• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks vs Wallabies @ Newlands 27/9/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Hanson throws at least one fucked line out a game. He needs to work on removing that.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
TWAS I can forgive 1 but sometimes its more than that.

He has had such a wonderful opportunity (with the injuries to others) to become number 1 in the next 2 or so years but I think he has fallen a little short. Moore and TPN probably have a couple of more years at the top of the tree in Aussie then the spot is wide open.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm not even going to forgive one. A throw that's less than his best that is picked off, or missed through mis-communication happens. A throw to groin height of the 2 jumper is just shit execution that shouldn't be tolerated in a professional.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why have we been tolerating TPN for 8 years now?

Simply because TPN's suicidal tackling tendancies made him look spectacular, irrespective of quite a few shitty throws.

Ever since the new concussion laws were introduced it is interesting that Taf rarely goes down NOW, whereas it was a few times a game, prior to those laws being introduced.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Is too early for the tah fanboys to get their "TPN has fixed his throwing" posts in for next season yet? Might as well get them out of the way.....

Reactions: Tip

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Mate he fixed it years ago. The 'TPN can't throw' argument is like the 'Phipps can't pass' one. Some people formed their opinion in 2009 and haven't altered it, despite considerable evidence against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

TPN's bad throwing still wasn't as bad. It was a bit wobbly and was a risk of not-straight throws but the execution was never the level of Chibba's one bad throw per game.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Mate he fixed it years ago. The 'TPN can't throw' argument is like the 'Phipps can't pass' one. Some people formed their opinion in 2009 and haven't altered it, despite considerable evidence against it.

If Phipps can't pass I'd hate to hear what they say about Burgess.

T

Tip

Re: TPN. Since we waited ~7 years for TPN to fix aspects of his game, I daresay Hanson has 4 years left to fix his wobbly throws.

Nobody is arguing that Phipps can't pass. It's just he's spent so much time around Sydney that his passing resembles the Harbor Bridge.

T

Train Without a Station

Re: TPN. Since we waited ~7 years for TPN to fix aspects of his game, I daresay Hanson has 4 years left to fix his wobbly throws.

That ignores the fact that TPN is our best scrummaging hooker and offers a great deal around the ground.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)

Right on cue.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)

TPN has played 27 tests in the years 2010 to present. So I know your definition of "fixed", how many tests with more than one howler throw (i'm gonna give him one per test to keep it interesting) is he permitted to have whilst still constituting "fixed"?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Well he had 9 'not straight' throws in Super Rugby in 2014, after playing 1189 minutes. That's an average of 1 'howler' every 132 minutes of rugby.

I think that's a pretty decent record.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Is too early for the tah fanboys to get their "TPN has fixed his throwing" posts in for next season yet? Might as well get them out of the way...

You're one of those "Quade can't tackle" and "Phipps Can't pass" kind of people, aren't you?

In fact, while we're at it, Rob Horne shouldn't be in the team because he only runs straight and can't pass, and pat McCabe is a hopeless inside centre.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Well he had 9 'not straight' throws in Super Rugby in 2014, after playing 1189 minutes. That's an average of 1 'howler' every 132 minutes of rugby.

I think that's a pretty decent record.

Who gives a shit about Super Rugby?

He's also quite capable of throwing the ball straight but short or long. Just because the ball went straight doesn't mean it up to the requisite standard.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I've asked a simple question about what you consider acceptable at test level and you've chosen not to answer it. I don't care if he has a perfect record playing Super Rugby. Or if he has a perfect record in the NRC, playing Shute Shield or in the backyard, for that matter. If he has a material number of errors for the Wallabies I'd consider that more important. This thread is about the Wallabies, as it happens.He has played 50 tests FFS, it's not like one can't draw valid inferences from samples of that size.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Oh yeah that's right, I'm ducking and weaving with my use of stats, hey.

It was a stupid question, that's why I didn't answer it. No howlers are 'acceptable', just like no knock-ons are 'acceptable'. Of course these guys are going to make mistakes every once in a while, that's rugby.

TPN's throwing has been fine for years now, at all levels of footy. The Super Rugby stats are totally valid, it isn't like your throwing is affected by the level of rugby you are playing.

I'd like to see some stats to back up your opinion, but I feel I may be waiting a while to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.