• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Table after 4 rounds

Melb 20
NSW Country 15
Bne City 12
Canberra 9

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
great to see that our forwards were dominant even at scrum time. Do we credit the melbourne team for just being epic, or for Feao and Faagase being an improvement up front at scum time. Or perhaps a bit of A and B.

I hope Feao had a good game up front coz he has a pretty decent CV and seems more solid at set piece time then Paraka at 1. Whilst Faagase may be smaller then Kite and Talakai but he showed great workrate against Melbourne.

Did they do well as a pairing?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The game was in Lismore, so unfortunate I doubt any City supporters got to see it.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wait for the ARU to upload the videos to YouTube on Monday / Tuesday, can post the links here once they are ready if you guys want.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
3 tries to Schatz. Maybe going into Wallaby camp has done him the world of good. Link seems to get the best out of him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Gee for a big boy Peraka really struggles at scrum time. I'm no scrum doctor but it seems his so far back from his hooker.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
3 tries to Schatz. Maybe going into Wallaby camp has done him the world of good. Link seems to get the best out of him.

Not to knock him, but weren't they all push over tries?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
From the 1 minute highlight video, it seems like Schatz ran 4-5m or so from the back of the scrum for a couple of his tries. Dunno if that's really a "pushover", but he looks to have been barely opposed as the oppo were concentrating on the scrum.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Watched the whole lot. I thought it was a mostly very good performance. Our forwards must have had a rocket put up them and it seems the Buchanan and McDuling in the 2nd row helped improve the scrum by a mile. Ready, Korszyck and Schatz were excellent, Gill, Fa'agase and McDuling pretty good up front.

McIntyre played a lot flatter and Samu's carries were just so dominant. Turner obviously made a huge difference to the organisation in attack and D in the first half and Kuridrani looked incisive (still a few bad reads on D though). Genia's service was fast and accurate, he sniped effectively a couple of times and it was clear his option taking and organisation/game control is just so much better than Frisby.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Not to knock him, but weren't they all push over tries?
Weren't push overs but picks off the back close to the line. Considering his issue has been hitting it up in contact I thought it was a positive step. If he can get back to the form he showed last year it's a good thing.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Weren't push overs but picks off the back close to the line. Considering his issue has been hitting it up in contact I thought it was a positive step. If he can get back to the form he showed last year it's a good thing.

good to know, just started watching it now, looking forward to seeing him find his form again

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Reports on fox say that Hunt has completed a session with Bris City and could he a chance to play ? Genia, Cooper, Kerevi, Turner, Kuridrani and now Hunt ? Gee whiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.