• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

Check this kid out. I just got a message from a mate.

Might be a good investment for the future.

Karmichael schoolboy clone, minus the tree-trunks. Only we got the genuine artifact! Don't get me wrong though, Ponga will be anything he wants to be.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Spikhaza's request of QRU for 2015

SO FAR - 2014

You've done well QRU and I'm not going to jump on the delusional bandwagon of haters that want Graham sacked after a year in charge.

Those guys are forgetting that

- Our style was deteriorating in 2012 and 2013 and we hadn't fixed it then
- There were signs of an imminent capitulation then
- Link definitely jumped off a ship with a low waterline

Clearly there were problems with injuries as well as a flaw within the squad.

You've also done well with the signings. I hope you didn't pay excess for Hunt given he's a little injury prone. Tongan Thor is good for the future and it doesn't matter if he doesn't get heaps of game time in 2015.

You've still got a bit to do for 2015 though:

Match Day:

#1 - GET RID of that music that plays over the top in general play. It destroys the atmosphere. Everyone goes quiet, it's obstructive. It's like the buzz kill of everyone at the pub having a great time only for someone to be hit in the head. It destroys the atmosphere.

#2 - Bring back those drums, they were sick. They created a cool atmosphere that was complimentary to the crowd and rugby that was on. Get them playing at the Caxton pre game. If anyone says otherwise they are wrong.

#3 - (optional) email all the Ruby members and tell them Spikhaza thinks they are wankers. They never say anything, they complain if people support their team. Tell them their support is better appreciated if they donate a million dollars to the QRU and piss off and watch the game on Foxsports.

Things That I know You won't Do But I'm going to say anyway

- Lower the price of tickets for students

- lower the price of beer

- get full strength, better beer

- Make a section right behind the posts where you can buy tickets in a bloc and sit with yer mates where the beer is cheap enough to be able to buy.

- The lack of atmosphere at your games is due to:
- Stupid ruby members
- UNaffordable piss
- inability to sit with bulk mates
- Wankers

Rugby

Yeah um do things, score tries and pass the ball around. Oh and win the ball at set piece and stop Rob Simmons from giving away penalties

Cheers

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Great.

Winning team by 4 tries each week, all by wingers out on the sideline;

Free piss for you and your mates (maybe chuck in some freshly B-B-Q'd lobster tails) with some straight Bundy Chasers;

Anyone who fucks with you or offers a different opinion such as barracking for the oposition gets immediately chucked out for being wankers;

Every scrum of the match, whether tighthead or loosehead is won by the Reds;

A cordoned off area for you and all you mates - probably total of 3;

Simmo finds religion, becomes the Pope, and continues playing rugby at the Reds, never again giving away a penalty.

Love it Spikhaza - see ya at the rugby

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Scrubber clearly hasn't been subjected to the wrath of the Ruby members yet. In time lad. It's a crime to 'speak at a higher volume than normal' in that section.

Also I think you misunderstood my point about scrums. I simply said the Reds should improve that aspect of their game.

I also think you misunderstood my point about Rob Simmons. Clearly the context of the post was a reference to Simmons ability to give away silly unnecessary penalties, and to lower that.

I also think you misunderstood my point about beer sales. No, no, reasonably priced beer does not mean "free piss for you and your mates". It just means reasonably priced beer, as implied by the words "reasonably priced beer". If you could not straw man my post that would be great.

I also think you misunderstood my point about barracking. The consensus was that barracking is a good thing, and its fans that love silence that are a problem. Hence, fans barracking for the opposition would be welcomed.

Love it Scrubber2050, hopefully see you and your Ruby member mates being nice and quiet in that Eastern stand with some occasional polite applause for a 'jolly good try' and being generally elitist and condescending for 80 minutes at every game of the 2015 season, before heading off to the Brisbane club for some port post game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd certainly hope that sporting venues will start following the rest of society's taste for better beer and start offering more options.

As for beer prices, they're never likely to decrease. Beer and food in stadiums will always be on the expensive side. I certainly don't think pricing is ridiculous though.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
At their prices I cant afford better beer.
And what the fuck is up with the ruby members and the not cheering shit.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Captive market with big breweries pumping big dollars in = No chance of reasonably priced beer or a better selection.

I've come to the realisation that the only time I'll have a drink at the rugby is in a corporate box.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Though the big breweries all have their 'craft' arms now, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see say some James Squire/Matilda Bay/Little Creatures at rugby grounds at some stage in the near future. If I had to drink mid strenght I'd prefer it was LC Rogers or JS Constable.

Though I don't think we'll ever get to where the Americans are with "the average Major League team this season ... offering 50 different beers from nearly 25 breweries" - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/sports/best-beer-in-baseball/

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Spikhaza's request of QRU for 2015

SO FAR - 2014

You've done well QRU and I'm not going to jump on the delusional bandwagon of haters that want Graham sacked after a year in charge.

Those guys are forgetting that

- Our style was deteriorating in 2012 and 2013 and we hadn't fixed it then
- There were signs of an imminent capitulation then
- Link definitely jumped off a ship with a low waterline

Clearly there were problems with injuries as well as a flaw within the squad.

You've also done well with the signings. I hope you didn't pay excess for Hunt given he's a little injury prone. Tongan Thor is good for the future and it doesn't matter if he doesn't get heaps of game time in 2015.

You've still got a bit to do for 2015 though:

Match Day:

#1 - GET RID of that music that plays over the top in general play. It destroys the atmosphere. Everyone goes quiet, it's obstructive. It's like the buzz kill of everyone at the pub having a great time only for someone to be hit in the head. It destroys the atmosphere.

#2 - Bring back those drums, they were sick. They created a cool atmosphere that was complimentary to the crowd and rugby that was on. Get them playing at the Caxton pre game. If anyone says otherwise they are wrong.

#3 - (optional) email all the Ruby members and tell them Spikhaza thinks they are wankers. They never say anything, they complain if people support their team. Tell them their support is better appreciated if they donate a million dollars to the QRU and piss off and watch the game on Foxsports.

Things That I know You won't Do But I'm going to say anyway

- Lower the price of tickets for students

- lower the price of beer

- get full strength, better beer

- Make a section right behind the posts where you can buy tickets in a bloc and sit with yer mates where the beer is cheap enough to be able to buy.

- The lack of atmosphere at your games is due to:
- Stupid ruby members
- UNaffordable piss
- inability to sit with bulk mates
- Wankers

Rugby

Yeah um do things, score tries and pass the ball around. Oh and win the ball at set piece and stop Rob Simmons from giving away penalties

Cheers

For a seemingly youngish man you have alot of anger/passion. That's a good thing, just make sure you direct in the right direction. Like don't light bush fires or anything to teach all of the stupid people a lesson.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My solution to the expensive beer is simply to share with my 3 mates. All bring a long straw.

Spik I actually agree with most of your stuff. Was just taking the piss

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
As for beer prices, they're never likely to decrease. Beer and food in stadiums will always be on the expensive side. I certainly don't think pricing is ridiculous though.

It depends on what you think is ridiculous price for light beer. We''re getting stung $7.20 for 425ml of light beer http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/2014_Food_and_Beverage_Price_List.aspx Then compounded that with XXX being no more than 100 metres away from the stadium so they could roll the kegs over and not use a semi!

I would dare say those looking for a big night out which involves the rugby saves their cash for the full strength beers afterwards up on Caxton street. Plenty of niche bars have now opened up which are tailored to the punters with "acquired" tastes.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It depends on what you think is ridiculous price for light beer. We''re getting stung $7.20 for 425ml of light beer http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/2014_Food_and_Beverage_Price_List.aspx Then compounded that with XXX being no more than 100 metres away from the stadium so they could roll the kegs over and not use a semi!

I would dare say those looking for a big night out which involves the rugby saves their cash for the full strength beers afterwards up on Caxton street. Plenty of niche bars have now opened up which are tailored to the punters with "acquired" tastes.

Is beer the same price at Suncorp when the Broncos are playing ???

Status
Not open for further replies.