• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If ticket sales are struggling for Bledisloe 3, having Quade and Karmichael go around in the curtain raiser for Brisbane City might help get a few more through the gates.

Especially if it's Hunt's debut.

But I don't think the idea of spending $200 for a Category A ticket to watch a dead rubber is going to appeal to the masses regardless.

B

Bobby Sands

A couple of weeks of training, and the Reds will have no option but to give K a run in the NRC.. I read that he was marshaling the defense in his first session. He will be the best player in either of our sides before the end of the tournament. Hope he plays for country.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mr Quade Cooper has been cleared to play this weekend. Just need Stiles to pick him according to Reds Facebook page.

Good news for Bris City. He might go ok at this level.

B

Bobby Sands

Of all the players from the Reds squad getting significant gametime, I think the one that I am most excited about is Dave McDuling. Not because he has been lighting the place up, but just the fact that he is playing consistent footy. Dave is potentially a very important player for us moving forward, and at his age - he could start making massive impacts from the bench as the lock / six. Blokes like Kerevi, Kurindrani, Hunt are also very exciting too.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
One thing that has come to mind with Brisbane City is that they haven't yet put together the same starting 15 or 23 in the first four weeks. It shows that Stiles is still working on combinations.

T

Tigers Tale

I saw enough of Bne City with Quade at the helm to suggest that if he plays all of the remaining games that BCITY will win the NRC.

Great day at Ballymore yesterday.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Im still yet to be impressed by the second rowers going around. McDuling hasn't exactly thrilled me, I expected more from a bloke whos been retained by the Reds for three years with minimal game time, thought he'd have something to show. I guess it goes to show there isn't a whole lot around though. Kotze will probably get talked up a bit after his try on the weekend but I think he's still fairly hit and miss also.

T

Tigers Tale

Putting my Reds hat on rather than my Tigers hat - Enever is the one that you should be following BigDog when it come to lock talent in the system.

Yesterday was his first hit out in 3 months so lets hope he puts some good performances out there for QC (Quade Cooper) before the end of the NRC.

T

Tigers Tale

With Bne City looking more likely to feature in the finals of the NRC does this mean that they might be more likely to give Karmichael Hunt some game time over the last 3 rounds?

He'd look pretty good at the back of the Bne backline.

Turner will also benefit from the return of Quade.

Despite Rising's dominance of the competition having Quade, Turner & Browning gives Bne more grunt than when they met last and the addition of Hunt would give them a real X factor and they could be a real chance to reverse the tables when next they meet the Rising.

T

Train Without a Station

Surely City would have been much stronger against the Rising with Browning, Turner, Quade and Hunt all playing.

T

TOCC

Brisbane City vs Vikings curtain raiser for the Bledisloe Cup will now be televised on Foxtel as well, so should be able to catch Brisbane City 2 weeks in a row on Foxtel, possible 3 or 4 if they make the finals.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No Genia again for the Wallabies this weekend so you'd expect Bris City to field a pretty shit hot halves combo next Thursday night.

And maybe also in the 3rd Bledisloe curtain raiser.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unfortunately, if Beale is out (looking likely sadly) Cooper may get called up to the Wallabies squad for the Bledisloe.

T

Tigers Tale

Wow I don't think anyone saw that huge loss to the Rams coming, but the Vikings & Rays draw makes it a bit easier to handle - they will want to win their last two v Rays & Vikings to sure up a home semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.