• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Ctry v Rams — Thurs 18th Sept — @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hoffman should be sacked for deliberately not calling that knock on before Country's last try. Pure arrogance.

No way a referee should be allowed to get away with that.
I not sure if he acting on instructions Gwerty, but I thought he just decided that he wasn't going to blow his whistle, saw a number of times where players getting up with ball after being tackled and held too. Like I say refs may have been told not to blow whistle if can be helped, but in all 3 games I have attended I have come away feeling like I have almost been watching a game of u10s play where you just let them go for it. I not sure it is good for the comp!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I not sure if he acting on instructions Gwerty, but I thought he just decided that he wasn't going to blow his whistle, saw a number of times where players getting up with ball after being tackled and held too. Like I say refs may have been told not to blow whistle if can be helped, but in all 3 games I have attended I have come away feeling like I have almost been watching a game of u10s play where you just let them go for it. I not sure it is good for the comp!

Haven't made it to any games yet & if last night was anything to go by don't think that'll change any time soon. U10 free for all pretty much sums up what I saw & as for the penalty try that Pfitzy's spewing about, WTF doesn't come close.

I really, really want this comp to work but FFS if the refs are under orders to make the game "more entertaining" by ignoring basic errors & gifting teams 8 points for no obvious reason what's the point?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That was one of the ugliest games of rugby I have seen for ages, 3 million penalties, no continuity, shit set piece

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Motm given to JJT I believe. Was dangerous in attack while he was on the park but didn't really get to see his defensive capabilities which we've heard so much of on these threads. Chisholm also dangerous in attack but his miss on JJT was pretty awful. Understand he also has some defensive problems. What is it with Aus fullbacks? Are the poor tacklers put there in juniors?

Holloway again had a very strong game in a pack that didn't hold its own against the Qld Country pack. Have to say I wasn't impressed with MacKenzie in this game. Thought the Qld wingers had the better games. Rams' replacement halfback looks the goods. Much better than Swanepool imo, and reminded me a lot of Will Genia in his play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

If he was under instruction not to blow a knock on .. wow.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I actually saw JJT make a few tackles from Rams half breaks towards the end, which astounded me to no end.

Not sure I would name JJT as MotM due to a few erros (yellow card, not finding touch from a penalty for instance), but he wasn't as bad as expected. Not Super level though for mine.

The Rams struggled to bring their wingers into the game, but Chilsholm injected himself well and had fast feet. At times I was sure that Country had no interest in tackling him.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I saw him make a tackle too. In fact the entire teams defence has stepped up. What worries me is the lack of attacking structure in the backs. Just like the Reds. Same coach same problem?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Ant? Barely played a minute of Super rugby.
True, I was being a bit cryptic about blaming one person.

The Reds problem this year was defence not attack.
The 2014 Reds scored more points than 2013 Reds,despite winning 1/2 as many games.
The problem was they conceded almost 200 more points than the previous year.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
A.Fainga'a's defence is an attack
It wasn't in super rugby in the limited time he played. But it looks a lot better in the NRC. The thing that's missing is his voice. You barely hear him these days. In 2011 his voice was everywhere.

S

saulih

...calling that knock on before Country's last try. Pure arrogance….

Just finished watching a replay. Cannot find this knock-on? When did it occur?

The only thing I could be referring to is VV's strip of Beau (68:29 game clock). The Hoff was pretty clear on the audio that he saw it as a strip, and VV was the last man to touch meaning the ball went backwards. You hear him articulate this four of five times.

If it was a different knock-on I would like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.