• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
2 good wins for the team and a home game v the top team on Saturday. I'm looking at getting along if I can get out of work. My son (9) is pretty keen to have a look.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Also, to anyone interested - I'm particularly keen on making the 28th against Country on a Sunday arvo a massive day. I'm going to tee up some friends for a few beers beforehand, go off at the game on XXXX hill and then head off to the RE after for a Sunday sesh.

It would be great if us the fans could coordinate to do something like this and would really add some culture and passion to our team.

Ideally we would all sit on the hill behind the goalposts in one homogenous block, and if people have had enough to drink, standing.

Does anyone know the QRU's policy on instruments? It would be great if we could bring in a little percussion ensemble and maybe some bloke with a trumpet to do that kick off tune they have at world cups.

Watch this space

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Team trained at Sunnybank yesterday. RG was there too. Not sure what involvement he has though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only watched the first half vs the Spirit so far, but the City accuracy at the break down was very good. Spirit aggressively pushed the boundaries and got penalised early and painted a target for themselves, but the general cleanouts from City were pretty good I thought.

Horwill, McDuling and Frisby were my choices from players from the first half, and Rex Tapuai looked (pretty solidly built and) threatening at times.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
City scrum was under some pressure, too, from the Spirit scrum. May need a bit of work.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just watched the first half, and agree on Frisby.. he created everything for Brisbane. Not sure who it was saying kuridrani was "running out of the line", but he defended very well and ran out when he needed to without hesitation as a good defensive winger needs to. Rex Taps was pretty poor defensively but looked strong in attack.

McIntyre looked better this game, his defense was much better (although the spirits attack was much more direct and hard hitting rather than multiple runners at angles like last week). His kicking is great and he showed some speed, he just needs to run it once in a while.

I definitely don't agree with everyone throwing the #1 in "team of the week" and so forth, he scored 2 simple tries created by others and otherwise was beaten in scrums and in contact.

Horwill is good. His contact is always heavy and he seems to be putting in the entire game. Marco needs to learn a thing or 2 from him. Gunn also impressed me a lot..

..now to watch the rest!

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)
Rex Taps was pretty poor defensively but looked strong in attack.

..now to watch the rest!

I think that sums up Rex through much of Prems this year - I kept waiting for him to click in defence, but never really got there. His GF game was pretty much how you describe it. Hoping that Stiles can get him into defensive gear more so than Seib has been able to this last year or so.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
so after a an entire 2 games..........I'd like to know who you all think is winning the race between Kite and Talakai for THP. I think the winner just mayyy be added to the Reds 3 props?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Talaki at the moment, maybe.

Looked more settled vs the Spirit, particularly in the second half.

BTW, thought McDuling had a decent game as well, and Wilkins off the bench too.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The NRC is surely going to be McDuling's last hoorah in terms of getting game time with the Reds for 2015. Another injury or a string of poor performances and you'd think he'd be lucky to have a contract in QLD after next year.

I haven't seen a whole lot of him to be fair and know he has had terrible run of injuries but what I've seen so far in the NRC doesn't have me convinced hes S15 standard, obviously I'm missing something though as the Reds have retained him for the past 3 years and he's barely played.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, McDuling had a strong game against the Spirit if you get time to watch, but yes he needs to perform next year. There were a few strong carries by McDuling - he carried heavily, if you know what I mean.

I expect that McDuling will be the bench lock for the Reds next year.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone see this Paeia or whatever guy coming at flyhalf
? I wish he had been involved in Brisbane or Country - should we feel bad for mcintyree/do we still rate him as a good backup?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah you'd think the smart play would be to get that kid (who we seem to have thrown all this faith in, but hasn't played rugby much at all) to play as many NRC fixtures as possible.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With McIntyre playing well and Quade due back any day it'd make more sense to play him for Country. This all depends on when his contract finishes with the Broncos and begins with the Reds, though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, I simply assumed he hadn't finished with the Broncos. Holden Cup is still being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.