• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth Spirit vs. Brisbane City - NRC Round 2, 31/08 @ UWA Sports Park - McGillivray Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Agreed great family day at the rugby.

Question for those that were there. In the second half City kicked long, ball was caught by one of the Spirit reserves who threw it to the winger who took a quick lineout. Spirit were penalised at the point it was thrown in. Does anyone know if something happened at the kick or was the penalty created at the throw in? If so what the he'll for?

On a side note, any one ever seen advantage paid after a scrum goes 90 before?
It was for offside from the kick which city then kicked into touch

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can you give an update on how all the Wallabies in the game went, including Kev, Hodgson, and Godwin? (Were they the only three?)

Also who stood out for each team would be great!

Big shame about Kerevi pulling out right before the game.

No worries Ash. I thought Kev had a strong game, Godwin went OK for a first hit out. Hodgo got binned for doing what he always does, but otherwise had a reasonable game. Best player on the ground for mine was DHP, he'll go alright at fullback for the Force next year.

The two halves for Brisbane I thought were excellent, especially Frisby. Had Kerevi been playing it would have been carnage I reckon. Junior played at 13 for us and looked a bit overweight to be honest.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No worries Ash. I thought Kev had a strong game, Godwin went OK for a first hit out. Hodgo got binned for doing what he always does, but otherwise had a reasonable game. Best player on the ground for mine was DHP, he'll go alright at fullback for the Force next year.

The two halves for Brisbane I thought were excellent, especially Frisby. Had Kerevi been playing it would have been carnage I reckon. Junior played at 13 for us and looked a bit overweight to be honest.

Thanks for the report; actually thanks to all the Perth guys who attended and have written updates / reports. Great stuff guys!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Are you doing a write up on the game mate?
Sorry mate won't be able to do anything till tomorrow morning got a family dinner now partner would kill me if i don't go.

I could do a bare-bones one for Gaffa to add the colour tomorrow if you want.

Got the stats here but would need the template.

Perth Spirit: 21

Tries: 3
Dillyn Leyds 12', 36'
Heath Tessmann 22'
Conv: 2
Dillyn Leyds 12', 36' (2/3)
Cards:
Matt Hodgson (YC) 44' to 54'
Brisbane City: 26

Tries: 4
Chris Kuridrani 2'
Pettowa Paraka 31', 40'
Junior Laloifi 65'
Conv: 2
Jake McIntyre 31', 65' (2/4)
Pen: 0
Jake McIntyre (0/1)

Crowd: 2,300

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good day for rugby. Great atmosphere as well.

DHP was outstanding and Godwin seems very switched on, as you would be heading into the Wallabies squad.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah when the Spirit backs (Godwin especially) got some pill they looked a class above the Brizzy boys. The problem was they didn't get enough of the ball!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey Perth friends, how did C Kuridrani look this week?
He had good impact on attack and did well on scoring the first try but he needs to step his defence up he was coming in off his wing to much leaving plenty of space for his opposite and they took a lot of it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You're welcome mate. It was a great day out and long may the concept continue. Good things will come of this for Australian rugby.
Thats great to hear TBH, I have been to 2 games here in Qld, seen the City and Country boys play, and like you think ARU are on right track, hope people keep supporting it (and this from a kiwi who just loves rugby). All the little probs that people have pointed out are only that, little problems (ie jersey colours etc), and I am sure will all be sorted as comp really gets it's lags over next couple of years!!

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Just saw the result of the game and game reports by Gaffa. Not a lot of respect shown to the Bris City boys. They virtually had a team full of kids against a Super Rugby team. The referee and his 50/50 calls may have been a factor in the game but with the host of players the Spirit had they had more then enough experience to get the win in that tight contest. Well done Brisbane City!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sounded like execution cost Spirit more than the ref; when those last passes aren't sticking or are going astray it can be a long afternoon. City's defence also sounded like it scrambled well in its red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.