job on them like that great State High team did back in 2008 or so. Blues supporters get your hankies ready.

Your TSS summary is best yet. Shit I laughed .
As for BBC foundation I represent --- I mean resent that remark

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Anyone else going to TSS v ACGS tomorrow? Some family issues have arisen (very minor) and may prevent me getting there and god forbid this game should go without a write up. Anyone keen?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Anyone else going to TSS v ACGS tomorrow? Some family issues have arisen (very minor) and may prevent me getting there and god forbid this game should go without a write up. Anyone keen?

Ruggas I'm scheduled for Northgate in the morning, so I might head down to the beach for the weekend and catch the game. Could you still take care of a Brisbane game?

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Opinions from the cheap seats this week.

TSS v ACGS
Match of the round, maybe the year, and largely the key to the premiership in 2014. Expect a commotion in the crowd as a TSS mum gets a large diamond ring caught in her vaginal piercing as she attempts a sneaky readjustment of her G string. Numerous other TSS mums to make a "mental note to self". On the field, despite the weird coincidence of draws between these opponents in recent history, I think the Chequebook XV will have too much for the Spray Tans this week. NC will be doing stations of the cross around the clock for a TSS win as this will keep them alive for 2014. With a million dollar team that even Dame Edna could coach to a premiership, the Chequebooks will beat TSS at their own cynical game. Churchie by 10.

BBC v GT
Terrace will beat the White Elephants who are the most over hyped team since Churchie of 2012 although they seem to make a habit of it out that way. Is it true that the BBC foundation chairman who bankrolls all of their new faces was last seen with a wad of cash at the Paul's Yoghurt factory because someone told him BBC needed to get a winning culture? Too many contributors from GT and too many passengers from BBC will see this one end up Terrace's by 12.

NC v BSHS
By this stage BSHS are starting to have a lack of depth beginning to bite and whilst they will put up a good fight, NC will have the chance for a 41st premiership to fight for and they will not give that up easily because it is not in their DNA. If someone cooked up a big mess of Island food, taro and yams and pork and rice etc and blew its aroma across the field with a big industrial fan, there could be a lot of players terribly distracted. NC by 10+

IGS v BGS
Forget it. Ipswich to put BGS to the sword in 1st XV and every other A grade match. Grammar have an express pass back to the bad old days. Demoralised by what Ipswich will do and focused on the QCS and exams, Grammar would lead the protest to the GPS Heads to change the season back to the term 2-3 option that ran for the last 30 years. Consider this. Next week, if it is dry, Churchie have the firepower to do another 100 point job on them like that great State High team did back in 2008 or so. Blues supporters get your hankies ready.

"Cheque book Churchie" does have a nice ring to it but shit they can play. Best team I have seen in many a year. They have won in sun , rain and wind.lucky with injuries too.

Status
Not open for further replies.