• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

runtheunders12345

Bob McCowan (2)
I can guarantee this won't be 1st xv next year
poiner: too small, soft in contact and often makes the wrong decision
yurrupingu: wouldn't fit the scots structure

England will stay at 10, simpson to 12 and mclachlan to 15 (both are year 11 in 2s)
Agree with Mclachlan. <edited>
From what I've seen of Poiner and Simpson I would go with the former, quick on his feet, good hands and has improved defensively... will be interesting to see what happens nevertheless

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Perhaps the most challenging team to pick will be Riverview
I believe that they may have to think outside the square in some positions and pick players outside the 1st 2nd and16a group
They do still have some quality players returning and can succeed if they work as a team

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Perhaps the most challenging team to pick will be Riverview
I believe that they may have to think outside the square in some positions and pick players outside the 1st 2nd and16a group
They do still have some quality players returning and can succeed if they work as a team
Starting point:
1. Hancock ( 1sts)
2. Hamilton (2nds)
4. Lott (2nds injured)
5. Pratten ( 3rds)
6. Morrison ( 2nds)
7. Archer (2nds)
8. ?
9. Rorke (2nds) / 16a.s 10?
10. McGregor
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina ? ( 1sts)
13. Therry ( 1sts)
14. ??
15. Hurley ( 1sts injured)

There's some fairly good players there, so they will go pretty well if prepared and coached properly. No doubt there's a few others that don't come to mind yet. Riverview have always put a reasonably competitive side out there regardless of the perceived strength in the year.

jhro7

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree with Mclachlan. <edited>
From what I've seen of Poiner and Simpson I would go with the former, quick on his feet, good hands and has improved defensively. will be interesting to see what happens nevertheless

You could accomodate for both poiner and simpson. simpson has been played wing these last few weeks and looks good there with his fast feet and footwork, not insanely fast but he is easily quick enough. and having both of them in the team would be better for scots rugby. so poiner 10, england to 12 and simpson on the wing

Muls404

Frank Row (1)
What about joeys for next year?
I was thinking

1.james Behringer 3rd XV
2. Tom Horton 1st XV
3. Cameron Fazzari 16As
4. Nathan Gittoes 1st XV
5.???
6. Tom Leaver 1st XV
7. Lochie Simpson 1st XV
8. Will Anderson 1st XV
9. Max Thomas 2nd XV
10. Tom wright 1st XV
11. Ben Williams 2nd XV
12.???
13. Eddy king 2nd/1st XV
14. Dylan grant 3rd XV/ Yrribi JW 16As/2nd XV
15. Tim Clements 1st XV/ 2nd XV

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
Kings 1st XV Predictions

1. Harrison Chapman (2nds)
2. Daniel Lombardi (16A's)
3. Lucas Choi (16A's)
4. Alex Moore (1sts)
5. Nick Brown (1sts)
6. Fergus Ryan (2nds)
7. Dylan Peitsch (16A's)
8. Matt Orpen (16A's)
9. Louie Heaton (2nds)
10. Jack Mann (inj. 16A's- higher)
11. Chris Orpen (1sts)
12. Nick Stubbs (1sts)
13. Jake la Ferla (1sts)
14. Monty Campbell (1sts)
15. Rhys Miller (16A's)

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings 1st XV Predictions

1. Harrison Chapman (2nds)
2. Daniel Lombardi (16A's)
3. Lucas Choi (16A's)
4. Alex Moore (1sts)
5. Nick Brown (1sts)
6. Fergus Ryan (2nds)
7. Dylan Peitsch (16A's)
8. Matt Orpen (16A's)
9. Louie Heaton (2nds)
10. Jack Mann (inj. 16A's- higher)
11. Chris Orpen (1sts)
12. Nick Stubbs (1sts)
13. Jake la Ferla (1sts)
14. Monty Campbell (1sts)
15. Rhys Miller (16A's)
Having orpen on the wing would be a waste, I think he will be fullback for kings 1sts as he has a great boot and can read the game well.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Starting point:
1. Hancock ( 1sts)
2. Hamilton (2nds)
4. Lott (2nds injured)
5. Pratten ( 3rds)
6. Morrison ( 2nds)
7. Archer (2nds)
8. ?
9. Rorke (2nds) / 16a.s 10?
10. McGregor
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina ? ( 1sts)
13. Therry ( 1sts)
14. ??
15. Hurley ( 1sts injured)

There's some fairly good players there, so they will go pretty well if prepared and coached properly. No doubt there's a few others that don't come to mind yet. Riverview have always put a reasonably competitive side out there regardless of the perceived strength in the year.

BT, do you think that the selectors might think outside the box a bit and play Gehrig at #8? He has the size & looks like he can get through the hard yards in close & pop some good offloads & might not be as effective out wide.

I agree that another finisher on the wings needs to be identified. It would be good if Treacy could be lured back from AFL but I guess that's unlikely.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
BT, do you think that the selectors might think outside the box a bit and play Gehrig at #8? He has the size & looks like he can get through the hard yards in close & pop some good offloads & might not be as effective out wide.

I agree that another finisher on the wings needs to be identified. It would be good if Treacy could be lured back from AFL but I guess that's unlikely.

Gehrig would be a good option at 8, for the reasons you mentioned. They could still play Hurley on the wing, probably best suited there, and look at Lenahan from the 2's at 15. I doubt Treacy would come back as he is such a gifted AFL player, and having seen him play in a rugby rep game a few years back, while exciting he struggled with the structure of the game. Therry also is a great option at 15, but they are looking a bit thin on quality centres as it is.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Thanks. Agreed that Hurley could stay on the wing next season but in Freeman's absence I think the team would be best served with his greater involvement chiming into the backline. He did well at #15 for the 2s in 2013 & also in the trial against St Augustine's earlier this year.

Could Dom Mete be in the mix, he is certainly very quick?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
will be interesting to review all these predictions for 2015 first XV squads to see how many/ if any irregularities, anomalies etc appear in the teams that are finally selected in 2015....:rolleyes:

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Thanks. Agreed that Hurley could stay on the wing next season but in Freeman's absence I think the team would be best served with his greater involvement chiming into the backline. He did well at #15 for the 2s in 2013 & also in the trial against St Augustine's earlier this year.

Could Dom Mete be in the mix, he is certainly very quick?
No doubt Hurley would go pretty well at 15. Mete not sure as he is currently in the 3's / 4's, not sure but it would be a big step up. I think Riverview give a lot of boys the chance in the trials so you never know.

onthegreg

Frank Row (1)

ideal backline:
9. Rorke (3rds)
10. McGregor (1sts)
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina (1sts)
13. Gehrig (2nds)
14. Hurley (1sts)
15. Terry (1sts)

not too sure about forwards though. Gehrig will be suiting for centres for his strength

Status
Not open for further replies.