• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 9 results

Open 1sts - BGS 15 – TSS 50, GT 7 – ACGS 63, IGS 8 – BBC 64, TGS 14 – NC 33.
Open 2nds - BGS 12 – TSS 47, GT 8 – ACGS 7, IGS 27 – BBC 12, TGS 5 – NC 10.
U16A - BGS 14 – TSS 45, GT 6 – ACGS 7, IGS 0 – BBC 28, TGS 17 – NC 17.
U15A - BGS 24 – TSS 34, GT 10 – ACGS 13, IGS 14 – BBC 30, TGS 15 – NC 12.
U14A - BGS 14 – TSS 38, GT 45 – ACGS 12, IGS 20 – BBC 19, TGS 0 – NC 59.
U13A - BGS 0 – TSS 39, GT 22 – ACGS 12, IGS 5 – BBC 34, TGS 10 – NC 19.
U12B - BGS 10 – TSS 33, GT 10 – ACGS 50.
U11A - BGS 14 - TSS 29, GT 10 – ACGS 26, IGS 12 – BBC 73, TGS 5 – NC 55.
U10A - GT 12 – ACGS 33.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Interested in the pics from the Churchie Vs GT game. The lineout jumper is clearly lifted on the legs where the tape is. I'm not being critical of the school, because I have seen many other photos involving a range of schools with the same vision. Why do the coaches obviously coach it and why don't the referees penalise it if it is against the ARU U19 Variations?

Lifting on the legs - the reason coaches coach it and referees allow it is because its allowed under the Laws.
This year lifting in the lineouts was brought into line with senior Laws for U16 -19.
If people actually knew the Laws there may be less criticism of referees. Unlikely but.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Well guys the photos are great but please but I think if I was posting them online like this I would want to make sure I have permission . Legal mind feild if you don't . So who were the premiership teams and comments on each age group .???

These are my photo's , so no issues

Wesley

Frank Row (1)
I knew they were doing well, I had no idea they won. What was the rest of the ladder like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Equal 1st: NC, TSS, GT (7 wins each)
4th: TGS (5 wins)
5th: ACGS (4 wins)
6th: IGS (3 wins)
7th: BGS (2 wins)
Equal 8th: BBC, BSHS (a draw with each other - how appropriate)

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
These are my photo's , so no issues
Same here, as per ownership of images.
Unless he is referring to posting photos of under-18s on a web-site.

But as the law stands in Australia, "Aside from commercial use or Voyeurism issues, consent for photography is not required in this country. It is purely a question of etiquette and taste."

There are no special exemptions for children. Private property complicates things a little more, but unless the property owner explicitly says "no photos", there should be no problem.

Source: http://4020.net/words/photorights.php

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
How
Same here, as per ownership of images.
Unless he is referring to posting photos of under-18s on a web-site.

But as the law stands in Australia, "Aside from commercial use or Voyeurism issues, consent for photography is not required in this country. It is purely a question of etiquette and taste."

There are no special exemptions for children. Private property complicates things a little more, but unless the property owner explicitly says "no photos", there should be no problem.

Source: http://4020.net/words/photorights.php
I agree with all of the above but how do you know that players haven't got image restrictions in place with their schools... As I stated legal mind field ... Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the pictures but just making you aware ... That's all.

Headgear

Bob McCowan (2)
Hard luck igs this year mixed year overall for the school , should go well next year in the firsts as they had so many year 11 players , I hope somebody looks at the following who is connected with rugby at the school , how about a bit of effort in the weekly grammar word , basketball gets a not bad write up but when it comes to rugby , hardly nothing show the boys done respect , anybody who wants to check it out on the igs website , I also heard that the igs u 13a s playing for top position today their game was not on the main field, again a little respect
IGS U12A's playing for undefeated season and premiership won 73 / nil on field 1 today. IGS rugby management made a decision, and it's unfortunate that the U13's couldn't play on that field also.

rugbyhead01

Stan Wickham (3)
Dear Mr Yates
I can only help with an opinion on point 1. I don't have access to the records from 2008 so I can't say for sure re points but my gut gives it to BSHS. maybe a SH aligned poster can assist along with a Churchie fan?
On Point 1, that BSHS side with its 8-9 Aust Schools reps including Curtis "the Freak" Browning in an Aust Schools forward pack as a Year 10 Caucasian were a galaxy of stars the likes of which I don't think we'll see again until Churchie buys the entire Aust Schools team at the end of the forthcoming NZ tour and convinces them to repeat in 2015.
All jokes aside, that BSHS team were well coached (and by this this I mean well managed to have so many stars play within a team pattern. Tuapou the captain was a real leader the other boys looked up to) and by the sheer weight of their representative roll call, they have to be said to be 3x as good as the 2014 Churchie XV who "only" had 3 Aust Schools players.
I can not say what numbers of scholarships were in the BSHS team but if the figure was minimal then that would further enhance a claim for the 2008 side to keep bragging rights as the better team.
Both sides were a pleasure to watch, both would have been a terror to have to play and from what I know or have heard from those who do know, and perhaps most importantly, both sides had humility by the bucketload.
BSHS had MANY on scholarship in 2008. And we have to remember there were a few boys who didn't try out for Aust schoolboys in churchie who most likely would have been strong contenders.

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
IGS U12A's playing for undefeated season and premiership won 73 / nil on field 1 today. IGS rugby management made a decision, and it's unfortunate that the U13's couldn't play on that field also.

Under 13a playing for undefeated season and premiership as well. Both games should have been played on main field, no other decision needed to be made. It all comes down to respect.

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just putting it out there what's peoples thoughts on having Qld best schoolboy team play NSW????How would Churchie rate against NSW best??

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Just putting it out there what's peoples thoughts on having Qld best schoolboy team play NSW????How would Churchie rate against NSW best??

Didn't Shore beat TSS 44-0 in a trial this year??

I realise different circumstances and all but must give some indication of the relevant strength of the Shore 15

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
How I agree with all of the above but how do you know that players haven't got image restrictions in place with their schools. As I stated legal mind field . Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the pictures but just making you aware . That's all.

Hmm. Are you saying the schools own the image copyright for their players ? How about my son in 14Ds ? Do they own his image too ?

Try this link - http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/street-photographers-rights/

"There are no publicity or personality rights in Australia, and there is no right to privacy that protects a person's image."

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Fantastic idea.
The GPS system should do this in all sports at the beginning of the next term.Rugby, Basketball, Rowing Football and cricket to name a few.
I believe it would be great for chess and debating also for the pride of the states .
How hard would this be to organise?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Didn't Shore beat TSS 44-0 in a trial this year??

I realise different circumstances and all but must give some indication of the relevant strength of the Shore 15

It was Scots, who had just returned from a rugby tour of South Africa, whereas TSS were playing their first trial game. Scots went on to win the NSW GPS, and beat Newington 101-0 on the way. So difficult to compare, but Churchie beat TSS 42 - 26

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
From memory every child won a prize, both forwards and backs crossing the line in the second half, but I lost count of the number of times BBC outside backs scored in the final 35. I seem to recall from my vantage point that #11 (Chris Veveris?) had plenty of ball and opportunities for what would end up as memorable game for him, crossing for a hat-trick of tries. A number of Collegians wondered out loud why they couldn't have played like this earlier in the season, I too asked myself the same question.....but there's always next year.
It was 15 and 14 who went over 3 times each not Verervis.
Great to see BBC playing the entire field and working as a team.
A great show of Rugby was put on and can I say the 5 for IG who I believe is in the Australian team struggled walking(both knees strapped) and did come off the field early in the 2nd half.
I hope he is OK and good luck to the Australian School Boys.

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fantastic idea.
The GPS system should do this in all sports at the beginning of the next term.Rugby, Basketball, Rowing Football and cricket to name a few.
I believe it would be great for chess and debating also for the pride of the states .
How hard would this be to organise?

Im an ideas man.....
Wouldn't be that hard to organise,seriously its 1 game of football.They do it in RL schoolboy comp.
Ive seen highlights of The Scots this year on YouTube and to be honest I wasn't thinking wow look at this team.
Just my opinion but in NSW the RL schoolboy comp is a far more sort after comp to play in due to schools being heavily connected to NRL clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.