• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Mr Red& Black
You have taken me out of context;
There is a difference between "talking" & "talking it up".
I have consistently said that on paper I pick:
1.Churchie;
2.NC;
3.TSS then BBC
Gsp May 14 2014

Well what do you knowRed Black way back on 14 may I got it right.!

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Dear The King and Monday Expert
You have impressed me all year with your knowledge.
I wonder if I can call on your wisdom to answer the following:
1) which was the better team ACGS 2014 or BSHS 2008 and why?They both dominated the whole comp.
2) they both had a number of massive victories . Who scored the most points ?

Cheers

Dear Mr Yates
I can only help with an opinion on point 1. I don't have access to the records from 2008 so I can't say for sure re points but my gut gives it to BSHS. maybe a SH aligned poster can assist along with a Churchie fan?
On Point 1, that BSHS side with its 8-9 Aust Schools reps including Curtis "the Freak" Browning in an Aust Schools forward pack as a Year 10 Caucasian were a galaxy of stars the likes of which I don't think we'll see again until Churchie buys the entire Aust Schools team at the end of the forthcoming NZ tour and convinces them to repeat in 2015.
All jokes aside, that BSHS team were well coached (and by this this I mean well managed to have so many stars play within a team pattern. Tuapou the captain was a real leader the other boys looked up to) and by the sheer weight of their representative roll call, they have to be said to be 3x as good as the 2014 Churchie XV who "only" had 3 Aust Schools players.
I can not say what numbers of scholarships were in the BSHS team but if the figure was minimal then that would further enhance a claim for the 2008 side to keep bragging rights as the better team.
Both sides were a pleasure to watch, both would have been a terror to have to play and from what I know or have heard from those who do know, and perhaps most importantly, both sides had humility by the bucketload.

Jamo

Bob McCowan (2)
Hard luck igs this year mixed year overall for the school , should go well next year in the firsts as they had so many year 11 players , I hope somebody looks at the following who is connected with rugby at the school , how about a bit of effort in the weekly grammar word , basketball gets a not bad write up but when it comes to rugby , hardly nothing show the boys done respect , anybody who wants to check it out on the igs website , I also heard that the igs u 13a s playing for top position today their game was not on the main field, again a little respect

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
GT v ACGS photo's.
Congrats to Churchie on undefeated premiership.
Terrace given a lesson in running rugby.

P9200978 (Large).JPG

P9200984 (Large).JPG

P9200985 (Large).JPG

P9200988 (Large).JPG

P9200990 (Large).JPG

Terrace kick off first half

P9200991 (Large).JPG

P9200992 (Large).JPG

P9200993 (Large).JPG
P9200996 (Large).JPG

P9201000 (Large).JPG

P9201002 (Large).JPG

P9201003 (Large).JPG

ACGS #9 Harry Nucifora

P9201007 (Large).JPG

P9201009 (Large).JPG

P9201014 (Large).JPG

P9201016 (Large).JPG

winger Quillian Pritchard Malaki

P9201017 (Large).JPG

#15 Kalyn Ponga scored a try and yellow carded today

P9201019 (Large).JPG

P9201026 (Large).JPG

P9201027 (Large).JPG

P9201031 (Large).JPG

Mack Mason my man of the match

P9201035 (Large).JPG

Last time we see Kalyn Ponga. Off to Cowboys next year.
Good luck champion.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Well guys the photos are great but please but I think if I was posting them online like this I would want to make sure I have permission ... Legal mind feild if you don't ... So who were the premiership teams and comments on each age group ...???

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Interested in the pics from the Churchie Vs GT game. The lineout jumper is clearly lifted on the legs where the tape is. I'm not being critical of the school, because I have seen many other photos involving a range of schools with the same vision. Why do the coaches obviously coach it and why don't the referees penalise it if it is against the ARU U19 Variations?

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dear Mr Yates
I can only help with an opinion on point 1. I don't have access to the records from 2008 so I can't say for sure re points but my gut gives it to BSHS. maybe a SH aligned poster can assist along with a Churchie fan?
On Point 1, that BSHS side with its 8-9 Aust Schools reps including Curtis "the Freak" Browning in an Aust Schools forward pack as a Year 10 Caucasian were a galaxy of stars the likes of which I don't think we'll see again until Churchie buys the entire Aust Schools team at the end of the forthcoming NZ tour and convinces them to repeat in 2015.
All jokes aside, that BSHS team were well coached (and by this this I mean well managed to have so many stars play within a team pattern. Tuapou the captain was a real leader the other boys looked up to) and by the sheer weight of their representative roll call, they have to be said to be 3x as good as the 2014 Churchie XV who "only" had 3 Aust Schools players.
I can not say what numbers of scholarships were in the BSHS team but if the figure was minimal then that would further enhance a claim for the 2008 side to keep bragging rights as the better team.
Both sides were a pleasure to watch, both would have been a terror to have to play and from what I know or have heard from those who do know, and perhaps most importantly, both sides had humility by the bucketload.

In relation to Churchie only having 3 Aus players this year what I can tell you is the boys had to choose between rep league or union this year and only play one.
The 10,12,14,15 choose league.

GPS selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Excellent investigating GPS selector, it seems you've solved the mystery!

GSP must be a year 10 troll from BBC who has just discovered the forum. One who remembers the name of the 1954 BBC Rugby captain, as well as the name of his two sons and grandsons, who's been a valuable contributor to this forum for the last 2-3 years.

By the way, congratulations on last years thrashing of the BBC 16Bs! I think you're spot on in predicting an undefeated premiership for the Terrace Seconds, too. Nudgee, Southport, BBC, Churchie, and the rest will undoubtedly be cowering in their boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations king you predicted it!! Terrace 2nds take out the joint premiership

ird rugby

Frank Row (1)
1sts: ACGS 63 GT 7
2nds: GT 8 d ACGS 7

Terrace 2nds equal premiership with NC andTSS

I know it is big set-up to 1st 15 from 2nds, but it has made me think all season, given the 2nds defensive performance, if some of the 2nds should have gone up to the big game. The 1st backline was like Swiss Cheese ever since the IGS game and did not improve, especially after giving away a big lead in the second half to TGS:- adjustments should have been made - comments!

An_Observer

Frank Row (1)
So BBC scored 47 unanswered points in 2nd half ?who ran amok ? Number 15 again?

From memory every child won a prize, both forwards and backs crossing the line in the second half, but I lost count of the number of times BBC outside backs scored in the final 35. I seem to recall from my vantage point that #11 (Chris Veveris?) had plenty of ball and opportunities for what would end up as memorable game for him, crossing for a hat-trick of tries. A number of Collegians wondered out loud why they couldn't have played like this earlier in the season, I too asked myself the same question...........but there's always next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.