• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Law Variations - have your say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Which team are you supporting, out of interest?

I originally decided QLD Country but as I haven't been able to get to any of their games, my support is leaning toward Brisbane City as I've been to two of their games. But both really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I see your point - one thing that this comp might do is affect goal kickers another way in which we haven't considered: distance.

Accuracy is still bloody important, but its rare that we're going to see the attempt from 50 to win or seal the game by winding down the clock, because you only get 30 seconds to do it anyway and always have the option of a lineout after the bell (which carries its own risks of course).

Perhaps the decision should have been made to leave Penalties and DGs at three points?

Anyway, I'm enjoying a brand of rugby that promotes more skills-based work in training and higher fitness levels. The rest can come after that.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll also add that at the beginning, most folk that were supportive of the changes, held that position with the view that they would 'reduce' the amount of penalties.
I don't have any stats on me but any idea how many penalty goals have been attempted so far?
My view is that if the brief was to reduce penalties then they have gone too far.

There's been a huge reduction in the amount of penalty goals attempted under the new points system. Up to and including the Rising vs Spirit game there had been 9 penalty goal attempts in the entire competition after 13 games.

To me that is fantastic. There's been no significant increase in cynical play. Just more rugby. And yellow cards have been used when needed.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'll also add that at the beginning, most folk that were supportive of the changes, held that position with the view that they would 'reduce' the amount of penalties.
I don't have any stats on me but any idea how many penalty goals have been attempted so far?
My view is that if the brief was to reduce penalties then they have gone too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think people thought the number of penalties would be reduced, and probably they haven't. It was the prospect of a reduction in the number of penalty kicks at goal that had a lot of us agreeing with the changes. In any case, if either have been reduced, and certainly the shots at goal have been significantly, imo that is for the betterment of the game. I unashamedly think the team that scores the most tries should win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.