• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting to see who is going to take out the 2nds XV premiership this year with shore (12), joeys (13), kings (14) all have it up for grabs.
JOEYS VS NEW: if joeys beat newington than they jump up to 15 hoping that joeys loses this means they will be outright premiers, but don't count out newington- they beat joeys last time and won by 20+ in the wet this week

KINGS VS SHORE: only 5 game points have separated these teams the whole year and this is the third time they will play each other. If kings win regardless of joeys they win outright. if shore win and joeys lose, shore and kings will be joint premiers.

Should be a highly contested round in the 2nds. G and G needs to be firing from hunters hill as the fate of the premiers rests in others hands.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1352 more posts needed to surpass the Sydney GPS 2013 thread total. That is another 68 pages!

We are also approx 124000 page views behind last years total.

With one round left in 2014, we need to lift our game.:)

Note: This is not a licence to post rubbish just to have a tilt at breaking the "record".

We're doing OK historically though. For the record, the 2013 thread had 4201 posts (211 pages) and 545 643 views, the 2012 thread had 2796 posts (140 pages) with 479 296 views, the 2011 thread was 1432 posts (72 pages) with 176522 views, and the 2010 thread was 786 posts (40 pages) with 74123 views.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1352 more posts needed to surpass the Sydney GPS 2013 thread total. That is another 68 pages!

We are also approx 124000 page views behind last years total.

With one round left in 2014, we need to lift our game.:)

Note: This is not a licence to post rubbish just to have a tilt at breaking the "record".

We're doing OK historically though. For the record, the 2013 thread had 4201 posts (211 pages) and 545 643 views, the 2012 thread had 2796 posts (140 pages) with 479 296 views, the 2011 thread was 1432 posts (72 pages) with 176522 views, and the 2010 thread was 786 posts (40 pages) with 74123 views.

Hmmmmmmm.
I think my analysis of this trend belongs in another thread.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
. View seem to be in disarray with players sidelined for dummyspits but they could change everything with a win next Saturday.

I see view as going one of two ways. Either a big game to be the only side to beat Scots and stop them being undefeated or dropping the ball after their loss and being soundly beaten

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Depending on next weeks results this year's narrative is simply the resurgence of Shore. (okay, this looks better if Shore take out Kings). View seem to be in disarray with players sidelined for dummyspits but they could change everything with a win next Saturday. Fairfax journalists turned up at New game but couldn't get a follow-up story. The real mettle of the teams will be on show this week. I do feel though for the boys wanting to go around again in a club side next year as it's hard to break in. AAGPS should work on this - the boys entertain us for ten weeks and then it's up to the old politicking to keep going forward.

I think the narrative is a little more complex than that.:)

At season end there will be little between Joeys, Newington and Shore, Kings will have finished a disappointing last, Riverview didn't live up to the pre-season hype of their supporters and Scots reigned supreme.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
. View seem to be in disarray with players sidelined for dummyspits but they could change everything with a win next Saturday.

I see view as going one of two ways. Either a big game to be the only side to beat Scots and stop them being undefeated or dropping the ball after their loss and being soundly beaten

I think that they will most likely be soundly beaten, but it will have as much to do with the class of their opponents as it will with Riverview "dropping the ball".

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

View's game on Saturday could have gone either way in atrocious conditions. They failed to use the wind in the first half (15 pointer i reckon) and they insisted on running plays across the cricket pitch which should have been avoided at all costs.
Most significantly for me, however, was that Woodhill for Shore was MOTM and gave the 'view inside backs absolutely no room in which to operate in circumstances where the weather was creating its own pressure.
I would not call that disarray and I question whether the dummyspitter(s) would have made any difference - one of them would have struggled in the heavy going, i reckon.
TSC have the back row to cause issues for SIC in the inside backs come rain hail or shine.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)

My money is on the Latter, thinks Scots will turn it on again (unless the slops disrupts the show again)

S

spirit of cupertino

I fear they think beating Scots in a half a game of rugby will be enough.

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
With grammer, tas and high moving to the thirds comp. Does this mean the seconds at these school are just playing for the pennant? If anyone can confirm did any teams thus far go undefeated? I assume all the 5ths from others schools play the 2nds as previously stated in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
With grammer, tas and high moving to the thirds comp. Does this mean the seconds at these school are just playing for the pennant? If anyone can confirm did any teams thus far go undefeated? I assume all the 5ths from others schools play the 2nds as previously stated in the thread.

These are the results I have for TAS seconds. V Grammar (same level), Grammar 8, TAS 7. V Shore TAS 7, Shore 14. V Kings, Kings TAS 0, Kings 15. V Scots TAS 17, Scots 10. V Newington, TAS 5, Newington 0. V SBH (same level) TAS 31 SBH 0. V View TAS 24 View 10.

Not sure what conclusions I draw from this. Like on like among the minnows, the results reflect those in the thirds comp. Against other schools, TAS seconds are clearly competitive against the fifths, but not dramatically so.

And spare a thought for the TAS 13As. They went undefeated through the whole season, only to lose to View in the final match 13-12!

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
That news to the High 13a's who I thought won 26-23. Wanting to beat SGS to remain undefeated. Put 50 on Kings, Scots and Joeys, Shore forteited.

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
High 13as game against SGS at 9am. But at Weigall. Oh well you can only play what's in front of you. Said some ex Wallaby coach

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
These are the results I have for TAS seconds. V Grammar (same level), Grammar 8, TAS 7. V Shore TAS 7, Shore 14. V Kings, Kings TAS 0, Kings 15. V Scots TAS 17, Scots 10. V Newington, TAS 5, Newington 0. V SBH (same level) TAS 31 SBH 0. V View TAS 24 View 10.

Not sure what conclusions I draw from this. Like on like among the minnows, the results reflect those in the thirds comp. Against other schools, TAS seconds are clearly competitive against the fifths, but not dramatically so.

And spare a thought for the TAS 13As. They went undefeated through the whole season, only to lose to View in the final match 13-12!

Do you have any idea of a team which has won this 'comp' or has a good chance too

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
That news to the High 13a's who I thought won 26-23. Wanting to beat SGS to remain undefeated. Put 50 on Kings, Scots and Joeys, Shore forteited.

I was quoting the TAS web site. I must have misread it. Checking the detailed results, SBHS defeated TAS 26-24. Thanks for the correction.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
View's game on Saturday could have gone either way in atrocious conditions. They failed to use the wind in the first half (15 pointer i reckon) and they insisted on running plays across the cricket pitch which should have been avoided at all costs.
Most significantly for me, however, was that Woodhill for Shore was MOTM and gave the 'view inside backs absolutely no room in which to operate in circumstances where the weather was creating its own pressure.
I would not call that disarray and I question whether the dummyspitter(s) would have made any difference - one of them would have struggled in the heavy going, i reckon.
TSC have the back row to cause issues for SIC in the inside backs come rain hail or shine.
The only way View could have avoided the slop was if they had a game plan that you could play on the back of a postage stamp because the pitch area was a bog from 22-22 and covered about 40% of the width of the field. Agree Woodhill played well but wasn't the reason they won. The 9 and 13 were both stand outs for Shore, with 9's distribution in those conditions quick and accurate. The pressure came mostly from being allowed to rush offside unpenalised. It will be interesting if Scots back row can pressure views inside backs, they didn't cause too much trouble in round 1. Anyway well done to Shore, they fought hard for their win and a nice way to finish their last game.

Tangles

Frank Row (1)
I am sorry, but you are new to this aren't you?
How about you give me a reason or two why he won't?
Do you know where SoC junior will end up as well?
Please enlighten us all Sir
Does being new discount facts?

Speaking recently to people from norths his name is not confirmed or assumed. Where did that assumption stem from? This age, still like to play with their mates.
I have reason to believe no decisions have been made by these young men. And until these boys decide where they go, will not speculate or assume. Isnt there a pending HSC for these lads to be more preoccupied with?

Status
Not open for further replies.