• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Wellington have been pretty ordinary haven't they. What is going on there? Is it coaching or cattle or a combination?

Is this a flow on from a rather ordinary 2014 Hurricanes performance?

Mate, wait for 2015, you ain't seen nothing yet. Boyd won't be savior Wellington's hoping for. Plumtree on the otherhand..........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hawkes Bay defending the Shield today v BOP. Last 2 games have been tight, BOP 24-20 last year, HB 42-41 in 2012. Given BOP's season thus far you'd think the Shield is fairly safe but weirder things have happened.

Good chance for my 'nua to secure 2nd place in the Heartland v Wairarapa Bush who aren't having a great year with the other 2 outfits currently tied for 2nd (S Canty & Pov Bay) playing each other.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Will be keeping eye on the Mighty Nua's result today Waiopehu. The Canterbury game was bloody enjoyable last night, haven't read write ups, but watched it and thought it one of those games where the Counties boys started to get belief in themselves and just tore into everything, more than Canterbury being bad. I liked the look of Stanley that came on at 1st 5 for Counties, really upped the tempo of the whole game!!
Shield game will be watched to, as you say the shield does funny things to teams sometimes!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Will be keeping eye on the Mighty Nua's result today Waiopehu. The Canterbury game was bloody enjoyable last night, haven't read write ups, but watched it and thought it one of those games where the Counties boys started to get belief in themselves and just tore into everything, more than Canterbury being bad. I liked the look of Stanley that came on at 1st 5 for Counties, really upped the tempo of the whole game!!
Shield game will be watched to, as you say the shield does funny things to teams sometimes!

Nua 12-9, SCanty 32-28 & must've bagged a BP as they're now 2nd on 20 & we 3rd on 19. Looking good for a spot in the Meads Cup rather than our recent Lochore or bottom 4 finishes.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10524322/Horowhenua-Kapiti-confound-the-critics

Managed to sneak a peek at Shield highlights at work, HB 36-17 & West dominating proceedings.

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10524262/West-shines-as-Magpies-win-battle-of-Bays

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WTF is going on in Palmy North?

image.jpg

It's Election Day in NZ but a tank at the footy?

Anyhoo, HT & Manawutu 24-13 v Southland.

EDIT: FT 41-20 & Manawatu go top of the Championship albeit that Hawkes Bay have a game in hand.

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10525165/Manawatu-take-the-spoils-against-Southland

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good 80 metre meat pie scored by Peter Samu for the Tasman Makos vs Wellington Lions.

Wellington and Waikato looked pedestrian.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wellington certainly look mentally stuffed don't they Waiopehu. I can't recall seeing such poor work ethics from a team at this level of rugby in NZ. They seem to have no belief or even more importantly desire to win.
Still all in all I watched plenty of good games over weekend, as I felt I needed a quiet weekend,I basically sat in front of tv in back patio wnd watched evry game of ITM, along with a replay of AB/Bok test, I now ready for weeks work!!!
After watching all those games I will say one thing I noticed we got a few decent 10s running around, some 9s with bloody quick passes and all in all a few good young uns!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wellington certainly look mentally stuffed don't they Waiopehu. I can't recall seeing such poor work ethics from a team at this level of rugby in NZ. They seem to have no belief or even more importantly desire to win.
Still all in all I watched plenty of good games over weekend, as I felt I needed a quiet weekend,I basically sat in front of tv in back patio wnd watched evry game of ITM, along with a replay of AB/Bok test, I now ready for weeks work!!!
After watching all those games I will say one thing I noticed we got a few decent 10s running around, some 9s with bloody quick passes and all in all a few good young uns!

Sounds like the perfect weekend!

Gotta wonder where Wellington's next win is coming from, don't fancy their chances v Taranaki or HBay & you'd have to think that NHarbour & Counties would both back themselves to knock them over. All piss-taking aside, it's sad to see them in the state they're in. Coupla DomPost stories sum it all up:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10527414/Even-Boyd-wonders-if-Lions-have-a-win-in-them

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10527430/Vitos-return-the-only-good-news-for-Lions

And, yes, there are a number of good young guys coming through but I'm also loving watching the older guys, point in case Mr Cowan going toe to toe with all comers & giving them plenty of verbal.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
[Insert deity here] help whoever has to play the Canterbury side, stinging after a dismal loss to the cellar-dwellers NH. They better hope it aint at AMI either.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's Southland at a Sunday afternoon fixture in ChCh. Why is that important you say? Well on the 29th September 2012 (a Sunday no less too) Canterbury beat Southland 84-0.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair Cantabs looked fairly ordinary v Counties as well, they've had to use way more players this year than they'd have wanted to - something like 10 guys have debuted & obviously that doesn't help with combinations. On t'other hand they haven't imploded like the Wellys & have time to get things back on track. Starting on Sunday, I hope! Don't think 84-0 is realistic, I'd settle for just a win.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Doesn't help with Crotty shovelling it sideways with one foot on the plane.
Southlands only chance is sending a few dodgy bluff oysters up to the red and blacks pre match dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.