• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the match against Argentina last year in Rosario was his only one outside the window it is rough, he only played 15 mins off the bench?

he also played v NZ on 19 October. Was that in the window?

Either way I reckon he's ineligible. Unless John Eales Medal points are included in those matches too?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He played every Rugby Championship match last year. He started the three Bledisloes and came off the bench in the other four games.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
he also played v NZ on 19 October. Was that in the window?

Either way I reckon he's ineligible. Unless John Eales Medal points are included in those matches too?

Oops I thought JEM was before that match. So that's 2 he's played outside the current window. I think that's fine, for eg. NRL rookies are allowed up to 4 games in the previous season.

--

Why don't they make these things based on a calendar year only instead of EOYT -> EOYT.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am not 100% sure whether that last Bled does count.

I think the reason for the timing is that they lose all the players post EOYT. They mostly go on leave, and soon after are back in with states.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last Bled in 2013 counted for last years medal. This years Bled 3 will be in this years count.

John Eales Medal count resets at the start of the Spring Tour,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't they usually have the John Eales Medal Dinner the week before they head off to Europe?

There is nothing I can find on google, or the ARU website saying when the John eales Medal awards night will be held.

There doesn't seem to be anything on the Foxtel on guide.

Anyone know when this is on?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Last game played,
Top contenders for the Medal have to be:

Hooper,
Slipper,
Fardy,
I think they have played all games that count from EOYT (2013) to last Saturday. These 3 blokes have just been outstanding

TK has been great in the last few games but consistency and games played will count against him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, its a players award voted by the players. Interesting that the top 2 or 3 are all forwards. But then again, when you think about it there are 8 forwards and 7 other blokes that make up a team Plus the bench is generally 6/2, again in favour of the piggies.

Simple maths really

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Out on the field it's a lot easier to see which players are really making the team go forward as well. Forwards win matches, backs decide by how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.