• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Are we able to get a table update, who would be winning the comp at this stage?

If I calculate the W/L/D for the 16A comp correctly Scots win over New yesterday means that if Joey's beat New next week and Kings also wins against View next week then both Kings and Joeys will be co-winners. If New beat Joy's then it will be New Ist, Kings 2nd, and Joeys 3rd for 2014.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
If I calculate the W/L/D for the 16A comp correctly Scots win over New yesterday means that if Joey's beat New next week and Kings also wins against View next week then both Kings and Joeys will be co-winners. If New beat Joy's then it will be New Ist, Kings 2nd, and Joeys 3rd for 2014.

Im pretty sure riverview are playing scots as it is the big game for the 1stXV, i think the fixtures on GPS fixtures are wrong

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How many 16 yr old players are in firsts across the Comp?
Do you mean 16 year old's or Under 16 qualified players?

Under 16 players could spend the entire rugby season as 15 year olds if their birthday is in October - December 31.
Alternately they could be born in January and be closer to 17 years old at the end of the rugby season than they are to 16.

That being said many 16 year old players were 16 on 1 January and therefore considered Open grade players and unable to play U16s.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Kings 16a's take out their last game of the season 35-0 against Shore... But with New beating Joeys 19-12 this years title goes to New with Kings second and Joeys 3rd...

Michael Clyde

Frank Row (1)
Great win by the Riverview 16a's today, a 12-5 win over Scots, massive upset and well deserved. Very tough conditions. Great games by #15 and #12 from view.

Bill Williams

Frank Row (1)
The season is now over for the 16's, were there many standout players that you could see playing a key role in there teams next year?
I did see one of the Newington vs Scots game
Harry Tod (scots) and Tyrone Taukamo (New) were great, are there any more?

RUGBYGIRL11

Peter Burge (5)
Both Tyrone and Nathan Lawson from New made the NSW U15 team this year
They are in year 10 but a year young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
The season is now over for the 16's, were there many standout players that you could see playing a key role in there teams next year?

BW, think this has been sort of answered in various 2015 first XV predictions on this thread and the 2015 GPS thread. The 16a's was a talented cohort with some quality players across the various schools....i expect we will see a good representation from this years 16's cohort in next years first XV squads.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)

Riverview had four stand outs who could be considered for 1's/2's next year:
Conor Fahey #15, Ollie Smeallie #13, Chris Scott #7/12, Logan Wilson #4/8

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview had four stand outs who could be considered for 1's/2's next year:
Conor Fahey #15, Ollie Smeallie #13, Chris Scott #7/12, Logan Wilson #4/8
Scott killed shore playing 12 . I heard he did well in that position against Scots .But is a better 7 and View best backs in 16 s played opens this year .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think that the trials for AAGPS U16 Rep Team (Also known as Presidents XV A and Presidents XV B) will be held on Sunday 16 June.

Any idea of the location for the trial, or frontrunners for selection?

Two squads of 23 to be chosen, which must include 4 complete front rows and 6 locks.

Keep the Presidents XV Under 16 Rep Selection and AAGPS 16A Competition banter on this thread.

Once the Presidents XV team has been announced, then discussion on that should go here (as appropriate):

a. Biased selections and incompetent selectors:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...ics-and-bias-gold-squads-unfairness-etc.8261/
b. Team preparation, prospects and results at the NSW All Schools U16 Championships:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/nsw-schools-under-16-championships-2015.15541/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From AAGPS web site

PRESIDENT XVs 2015 Coaches
Coaches Presidents XV A: Alex Smith & Hugo Johnston – TAS
Coaches Presidents XV B: Kieran Wallace & Benjamin Ronald – Shore School
Manager: Andy Connor – Riverview

PRESIDENT XVs 2015 Schedule
Sunday 14th June Trials – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. @ Newington College
Teams selected and announced.

Monday 15th June Training 3.30 p.m. Shore School