• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Mixed reactions elsewhere:
So glad this is not our problem any more.

O'Connor asks for Wallaby guarantees
James O'Connor's proposed move back to Australia is dependent on World Cup assurances from Ewen McKenzie, according to L'Equipe.

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?p=386099

Think this could be a beat up and I will be shocked if the Reds haven't got an iron clad contract as the management is pretty good. I will reserve judgement on JOC (James O'Connor) (although i am sceptical) until we see his performances but I hope it lifts the Reds in general as I want to see in the top half of the table. Pretty good signings overall. Now it need to translate to on the park.

L'Equipe regularly publishes articles which, excuse my French - are often complete and total bullshit. Most of the rumors about random players getting signed to Toulon start with them.

I wouldn't believe a word of it because the reputation of that publication is worth less than the paper they print on.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
The last 4 announcements will key to whether or not the squad is improved.

Massive hype about JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt obviously (and I've wanted Hunt here since he left the Broncos, so not a bad thing) but we are still paper thin in some key positions. We still have the major problem of JJ and now Kurindrani being 1-2 injuries away from selection. A high performance unit that has just produced a ridiculously high injury count and a defensive coach you can't coach.

Not to mention we have lost a lot of very good, loyal servants (who have actually won something) to pay the wages of a guy who if he has a drink to many might be out for any length of time.

It's a solid squad (when best 15 are out there) but could unravel in a heartbeat.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not to mention we have lost a lot of very good, loyal servants (who have actually won something) to pay the wages of a guy who if he has a drink to many might be out for any length of time.

Yeah. Maybe someone will glass him like they did to Red Foo. You pray and pray, but you never actually expect it to happen.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Apart from props and locks, Fly half is a big problem as the squad stands right now.
We have QC (Quade Cooper) and a 19 yo kid from Rocky. Lucas and Harris were more than serviceable backups to Quade but now we look real shaky at 10. Hope this kid is the goods!
Either that or one of the other signings is a good 10.

And don't even say JOC (James O'Connor) can play 10. Just don't go there alright? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apart from props and locks, Fly half is a big problem as the squad stands right now.
We have QC (Quade Cooper) and a 19 yo kid from Rocky. Lucas and Harris were more than serviceable backups to Quade but now we look real shaky at 10. Hope this kid is the goods!
Either that or one of the other signings is a good 10.

And don't even say JOC (James O'Connor) can play 10. Just don't go there alright? ;)

Someone just posted that on the Blog front page.

They also mentioned that the bloke that chose JOC (James O'Connor) as an international 10 was a former mentor of Richard Graham. It could happen.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep he is a back up.
It's a big step from playing 10 in France,to seamlessly replacing QC (Quade Cooper).
JOC (James O'Connor) has demonstrated he is not adequate at 10 in Soup footy.
The kid from the Broncos is very unlikely to get a run.
If QC (Quade Cooper) gets injured,it's tears for you guys.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Hunt had a few stints in 10 for Biarritz

eBh7lWh.jpg

6BYgW3N.jpg

But more than anything else he played 13
Wdl6jwD.jpg

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Video clips begin at 1:52.

I'd really like to see him at 12 because of how strong he is (or used to be) in contact and think he could play a very similar role to To'omua there, and we all saw how well Quade operates with that type of player outside of him.

Can't afford not to play him at 15 with the current squad though. Kuridrani looked way off the pace in NRC last weekend (still haven't seen this week if it was played already) and unless JJ totally transforms himself this off-season he is an enormous liability when on the field.

Regardless of where he is if he's still able to run that hard and pick his lines so well he will be an enormous asset on a team featuring Genia and Cooper.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting Wayne Smith in the Oz today suggesting Higgers may still be a chance. Has he not re-signed with the Rebels?

So one spot to go to Victor Vito. Talakai obviously an option. The "wallaby" is an interesting one. Don't think we could afford anyone too exie. What's Maafu's contract status, anyone?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interesting Wayne Smith in the Oz today suggesting Higgers may still be a chance. Has he not re-signed with the Rebels?

So one spot to go to Victor Vito. Talakai obviously an option. The "wallaby" is an interesting one. Don't think we could afford anyone too exie. What's Maafu's contract status, anyone?

Higgers is signed through 2015: http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/union-lane-melbourne-higginbothams-home-until-2015

Maafu looks committed for the 14-15 season which ends in may: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/s...-afu-wants-more-success-with-saints-1-6258973

Will be interesting to see how the NRC props go, plenty of potential there.

Status
Not open for further replies.