• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Alright so some arguments getting heated. Here's a question that's been pondering me for a while.

Who would win and by how much?

Iona College First XV 2013 vs St Edmunds College First XV 2014

Underfeated Premiers against underfeated premiers. Any 2015 teams that could match either one?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Alright so some arguments getting heated. Here's a question that's been pondering me for a while.

Who would win and by how much?

Iona College First XV 2013 vs St Edmunds College First XV 2014

Underfeated Premiers against underfeated premiers. Any 2015 teams that could match either one?

The Iona team for sure. I'd go far enough to say the top 3 or 4 teams from that year would beat the SEC 2014 team. The year group as a whole were much more talented than their successors.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hahahha well this is pretty obvious this is Luke scanes. Yes in the pats games he was on and i wasnt howver, that because at the poin in time I was a back and playing wing. That week the fowards coach told me to train as a foward and i ended up starting in the fowards for the final 3 games. And you benched for 16s :/ after playing union for like 6+ years :/ and the only reason you made d-squad is because your dad is like the president of the rugby support group.. it doesnt matter how good harrison is.. is he better than peter collins or james clarke, I dont thinks my picks are S@%T i am just being honest. Harrison will most definley play firsts, i just dont think at this stage he will start before those players.

Which wing did you play left or right?

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
What about Iona ?
Iona will beat SLC and Villa I'm sure.

Padua: Undefeated. Has a good chance at a B2B premiership in 2016.
SEC: Loosing to Padua
MCA: Losing to Padua and SEC
SPLC: Imports will arrive soon.
SPC: Might lose to Iona. Could be close.
IONA: Might beat Pats. Could be close.
VILLA: 16 yrs age group were crap I heard.
SLC: Last few years have not been good.

I think this is more accurate.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Loving the thoughtful rugby analysis on the thread, riveting stuff...

Keep it up boys, Term 3's almost over, so season's just around the corner!

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
SEC will win the premiership for sure.

I think it will be as even as it gets between Padua and SEC. Didn't watch many of Eddie's games this year but I'm pretty confident that a lot of their strength came from their fullback. As I understand it their number 10 is quite talented and will be sure to help carry the team next season.

Padua on the other hand will have undoubtedly the best front row in the comp with their hooker and prop both being prospects for AIC 1. Tom O'Toole is obviously a unit and will dominate the forward pack.

My bets are on Padua for the premiership. But don't quote me as their are some very talented teams coming through and the final ladder is never what people expect.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Need to get a bit of credibility back into this thread gents... Pre-season can't be too far away and we're yet to spark any real discussion about the upcoming season. Bit of speculation around team selections, but that's a guessing game this far out from the season.
Any news on new coaching appointments ? I know with Myles heading to Ashgrove, SEC would be in the market .. Any news there? What about other schools- any changes ?

What about some discussion on the genuine standout players for next year to look out for ? The U15 state champs had a number of AIC players on display, who by all reports, well and truly matched it against the GPS schools. The fullback from IONA looks the goods, as does a big strong second rower at Padua, and also the 5/8 from Ashgrove. The SEC injured 10, will be back next year too.. Which boys dominated 1stXV this year and will be back next year ?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ashgrove have already selected their 56 man squad and begun weights training, with field work starting next term. 35 Opens and 21 U16's. Jon Fitzgerald remains as head coach.

I too would like to see some quality discussion on this thread rather than the usual garbage as we've had in the past. Is there anyone that would be interesting in writing some match reports for the coming season?

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is ashgrove the only School that has started 'Pre-season' training? I've heard that some schools have been told to just begin their own strength training in their own time, No on field training started though. Anyone can confirm would be good.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Is ashgrove the only School that has started 'Pre-season' training? I've heard that some schools have been told to just begin their own strength training in their own time, No on field training started though. Anyone can confirm would be good.

Iona start on-field training over the school holidays. I can imagine most others schools will start soon as well.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
I hear Iona had super star centres in the U16 's this year. Does that mean they will be in with a chance of winning the 1st next year.

S

Soil Ruggers

With Michael Dickie and Tristan Stanghom (may be going to BBC) it will create great depth in the Iona back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.