• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country Eagles v Melbourne Rising, NRC round 5, Orange Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
crowd felt good, easily a thousand there if not more. How do you estimate crowds anyway?

was a pretty scrappy game in all honesty. I felt, and everyone around me certainly expressed, dismay at the number of scrums (or perhaps the endless resets).

Certainly a very small 'survey' (those within earshot) but yes, dissatisfaction at that amongst the ranks.

The good news is the missus loved it live. She has become a rugby convert. (meaning from absolutely zero interest to a hunger, rather than a code swap or anything similar).

No more squabbles over the remote in this household when rugby is on :D

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
according to the roar the crowd was 2000.

Re the above, I, for example, had no idea this 'event' was on. Next year/time I now know I can grab a bite to eat before the game, ie worth turning up half an hour earlier or something like that.

Nice initiative.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Like you, tj, I had no idea "Grazing at the Rugby" was on either, that's until I walked through the gate and spotted all the booths. There were about five wineries scattered among the food stalls and ONE FROM THE LOCAL BREWERY, Badlands, plus a (not-too-loud) band and proper coffee. AND they were all there after the game. I've just had a squiz at the Eagles website and there's nothing there about the Grazing do. Maybe it was in the local paper.

If anyone from the Eagles reads this please tell us where we should be looking to find out about these events.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can anybody tell me who won out of AusBahs and NSW Country Development? And if theres any team lists? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.