• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Facts ? - Parochial??? - hard to be parochial when you are down on the scoreboard.

MMM,s minor premiers with the best Attack an defence ( FACT ) and can only field 5 players in the starting side .That will do me and it's starting to show maybe the coaches are the ones that are struggling at this level.
Lewis one of the best front rowers in the NRC coming of the bench if needed, Hello they haven't won a game yet

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I agree with the notion that it's the coaches who are struggling - part of coaching is selecting the right team.

The 10/12/13 combination needs work for a start.

Spot on, and a 6 that assists in providing that link / momentum that has been missing (link being the key word - it has been missing).

senior

Peter Burge (5)
Facts ? - Parochial??? - hard to be parochial when you are down on the scoreboard.

Forwards - I didn't know about Lewis's injury and explained the change to 6.
I suggested a proven combo in the back line that out performed other centre combos in the Shute this year.
I'm undecided at 10
Wings I've gone for true finishes - one of them has been Aust 2 years U20's, and equaled the seasons leading try scorer.
Fullback BJ has had form this year.

I feel i justified my reasons

@qaz i thank passionate is a more appropriate word - supporting the Rays I want to contribute my thoughts as to the best team - a team that can win.

I won't start here. Open your other eye.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I won't start here. Open your other eye.
Yeah I want to see Gordon, Norths and Rats to share 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. And that means I'm supporting improvement in all clubs. Both eyes open that is why I think I'm seeing some of the issues the Rays are having in the NRC - not trying to assesd club teams in a different comp.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Game day , come on the Rays it's time for the combinations to start working
And a victory would be nice for the confidence of everybody involved . Stick it to them boys

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Bergelin V Wells - I'm very impressed with Wells, a hard tough player - Bergelin has a more complete game and with hard men Gower / Petersen / Ward playing the extra width and dimension Bergelin brings he'd get my pick.

This is nonsense. Wells is the antithesis of hard and tough. He seagulls, has a poor work rate, and when the opposition is hard and tough, he goes missing. Good in line out though. Bergelin any day if it is only a choice between those two.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Bergelin V Wells - I'm very impressed with Wells, a hard tough player - Bergelin has a more complete game and with hard men Gower / Petersen / Ward playing the extra width and dimension Bergelin brings he'd get my pick.

This is nonsense. Wells is the antithesis of hard and tough. He seagulls, has a poor work rate, and when the opposition is hard and tough, he goes missing. Good in line out though. Bergelin any day if it is only a choice between those two.

Spewn, Yes I agree with this all the way, but am told I only have one eye open so looking to cast fair view.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
There'll always be disagreements with selections in teams like this. Geoff Townsend makes the final call I guess.. It kind of looks like a couple of players are in the starting side to have all 4 clubs represented. I know that doesn't make sense but it may be how it's being worked out

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Spewn, Yes I agree with this all the way, but am told I only have one eye open so looking to cast fair view.

Michael Wells has just been signed to the Aussie 7s team so you might get your wish and Bergelin will be starting now.

With the Gold Coast 7s in less than a month, I think Wells will have played his last NRC game.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just found the side for this weekend Any thoughts??

1. MITCH LEWIS
  2. LUKE HOLMES
  3. TOBIAS GUKIBAU
  4. ED GOWER
  5. GREG PETERSON (C)
  6. HARRY BERGELIN
  7. BOYD KILLINGWORTH
  8. SAM WARD
  9. MATT LUCAS
  10. HAMISH ANGUS
  11. SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
  12. BRIAN SEFANAIA
  13. MICHAEL ADAMS
  14. CAM CRAWFORD
  15. DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH
16. DAVE PORECKI
17. DANE MARAKI
18. NICK FRAZER
19. RYAN MELROSE
20. JACK DEMPSEY
21. JOSH HOLMES
22. SCOTT DARUDA

23. MALI HINGANO

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Just found the side for this weekend Any thoughts??

1. MITCH LEWIS
  2. LUKE HOLMES
  3. TOBIAS GUKIBAU
  4. ED GOWER
  5. GREG PETERSON (C)
  6. HARRY BERGELIN
  7. BOYD KILLINGWORTH
  8. SAM WARD
  9. MATT LUCAS
  10. HAMISH ANGUS
  11. SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
  12. BRIAN SEFANAIA
  13. MICHAEL ADAMS
  14. CAM CRAWFORD
  15. DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH

16. DAVE PORECKI
17. DANE MARAKI
18. NICK FRAZER
19. RYAN MELROSE
20. JACK DEMPSEY
21. JOSH HOLMES
22. SCOTT DARUDA
23. MALI HINGANO

Would still like to see Porecki start.
Didn't see last weeks game but read on twitter whilst it was being played that Ale was one of the best and he's not listed - is he injured.
There are some players on the bench that I'd like to see play so I can see how they go.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^
DB

Are they having another curtain raiser using the emerging players?

If so, who are their opponents?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
^^^^
DB

Are they having another curtain raiser using the emerging players?

If so, who are their opponents?

Yes there is, U7 Allambie Jets for the time being.

Nah although the kids are running around having a game i do recall the 21s will be playing the curtain raiser - I cant recall against who though - I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.