• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Are you sure you're not JOC (James O'Connor)?
You're all over the shop like he was.
he needs to mend a great many fences - start with the Dingo fence and when he's finished that I'll buy into his redemption.

I'll make it clear. JOC (James O'Connor) did very well on the wing at the last RWC against top opposition. This gave me a positive perception of him as a winger at the highest level.

IMO He has more qualities which are suited to the wing more so then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), for example footwork, finishing, kicking.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) strengths are running good lines, defence, consistency, which I think is more suited to 13.

Just because AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is more likeable then JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't mean he is a better winger.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haha, last test the talk was about Pocock. This time around its about JOC (James O'Connor). Hilarious stuff, not only are they not in the team named by Link, but they're not even in the squad.

I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a far better winger than centre at Int'l level (much like Richard Kahui was a better winger than centre) and IMO the combination of To'omua and Kurindrani should be given time to continue post the French series.

With the 6 forwards, maybe a strong message to the starting pack, bring the heat or you'll be dragged. I think Hodgson is a good inclusion against the Boks as is Horwill.

Hoping for an OZ win.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Haha, last test the talk was about Pocock. This time around its about JOC (James O'Connor). Hilarious stuff, not only are they not in the team named by Link, but they're not even in the squad.

Yup, it's entirely academic, JOC (James O'Connor) is next year's proposition, who knows what injuries will happen between now and then..

I also think that regardless of whether AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is better at wing or 13 was also academic for this game, with the personnel available it's the best back line we can field..

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Between JOC (James O'Connor) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) I'd be taking JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing but on current form I'm picking AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out outside centre.

on what form? last time in gold he was patchy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

It won't be long until France 2010 is brought up...........

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think Carter and Palu and Fardy can consider themselves "lucky". If they do not play out of their skins then the pine will await. This is Horwills' most important game for years.. Carter will be on last chance and if doesn't play well and Horwill does, then he (Horwill) will end up starting.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) v JOC (James O'Connor) next year. Absolutely man-love AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but he will be fighting for 13. JOC (James O'Connor) brings more at wing.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
All Blacks: believe in the value of experience and excellence over the long-term.

Wallabies fans: always eager to toss the classy veteran whose flaws they know for the next messiah.

And we should know JOC (James O'Connor) is not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
does anyone think the ARU is pressuring McKenzie on selections? During the France series there were a couple of unforced changes to the team resulting in more rebels playing. Then for the third match in Sydney the team had more waratahs players. Now for the perth game, Hodgson is somewhat inexplicably on the bench, despite the wallabies not playing 2 sevens this year. [/tinfoilhat]

T

Train Without a Station

They weren't unforced changes in Melbourne. Carter and Palu were both injured bringing Jones and Higginbotham in.

T

Train Without a Station

In addition to that, neither saw much game time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a far better winger than centre at Int'l level (much like Richard Kahui was a better winger than centre) and IMO the combination of To'omua and Kurindrani should be given time to continue post the French series.

With the 6 forwards, maybe a strong message to the starting pack, bring the heat or you'll be dragged. I think Hodgson is a good inclusion against the Boks as is Horwill.

Hoping for an OZ win.

Notwithstanding the above, It would be handy to have Poey on the bench against the Bokke in Perth.

HorseSizedDuck

Peter Burge (5)
All Blacks: believe in the value of experience and excellence over the long-term.

Wallabies fans: always eager to toss the classy veteran whose flaws they know for the next messiah.

And we should know JOC (James O'Connor) is not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

I do agree with all the things your saying.

With the power of hindsight of what the AB do, and if we lived in a fictitious world of unicorns and fairies and Aus and NZ swapped places, of course we would do the same thing the AB's currently do.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
IMHO
Playing Rugby: JOC (James O'Connor) is a "once in a generation" player.

Social Conscience + Team Member + Role Model + Off Field Attitude - up until NOW = absolute crap

I just hope the bloke (he used to be a young bloke but not now) has matured blah blah and makes a valuable contribution in ALL of thise areas above.

I will AGAIN, give him the benefit of the doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.