• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Kepu went to High school in Auckland, so I very much doubt he made Aussie Schools.
Slipper played prop @ TSS

Apologies, Kepu represented NZ U17's as a back rower, not Aus schools.

Red-L

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the possible recruitment of Jason Taumalolo from the cowboys, does anyone know if has any rugby experience? I feel like Ita Vaea would be a good quality No.8 now he is back healthy and playing rugby again. At 120 kg alongside Hui and Gill would make a nice back row...

T

Train Without a Station

Apparently Vaea has been signed by the Brumbies already unfortunately.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the possible recruitment of Jason Taumalolo from the cowboys, does anyone know if has any rugby experience? I feel like Ita Vaea would be a good quality No.8 now he is back healthy and playing rugby again. At 120 kg alongside Hui and Gill would make a nice back row.

welcome to the forum. Has the signing of the cowboy been talked in the press? Haven't heard it previously?

Has Ita Vaea been playing much in the NRC at all?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Just for some perspective on Tupou, I just came across this comment on the Roar article about him. Apparently one of his school coaches.

"Having coached Taniela for about 3 years he spent two years in our 1st xv which we all know about (scored some bloody good trys) and the games that weren’t televised? Some say he was better. What I want to get across is this. Taniela is a kid. He walks like an 18 year old kid, talks like an 18 year old kid, is friends with kids his own age and guess what? He plays rugby like a kid. What are we supposed to achieve here breaking down his very early school boy career. He’s wanted to be a wallaby forever it’s no suprise to the people who know him. He even told Steve Hansen he wanted to be a wallaby. Let him do what he wants to do with his life he never asked for any of our opinions and definitely didn’t need any permission. I hope he plays in an all black beating team one day so he can smile at everyone who abused, talked shit and told him he’s nothing. He’s already achieved so much in such a short time. Keep feeding the monster. He’s hungry"

Red-L

Frank Nicholson (4)
In the CM today :
" THE Reds are denying this but they have discussed pinching North Queensland bulldozer Jason Taumalolo.
Taumalolo is off-contract at the end of next season and would be a sensational No.8 in rugby union.
There are rugby union player managers who are aware of the Reds’ interest and will try to work with Taumalolo’s managers the Orr brothers to make the deal happen. " Could be just lazy reporting.....

I was under the impression Vaea was released by the brumbies a few years ago when he failed the medical (blood clots or something). He is in one of the NRC squads cant remember which one though.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Taumalolo is off-contract at the end of next season and would be a sensational No.8 in rugby union.

Wait, we're solving one of our biggest holes in the team by signing a player who won't join the team until 2016?

In other news, I see the Reds are after memberships to be paid for already and it's gone up ever so slightly. I'm pretty sure the two Platinum tickets I and my GF have come out to around $470-475 each a year, but now they're asking for $495. While not a great deal more, it's a tad cheeky to do after the season we had this year.

T

TOCC

there was a thread on it, but im pretty sure you will find that the Reds membership prices haven't increased for the past 2 years(possibly 3) so its about time there was a slight rise.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Ita Vaea looked fat and out of nick in the City vs NSW country game. Some of his ball carries were savage though. But then again so were some of Schatz's. Ita would be a good get based on history but only at a fairly low price.

B

Bobby Sands

Ita Vaea looked fat and out of nick in the City vs NSW country game. Some of his ball carries were savage though. But then again so were some of Schatz's. Ita would be a good get based on history but only at a fairly low price.

Completely agree. He would be a fantastic signing at the right price. One of the best ball-carriers in the country.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Nothing that a good off season wouldn't fix. He played 6,7 & 8 for the Brumbies so he'd be valuable pick up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
News in the UK that Will may be off under the new arrangements:

Will Genia, the outstanding Australia scrum-half, is expected to join Bath next season as one of the first foreign marquee players allowed under new Premiership salary cap regulations.
Bath are understood to have reached an agreement with the Queensland Reds scrum-half, although the French Top 14 clubs Stade Français and Lyon are thought to believe they still have a chance of clinching a deal for the 26-year-old.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.