• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Maybe it's just he didn't consider a single additional back worthy of the 23 and went for the 6/2 split for that reason. He always speaks of substitutes needing to bring an impact and if he didn't consider any of the fit options able to do that, why would he carry them. It's a risk but so are all selections.

that could well be the reason, it was either him or Betham..

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I would prefer to have AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) somewhere in the starting lineup, and while I'm no fan of JOC (James O'Connor) I could see him pushing for selection on goal kicking alone unless Quade retains his spot and continues with his kicking form.....

You'd reckon To'omua would have made a point of learning to kick goals (well) at some point in her career. It's not like he's a converted winger.

Early days yet but maybe it will be a positive for Foley over COoper?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You'd reckon To'omua would have made a point of learning to kick goals (well) at some point in her career. It's not like he's a converted winger.

Copper is a better goal kicker then Foley, regularly hits drop goals too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

C'mon Cyclo.......... you called me out on "retain!"

:p

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I know AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was part of a formidable Tah backline and I know he's very popular, but I really think he's going to end up fighting JOC (James O'Connor) (and Tomane?) for a wing spot next season (I imagine Speight will secure a spot) as I think Kuridrani has more potential against the teams we have difficulty beating with regularity. He'd (as in , AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)) be an absolute stud to have on the Bench, though, covering every spot from 11 to 15.

I expect AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to be there somewhere, he is just so reliable.

JOC (James O'Connor)? I hope that "wonderful", "changed", "now no longer a selfish ****" "human being" that was a "brand" actually provides some evidence and before he gets near a Wallaby jersey.

But if the choice was AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or JOC (James O'Connor), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) every day of the week. I would choose the one that will play for the team over the individual.

T

Train Without a Station

JOC (James O'Connor) is more talented. But more talented doesn't equal winning games. I'd back AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to stick to his job more. And I'd back JOC (James O'Connor) to move off his wing for personal gain.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I expect AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to be there somewhere, he is just so reliable.

JOC (James O'Connor)? I hope that "wonderful", "changed", "now no longer a selfish ****" "human being" that was a "brand" actually provides some evidence and from before he gets near a Wallaby jersey.

But if the choice was AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or JOC (James O'Connor), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) every day of the week. I would choose the one that will play for the team over the individual.

If your going on past performances, You'd have to give it to JOC (James O'Connor). His off-field issues make him a punchable douche-bag, but if you take out the illogical decision to start him at 10 for the Lions, then his performances for the wallabies - especially on the wing, and against top opposition have been superb. I'd say better then anything AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has done in recent years. Take a look at the entire last RWC for reference.

I'd take JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Like I said, I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be competing with others (incl JOC (James O'Connor)) for a wing spot. I agree that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is reliable and at this stage I'd pick him in the wing over all other comers besides Speight (who we haven't seen and can have the other wing spot anyway).

Based on Wallaby tests only (ie not super rugby) from 2012 to now, I would pick Kuridrani at 13 regardless of what is happening on the wing.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Between JOC (James O'Connor) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) I'd be taking JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing but on current form I'm picking AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out outside centre.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Between JOC (James O'Connor) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) I'd be taking JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing but on current form I'm picking AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out outside centre.

Agreed. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be battling Kuridrani for 13 next year.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
You cannot be so young that you do not remember his games against the AB's?

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 5 years ago doing well, or JOC (James O'Connor) debuting and doing poorly.

They have both grown since then, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) an all-round player, JOC (James O'Connor) a great winger. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for 13, JOC (James O'Connor) for wing. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) doesn't offer as much on the wing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd take JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 5 years ago doing well, or JOC (James O'Connor) debuting and doing poorly.

They have both grown since then, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) an all-round player, JOC (James O'Connor) a great winger. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for 13, JOC (James O'Connor) for wing. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) doesn't offer as much on the wing.

Are you sure you're not JOC (James O'Connor)?
You're all over the shop like he was.
he needs to mend a great many fences - start with the Dingo fence and when he's finished that I'll buy into his redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.