• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Thought the video said 4 more announcements to come?

2015 squad sizes are only 32, Reds already have 30 players..

I expect 1 of those spots to be a prop and potentially another back rower.\

Edit: Reds twitter account claims Reds have 4 more signings in coming weeks.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Shit, I didn't even notice the absence of Ben Lucas. I am saddened by that, he always did his best for QLD and I think has a good place in fans hearts. That being said, I think Frisby is ahead of him at halfback now and when he plays 10 the Reds go from a dynamic attacking side to a bit of an average one. I like that the replacement 5/8 appears to be an attacking one... though of course we will have to see him play to be too excited.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
2 years is great news.

Mixed reactions elsewhere:
So glad this is not our problem any more...

O'Connor asks for Wallaby guarantees
James O'Connor's proposed move back to Australia is dependent on World Cup assurances from Ewen McKenzie, according to L'Equipe.

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?p=386099

Think this could be a beat up and I will be shocked if the Reds haven't got an iron clad contract as the management is pretty good. I will reserve judgement on JOC (James O'Connor) (although i am sceptical) until we see his performances but I hope it lifts the Reds in general as I want to see in the top half of the table. Pretty good signings overall. Now it need to translate to on the park.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
2015 squad sizes are only 32, Reds already have 30 players..

I expect 1 of those spots to be a prop and potentially another back rower.

One would be a second rower. They normally run with 5 and no one signed in the back row can play lock.

T

TOCC

So 4 more signing vacancies for 2015..
Apparently 2 of those will be 'influential' signings, whatever that means..

2x prop
1x lock/back-row
1x outside back

Victor Vito is rumoured to still be in negotiations.. Unknown for the rest of the players, i expect the outside back to be one from the NRC, likewise with the props.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I don't want to pour shit on a bloke before I have seen him play.

But surely if this guy was a real talent the broncos wouldn't have let him go considering they haven't had a decent 5/8 in years.

This is true, but consider the Broncos have a glut of top tier players at fullback next year (Milford, Barba, Hoffman, possibly Boyd) meaning that it is quite likely the glut of talent will squeeze out into 5/8. Just in case anyone decides to kill me and my family I am not a league fan btw.. just a sponge.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So 4 more signing vacancies for 2015..
Apparently 2 of those will be 'influential' signings. whatever that means

2x prop
1x lock/back-row
1x outside back

Ex-chiefs TH Sona Taumalolo is yet to sign a contract for next season. He should be priority number 1 for the Reds IMO.

At lock I think the reds should look to the NRC and also the qld lads playing in the ITM like Murday.

Ioane in the outside backs would round out the backline nicely. But also think the reds should be looking at a solid well rounded kicking fullback with a bit of size - safe hands at the back are worth their weight in gold as Folau has shown us this year.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Josh Hoffman from the broncos is still an option as well for the final outside back spot.

I simply can't see him staying around with Hodges, Barba, Milford all potentially ahead of him in his preferred Fullback position.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
4 more signings to come. Ready and Fakiosiliea (?) are WTS apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what kind of numbskull PR person decides to announce the biggest Reds story of the year on a Friday evening? Friday evenings are the time politicians and companies release bad news because they want no-one to notice. It's as if Australian rugby is trying to be irrelevant.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what kind of numbskull PR person decides to announce the biggest Reds story of the year on a Friday evening? Friday evenings are the time politicians and companies release bad news because they want no-one to notice. It's as if Australian rugby is trying to be irrelevant.
Get a grip mate. Pretty sure the Saturday newspapers sell well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

Probably the only time the majority of the squad can be there at the same time. With NRC games on the weekend and Brisbane City playing in Perth on Sunday, it was probably a logistical nightmare

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Get a grip mate. Pretty sure the Saturday newspapers sell well.

They've got worse readership than weekdays. That's if the Courier Mail's rugby pages haven't already gone to print. Why not announce it on a Wednesday afternoon? Leads the TV sports coverage because it's not competing with games, makes the back page the next day. By the time tomorrow's TV evening bulletin comes around it will be old news.

Friday evening is literally the worse time they could have done this.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As if everyone didn't know it was a done deal already. It has been written by journos for the past few weeks.

T

TOCC

It been a hot news topic for days, Karmichael was on the back-page of the courier-mail today with an article on his departure from the AFL and signing with the Reds and he will likely also be back-page tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.