• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
K Hunt is special...

qa2u9yhu.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If Karmichael Hunt is getting an ARU top up, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. Just as I had no problem with Folau getting the same.

No bias, just someone at the ARU looking outside the very small rugby square to get quality players into the game.

I know there are still people out there who like to run the line that 6 year olds run - he's getting more then me, but it's just the way the cards fall. Folau came from Sydney and ended up with the Waratahs and Hunt comes from Brisbane and ended up with the Reds.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
cue the claims of bias treatment.

I think it might settle some of the bias claims down.

Everyone is getting a bit. So what? Tahs got some assistance with Folau and ground rentals, Reds helped with KHunt, Rebels and Force get extra concessions and a bob or two, Ponies get Southern Inland NSW, and the Monaro.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And in unrelated news the ARU has cut $240,000 from community rugby funding for next year..............

But the ARU top up is a necessity in Hunt's case........... for the medical bills alone............

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Has it been confirmed yet that we aren't all reading too much into the logos at the end?

It could be the 4 guys already signed. 2 Queenslanders, a Wallaby and a Kiwi

I know Tui is a Japanese rep but he was born in NZ. Some might think that's a stretch but this is the same organisation that employed RG as a head coach, so anything is possible.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
funny thing about Holmes - if you actually talk to some tight 5 players they all value Greg immensely. He puts in week in week out. The players know that, so do intelligent followers of forward play. Critics of him should give themselves an uppercut
I walked withi 5 metres of him yesterday. It was very exciting. One of my favourite players and grossly under rated.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I walked withi 5 metres of him yesterday. It was very exciting. One of my favourite players and grossly under rated.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Sully
It was a great day at Bond. Evidently some criticism from the QRU or ARU about not charging $15 admission. Fuckwits......

It was great for the rugby community on the Coast. Atmosphere was terrific. Music great - instead of as boring as batshit breaks (like in the Test in Sydney).

Must have been at least 2000 supporters. Kids got to meet a lot of Reds players, Jumping Castles etc etc.

The game was pretty good. It was all about inclusiveness !!!!!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well I've played rugby and AFL, am a bit of a weight training lover and had a crack at my first marathon this year so I understand why his body struggles with AFL somewhat and can certainly relate with some of my own ailments.

BUT TWAS - you haven't been signed to a "reported $700,000 contract.

In the interests of objectivity I understand what you are saying BUT i just hope his body is up to serious contact after 4 years of AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.