• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't mind the option of starting with big boppers and getting them fit rather than trying to start with littluns and trying to meat them up a bit.

I think there is huge potential with Paraka and Kite. Haven't seen enough of Fagaase nor Talakai to be honest, but they provide us great depth options.

B

Bobby Sands

I've gotta say that I think the signing of Tui is very shrewd squad management.

This is without seeing or knowing much about it at all.

What I do know; he is the right type of athlete. While similar in physique to Shatz, he is a more dynamic athlete.

-He has incredible footwork for a big man.

-He is a mature bodied player, that will help take the pressure off young developing big men such as Quirk.

-He has been coached by Eddie Jones for a long while, and has played in tandem with George Smith at club level. Therefore he should be technically a strong player.

-He has played 25 tests for Japan, so he has good experience.

-He would not have been expensive, and the fact that he is "japanese" means that it is pretty much a free-swing in terms of squad spots.

Good signs, it appears to me that Cordingley is an intelligent list manager.

T

Train Without a Station

I think he can be a strong signing. Generally for these types of players what prevents them playing more at international level is fitness and work rate. We've got that in spades. We actually need a bloke that can dong a few c***s, have a breather then bump a few, rinse and repeat.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think he can be a strong signing. Generally for these types of players what prevents them playing more at international level is fitness and work rate. We've got that in spades. We actually need a bloke that can dong a few c***s, have a breather then bump a few, rinse and repeat.

Jeez TWAS

the word "black" isn't really appropriate or am I being too sensitive

T

Train Without a Station

Sorry. That should be bloke. Not to be sexist but I just don't think that a woman is capable of the role required.

B

Bobby Sands

Jeez TWAS

the word "black" isn't really appropriate or am I being too sensitive

Ahhh no, you are not being too "sensitive" by being offended by the use of the word "black." I can only assume it is a spelling typo, otherwise whoever that bloke is should do an under-water weights session.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Well, the media have started their usual Cooper v ARU contract stories reporting that it's not going well again....

Perhaps the Reds actually hired JOC (James O'Connor) as the replacement 10.

OMG! (goes and washes mouth out with soap)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
To be honest if Cooper comes back with the same test form he showed before his shoulder injury he'd be better than any previous version of Quade Cooper that has played for the Wallabies in the past.

Nobody is really taking the 10 jersey with two hands right now either but the current financial state of things pretty much ensures Quade is going to get a haircut.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Surely they'd just offer him a 3 year contract and it would allow him to play in Japan of France in 2016? If not what have they added this option? It would allow him to still play for the Wallabies and also test himself in France and make some extra $$$.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wider training squad if anything. From what I've heard he has more interest in moving to Sydney due to Team Tonga at the Tah's. I actually think he could be good for the Reds.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I like Richard Brown but again he's not exactly the kind of player we're looking for.

I was thinking more someone like Samu Manoa. Another USA international, plays for Northampton currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.