• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Didn't get his papers sorted out I believe

Falefa returned in the new year after Gen Blue games and trained with the top squad full time. However, he continued to miss sessions and Chieka let him go effective immediately. Safe to say we won't see him again.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You guys should release him if you're not going to use him.
He was injured at the start of the year, Hoiles came in as an injury replacement and Palu stayed unbelievably healthy. In any other year he might have played half the games or more.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Reg has been barred up for Gray all this afternoon. :)

Keep in mind Reg, he was only running over Brisbane Premier Rugby players. I know that's all the qualifications you need to join the Reds, but you'll have to wait a year ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was very surprised we didn't use Gray more often, he should've just slotted in for every game Palu missed instead of moving other's to #8. Should've been on the bench a couple times too. Although when you win the comp it's hard to criticise anything but I'm very keen to see more of him next year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cheika probably had reasons. Gray is trying to give himself the best opportunity to alter that perception

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty annoying seeing Alofa tear it up in the Top 14. Get the feeling Cheika doesn't value wingers much and thinks they're easily replaceable. If he just waited a bit longer I'm sure the Tahs could've offered him a much better contract.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs have plenty of wingers, and Alofa and Betham can play the same role with Horne on the other wing. Plus Cheika seems fascinated with Taqele for some reason.

Besides, the Tahs could have journeymen on the wings and they'd still profit from the guys around them, the way they were playing.

Remember the Brumbies in the early to mid 2000s? They had som pedestrian wingers and sometimes centres and sometimes fulbacks (depending on the year / injuries), but Larkham and co made them look like stars quite often.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Alofa taking the money was a smart move, if Betham was fit, like Gray, he may not have played all season

As a squad unit he would not have been on any money either so I reckon he has at least doubled his wages, good luck to the guy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.