• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth Spirit vs. Brisbane City - NRC Round 2, 31/08 @ UWA Sports Park - McGillivray Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
I laughed at few comments from Spirit supporters after the game. I understand their confidence before the game (Spirit had many S15 players available). However the final " backline looked a class above Brizzy boys" got me going. Guys your team lost to young City forward pack, get over it. By the way its hard not to notice such a talent in the City team.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I laughed at few comments from Spirit supporters after the game. I understand their confidence before the game (Spirit had many S15 players available). However the final " backline looked a class above Brizzy boys" got me going. Guys your team lost to young City forward pack, get over it. By the way its hard not to notice such a talent in the City team.
Mate not to be rude but if City did much I would have been happy to give them credit but they didn't really do a whole lot penalties and Frisby won the game for you and good on them. What they did do well was take all the little chances they did have unlike the spirit who left a shed load of points out on the field.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
From what you saying they just stood there and watch. Mate, get real, this is how you win games against all odds.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
From what you saying they just stood there and watch. Mate, get real, this is how you win games against all odds.
I've watched the game. Was some weird cAlls but city won fair. I thought city had a pretty good bloody team. Didn't realise everyone thought the city team on paper was shit.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
City team on paper is decent, but is loaded with injuries - e.g. their entire backrow (Gill, Browning, Schatz), halves (Genia, Cooper), centres (Tapuai, Kerevi), wing/fullback (Turner, Va'aulu).

That's not to say the team they fielded isn't bad - it's practically the pick of the crop of the next tier of players in Brisbane, and the way Frisby is playing, you could easily argue he is better than Genia was this year anyway. Even with all those injuries the team City fielded is arguably better than Country. edit: there's still loads of Reds and fringe Reds / WTS in that City team - the entire front row, reserve props, second row, backrow, halves, and one wing.

I think there's 5 top teams you could easily pick right now, in no order: Rising, Vikings, Spirit, NSW Country, and City.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That's probably about right for the top 5, though I'm not sure about the Vikings and it's tough to gauge qld country off of their only game

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
City team on paper is decent, but is loaded with injuries - e.g. their entire backrow (Gill, Browning, Schatz), halves (Genia, Cooper), centres (Tapuai, Kerevi), wing/fullback (Turner, Va'aulu).

That's not to say the team they fielded isn't bad - it's practically the pick of the crop of the next tier of players in Brisbane, and the way Frisby is playing, you could easily argue he is better than Genia was this year anyway. Even with all those injuries the team City fielded is arguably better than Country. edit: there's still loads of Reds and fringe Reds / WTS in that City team - the entire front row, reserve props, second row, backrow, halves, and one wing.

I think there's 5 top teams you could easily pick right now, in no order: Rising, Vikings, Spirit, NSW Country, and City.
And I've got to agree with you on Frisby. He will be a prime example of how good the NRC is or Aussie rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
After having watched the first half, I have to say that I was impressed with McDuling. Thought he had a good impact.

Horwill's break was all Frisby as well - a snipe, offload, then Frisby backed up to take the pop pass from Horwill off the ground.

Leynds looks like a real threat in the future for the Force. Dangerous runner, and good vision. He was unlucky he overcooked that cross field kick right at the start, it was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.