• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The League Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It might be just that, tripe, dunno myself (which is why I covered my arse with 'if true'. I wouldn't know one way or the other)

However, I'm only responding to say that on rugby HQ they repeated the same story. Did they lift it straight (without checking facts) from fitzsimons??

again, dunno.

I am not disputing the essence of the story, I am disputing the assertion that the signing of ONE Australian for ONE season for a lot of money proves anything about the future likelihood of NRL players like Inglis being signed.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
ah, ok, got it. anyways, after I posted it I recalled they did the story with the rider 'as reported by...'.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Triple M has been taking digs at union again with regard to Lote Tuqiri and his current form for the Rabbitohs. Tuqiri is playing well, but he came back to Sydney in rough shape, and on multiple occasions Triple M have blamed that on union and that "UK club" for not training hard. (By the way, Leinster hasn't been part of the UK for almost a century, Triple M).

They leave out that Tuqiri left the Tigers for Leinster after playing less than 15 games in 3 years because of injury, didn't initially start for Leinster because he wasn't ready, promptly got injured (didn't he get injured twice?), and spent the rest of this time in Dublin canoodling with a reality TV star, which apparently hastened his return to Australia to save his marriage.

But according to Triple M, it was that UK rugby union club's fault that Tuqiri came back to Australia in less than competition shape, and it took the Rabbitohs to make him an athlete again. It couldn't have been the three years of hardly no action in the NRL, trying to play union when he wasn't in shape for it, and apparently spending more time having an affair than training.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck MMM. I watched ten minutes of the Souths' "MAGNIFICENT-AMAZING-LOADBLOWING" win over Manly.

Fuck league players suck at defense. Manly gave Souths a simple man overlap with width several times in the bits I watched, so Souths just ran draw-n-pass and what do you know? Their winger was in space and scored!

Like its a fucking miracle that League players can't count.

Triple M has been taking digs at union again with regard to Lote Tuqiri and his current form for the Rabbitohs. Tuqiri is playing well, but he came back to Sydney in rough shape, and on multiple occasions Triple M have blamed that on union and that "UK club" for not training hard.

Plus he's a fucking professional so he should be training hard himself. The fact that he's a lazy old fuck is pertinent.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone read the Rothfield article on Monday after he spent a night with Dave Smith at the mungo?
Apparently, according to Diamond Dave, Izzy is ‘league through and through’. Says who?? He hasn’t played mungo for about a billion years and seems to be very happy. League through and through my left plum....

And the best one was Diamond Dave saying basically that once SBW and Burgess get world cups and Olympics out of their system, they’ll be back in league. Its like saying once an astronaut has been to the moon, he’d be keen to be the cleaning man at the Parkes Satellite dish.

The problem with these articles is the mungo masses read this tripe.

League through and through... dear me..

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
GAGR WEBSTORE
nmf6md.png
creditcards1.gif
$2.99 O.N.O

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, Dismal is on the special red pills tonight.
He he.
Where's my hoodie? I paid with one of those credit cards you got me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.