• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Kinesio tape (the coloured tape everyone wears) is for greater proprioception (the limbs/muscles knowing where they are in "space") and thus to allegedly prevent injury or re-injury. And you can actually strap a hammy, although like most other strapping it probably does sweet feck all.

Hunt will be a good promoter for the reds, as a league fan I have never rated Hunt, I believe he always benefited from playing with great players. He is a tough player and a good trainer but IMO he is nothing like the natural athlete Izzy is. That said, he wont be a flop by any means and should hold his own but wont be a superstar.

T

Train Without a Station

You can strap a calf or a hammy but as noted does fuck all because you aren't replacing/assisting a ligament. Generally only effective for joints.

Hunt isn't the athlete that Folau is, but Folau isn't the footballer Hunt is. Different types of players.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You can strap a calf or a hammy but as noted does fuck all because you aren't replacing/assisting a ligament. Generally only effective for joints.

Hunt isn't the athlete that Folau is, but Folau isn't the footballer Hunt is. Different types of players.
I remember Hunt's support play being superb in league, that's usually an excellent measure of the brain a guy has for the game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I still thought that kenesio tape still had no scientific proven value, but am happy to be corrected.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I still thought that kenesio tape still had no scientific proven value, but am happy to be corrected.

was just taking TWAS's word. I thought guys did use it for everything from hammys to heartstrings but didn't want to appear toooooo ignorant.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is Sef Fagaase still injured? Haven't heard his name floating around the NRC comp. I thought he was rated up there as the best Premier Grade playing prop and shortlisted for the Reds.

The way its looking though, Paraka, Talaki and Kite have all performed well so far for brissy nrc. Unless Fagaase comes back soon and dominates, the open prop spots may go to the other guys.

frenchman

Bob McCowan (2)
Is Sef Fagaase still injured? Haven't heard his name floating around the NRC comp. I thought he was rated up there as the best Premier Grade playing prop and shortlisted for the Reds.

The way its looking though, Paraka, Talaki and Kite have all performed well so far for brissy nrc. Unless Fagaase comes back soon and dominates, the open prop spots may go to the other guys.

Im actually surprised they haven't contracted a couple of props already, would of thought after 2 strong NRC games Paraka and kite/talakai would of been enough to get them a deal. What else could they be looking for? Other than perhaps waiting for Fagaase to come back from injury....Are they looking to Japan for a prop also?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Spoke to a friend who was in attendance tracking Talakai and said he was subbed on immediately around the 25th minute mark in favour of Kite.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Paraka looks the goods especially at running the ball. He has always been a runner and rarely does the hard work - was the same at schools level. He has real potential

He's a big bugger nowdays and still only a kid. Sef has a long way to go to becoming a S15 prop but then again he is also just a kid ATM

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Always hard to judge with props but out of those names we've mentioned, I thought Paraka looked the most unfit. Maybe its just his body shape but the other props seem to look more solid as opposed to overweight. Can't deny Paraka has been going well though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Does this have legs?

However, in France, the Toulon club he plays for in the Top 14 has said it expects him to rejoin them after the Cup.
French reports say O'Connor's return to Australia will be for only six months as part of a clause in a signed three-year contract with the Toulon club.
This clause, the reports say, will enable O'Connor to play for the Reds in Super Rugby next season, which is required if he is to earn selection into the Wallabies squad for the World Cup that runs from September 18 to October 31.
A similar grey area arose last week when French sports daily L'Equipe reported that O'Connor sought a guarantee from Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie that he would be picked if he returned – a claim McKenzie denied on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/confusion-over-james-oconnors-plans-despite-queensland-reds-deal-20140902-10bipq.html#ixzz3CCROHvsx

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Like I've said in other threads Jim Carmichael hasn't really spoken on this, and the fact JOC (James O'Connor) hadn't done one of his roadshow news conferences for the reds signing worries me a little. Rather wait for the facts to bubble to the surface, but it's not a good look IMO.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah if that's the case I'd rather we only used him if we had a heap of injuries. Ideally we wouldn't and he'd then come back for nothing.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
feao, talakai, paraka and Kite all look a tad on the unfit side. purely from an uneducated opinion just based on looks and walking. This is in comparison to the competing props in the franks brothers and the beast - even duplessis, who are obviously amongst the best in the world

Talakai probably showed the most intensity especially in the tackle and that was at Ballymore R1. Paraka scrums well but appears to struggle to keep up in the fast games - yet obviously bloody hard to stop when he does get involved.

They are all such beasts and would be great to have probably any of them involved - and I'm sure that under a professional contract and training fulltime at the reds, they may drop a kg or 5 and get the 80min fitness they need.

Comparing a few kids playing club Rugby to the Du Plessis's, the Franks's and the Beast is always going to have them looking unfit. I get your point but, Ben Tamiefuna is living proof that there's more to fitness than a low body fat percentage.

It's a good problem to have though if they continue to develop as they have to date. As you say, getting involved in a professional set up, should quickly bring these guys up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.