• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
not much support it seems for the sydney stars on G&G. nothing posted since august 23 on their dedicated thread, and very little from stars supporters on the current match thread. is there really that much disdain (read jealousy) for SU in sydney ?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
not much support it seems for the sydney stars on G&G. nothing posted since august 23 on their dedicated thread, and very little from stars supporters on the current match thread. is there really that much disdain (read jealousy) for SU in sydney ?

Are we supposed to contribute if they're not our team? Not having Stars fans is not the problem of GAGR at large.

Maybe you should have asked "is there that much apathy from Uni fans for their team?"

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

I'll probably end up supporting them because they play a few blocks from where I live. But I feel grubby doing so.
Besides, and it feels petty to say so, I don't think the Rams have much of a shot, despite how much I enjoyed the game on Thursday.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'll probably end up supporting them because they play a few blocks from where I live. But I feel grubby doing so.
Besides, and it feels petty to say so, I don't think the Rams have much of a shot, despite how much I enjoyed the game on Thursday.
I think the talent is there with the The NSW teams, it shouldn't be missed that they didn't have a preseason that consisted of Super Rugby training. They will come together.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The ARU have hired a marketing agency to manage 'creative' and media buying for the NRC. Guess they're going to put some more money into promoting it.

http://mumbrella.com.au/tongue-hand...rugby-championships-ikon-win-media-gig-248110

All well and good but the most important thing they could do is sort out live streaming (with commentary) of all non-televised matches.

After being skeptical that this would amount to anything on my connection (roughly 5-7Mbps) I'm on board Omar.

Reds Rugby should be applauded for this and everyone else should get their shit in order.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah at least someone's doing something. The Reds Rugby stream is better than nothing but it'd be so much better with commentary.

I think the ARU should be contracting someone to stream every match all on the one platform, not leaving it up to the individual clubs.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah at least someone's doing something. The Reds Rugby stream is better than nothing but it'd be so much better with commentary.

I think the ARU should be contracting someone to stream every match all on the one platform, not leaving it up to the individual clubs.
The blokes from ClubRugbyTV hav popped up on The Roar recently regarding that very issue. According to their comments they are still working with the ARU to get it done. I don't really see the issue. If they are willing then let them.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The blokes from ClubRugbyTV hav popped up on The Roar recently regarding that very issue. According to their comments they are still working with the ARU to get it done. I don't really see the issue. If they are willing then let them.

The issue is cost. $5k per match or thereabouts for it to be done with 3 cameras, commentary etc (though that would be offset somewhat through advertising/sponsorship).

Personally I think it'd be worth the investment. Only way the competition will grow is if people can see it.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Are we supposed to contribute if they're not our team? Not having Stars fans is not the problem of GAGR at large.

Maybe you should have asked "is there that much apathy from Uni fans for their team?"

that was my point. there seems very little support for the stars, period

the uni support base, as surmised by the finical support for SU, would seem to be large, but living in melbourne i have no idea what sort of crowd support they generally get for home games.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Stars have also been quite inactive on social media compared to pretty much all the other teams. Hopefully they've been promoting the game in the local area because otherwise I doubt they'll get more than a few hundred people to their games.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The issue is cost. $5k per match or thereabouts for it to be done with 3 cameras, commentary etc (though that would be offset somewhat through advertising/sponsorship).

Personally I think it'd be worth the investment. Only way the competition will grow is if people can see it.

At the moment one camera would be better than nothing. In fact as long as the equipment is up to it you can do a reasonable job with one camera. If you have a chance check out the stream the Glendale Raptors run for their home games. One primary camera plus commentary. That would do nicely for the NRC.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ok, after seeing suggestions for a Ranfurly Shield type setup, I have proposed via Twitter:

The Shawn Mackay Memorial Shield

A guy who played in the ACT, QLD and Sydney Club scene, as well as the original MARC and Super Rugby. He represented his nation in 7s and coached the Women's national 7s team. A guy who tragically lost his life while on tour with his mates.

I personally can't think of a better choice to start a new tradition.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Ok, after seeing suggestions for a Ranfurly Shield type setup, I have proposed via Twitter:

The Shawn Mackay Memorial Shield

A guy who played in the ACT, QLD and Sydney Club scene, as well as the original MARC and Super Rugby. He represented his nation in 7s and coached the Women's national 7s team. A guy who tragically lost his life while on tour with his mates.

I personally can't think of a better choice to start a new tradition.

I'm with you there, but I can see the powers that be preferring to give naming rights to a sponser.

T

TOCC

interestingly today I heard that ratings for NRC were greater than some A- league matches

I hope this is true..

It will be interesting to see what happens when the NRL/AFL finals begin, Foxsports won't have as much content to broadcast and will have some spots open up which could be suitable for the NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.