• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I wonder why Jacko didn't penalise it? I suppose if he had Ben T would have been a red.
Used too be a life ban for manhandling the ref.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The review will take place tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 3 September, by Judicial Officer Chris Morris via video conference.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The review will take place tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 3 September, by Judicial Officer Chris Morris via video conference.
I can't see how Tameifuna could hope for less than 6 weeks. The guidelines posted by HJ suggest if could/should be much more. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when BT puts forward his case.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when BT puts forward his case.

"Your honour, the plaintiff in pink was blatantly and insidiously encroaching upon the inside channel and thus impinging upon my right to perform my job duty to the utmost of my abilities, that being smashing pricks right in the f**king teeth. For me to not defoliate the channel in question would have been tantamount to a clear dereliction of my professional duty under Waikato Rugby Law. Thank you. I rest my case. Now then. Next item on the agenda: who amongst you has procured my midday repast, that being my lunch, motherf**kers."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Judging by the size of him, I'm not sure that I'd want to be between Tummyfuna and the Lunch Table, for fear of becoming collateral damage.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Making fun of people's weight is not really on guys. Please use his correct name in future. Saying he would be a better footballer 20 Kgs lighter is fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"That's why forwards don't kick the ball".
Stephan Luatua gifts Tasman Makos a try with a kick that is a cross between The Honey Badgers and Liam Gil's left foot effort.

Someone will past a You Tube Link in due course. Pretty sure it will be on a Sean Maloney Top 5 list fairly soon.

They have........

Otago v Canterbury tonight, 4th anniversary of the 1st & less-destructive Canterbury earthquake. Both top of their respective divisions, should be a cracker.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's time out for Big Ben Tameifuna after New Zealand Rugby's judiciary banned him five weeks for his shove on referee Glen Jackson last weekend.
Tameifuna shoved referee Glen Jackson in the 72nd minute of Waikato's national provincial championship victory at North Harbour on Saturday.
Citing commissioner John Wootton reporter the incident after the match.
The three hour hearing was held in Auckland today, with judicial officer Chris Morris hearing evidence from Tameifuna, Chiefs coach Dave Rennie, Waikato coaching and team management, match officials, including Glen Jackson, and viewing video footage of the incident.
The Waikato prop was focused on his defensive duties when he shoved Jackson, and after the match said there were no hard feelings between himself and the referee.
Ironically, Tameifuna was shown a yellow card moments after the incident for playing the ball on the ground, unrelated to the push.
Judicial officer Morris accepted that Tameifuna was focused on his defensive duties, and there was no malicious intent.
''Having taking into account the evidence, the player's post-match apology to the referee, his full acknowledgement that his actions were inappropriate, I have endeavoured to impose a proportionate sanction taking into account other similar situations from overseas decisions,'' he said.
''However it is imperative that players instinctively know that it is never, under any circumstances, appropriate for a player to abuse, verbally or physically, a match official.
''Taking all those factors into account, I find that a suspension of five weeks is appropriate and proportionate to the offending. Ben Tameifuna is banned immediately from all rugby up to and including 5 October.''
Waikato coach Jonny Walters said his side planned for the worst ahead of their clash with Tasman tomorrow, and Tameifuna trained with the reserves yesterday morning in anticipation of the suspension.
Josh Hohneck will start at prop in Tameifuna's absence.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Otago seems to have figured out a way to neutralize part of Canterbury's game -- get your props injured and have uncontested scrums.

It's at least worked for one half. Or a good percentage of that half.

EDIT: Nope, Canterbury showed to be a little more canny in the final seconds of the first half. Still a hell of a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.