• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD U/16s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone know when this squad gets announced? And with that any players who you think should make the squad?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Not happening. The ARU has canned the National U16 Championships. Bit of a disappointment from my view as it was a great tournament.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Cost to much from all reports. $100K was the figure mentioned.

I think that they would like the Gold program to become the pathway for players in the future and the U16's would have taken away some of the value from that.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
Cost to much from all reports. $100K was the figure mentioned.

I think that they would like the Gold program to become the pathway for players in the future and the U16's would have taken away some of the value from that.
It will leave a big hole as I am sure these U16 teams were used as good indication for the QLD1 & QLD2 teams the following year. So many of the boys don't have club commitments at this age to focus on increased school programs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
At best we get this in lieu of the annual U16 National tournament:
NSWJRU Invitational
On the October long weekend (4th and 5th Oct), NSWRU will be hosting the inaugural “NSW Invitational”.
This will be a festival of representative rugby to be played at TG Milner with teams ranging from the U15’s to U18’s on show.
The U16’s will see a round robin competition to be contested by NSW Country, SJRU, NSW Schools and a Western Sydney development side.
The NSW U15’s and U17’s will both be on show to clash with their counterparts from Brisbane Juniors, as well as an U16 Presidents XV and the Sydney U18’s.
Further details on the draw will be distributed closer to the date

Looks like BJRU will be sending U15 and U17 only to take on the NSW State Teams. No U16's.
Source: http://juniors.rugby.com.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.