• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

good evening, Sir
you ask a pertinent and piercing question
but, alas, i am a forward, a real rugby player

i have no need for other than a cake of soap to wash my hair, spilled boozze to deodorize my body and an onion and rum or two to get my mouth right for the fray.
that is when i am preparing for a game of rugby.
for other games? hhhmmmmmmmm

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm intrigued by reports that the Wallabies travel time from Jo'burg to BA was 24 hours. What route did they take - it should be about 10-11 hours?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
noted.
it's been surprising.
Nonu hasn't dropped the bosh from his game, though.
when the AIGs want the ball over the gain line and momentum rolling forward they don't give it to Beau or Aaron for some stepping, do they?
then, Ma'a is the man.

Not really this season. We've seen more go forward from Conrad, Crotty, Fekitoa than from Nonu. He hasn't been the 'bail out option', he's predominantly played distributor and kicker. Fekitoa, a very different player to Nonu has provided more direct ball running. Crotty has provided more bosh and uses his very good draw and pass game to create space.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not really this season. We've seen more go forward from Conrad, Crotty, Fekitoa than from Nonu. He hasn't been the 'bail out option', he's predominantly played distributor and kicker. Fekitoa, a very different player to Nonu has provided more direct ball running. Crotty has provided more bosh and uses his very good draw and pass game to create space.

thanks.
my point is reinforced.
the AIGs have formidable boshing power in the centres' channels.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
To'omua is realistically the best 'bosher' 12 we have. Hits as hard as anyone in the backs on D and a formidable runner. Where we differ from the ABs is having Folau at the back who can come in and play that role. The ABs would never consider using Dagg or Smith in that role. I get what your saying, its just not that simple.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I'm intrigued by reports that the Wallabies travel time from Jo'burg to BA was 24 hours. What route did they take - it should be about 10-11 hours?

There's no South Africa - Argentina direct flight

The side left Cape Town at 6am after their 28-10 loss to the Springboks on Saturday night and flew to Johannesburg for a connecting 10-hour flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and a final three-hour leg to Buenos Aires.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
To'omua is realistically the best 'bosher' 12 we have. Hits as hard as anyone in the backs on D and a formidable runner. Where we differ from the ABs is having Folau at the back who can come in and play that role. The ABs would never consider using Dagg or Smith in that role. I get what your saying, its just not that simple.

yes to all of that; it's not that simple, as i keep pointing out.
somehow, we have to get real muscle into the centres' channels in attack and defence.
there are different ways of doing that and the best coaches will be the most successful.

the days of the "traditional" backline structure and roles are well and truly gone.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Agree.

The ABs use Savea in that direct running in traffic role.

I also think the midfield is not the issue Australian fans should be overly concerned with.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
thanks.
my point is reinforced.
the AIGs have formidable boshing power in the centres' channels.

You mentioned Nonu in your point so not really. But yes the ABs do have plenty of direct running in the midfield when those other 3 are playing. Not so much when Nonu has played this season.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm going to go on a rant right now.. I'm so guttered Speight injuried, It probably not the case but I wanna to see how a team kicks to Izzy and Speight and defends it.. I've heard there got permission for his family there for the all blacks in Brisbane.. Brumbies have had a go to plan for the last few years.. It involves giving Speight the ball and letting him go..

He will make a difference

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He certainly will. I can't wait for Henry to be available because I have a feeling he is going to create some mayhem out there for opposition defences. Runs hard, straight, can fend and pass. Look out.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He certainly will. I can't wait for Henry to be available because I have a feeling he is going to create some mayhem out there for opposition defences. Runs hard, straight, can fend and pass. Look out.
Let's not forget his a good defender, safe under the high ball and tough over the ball.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I think your kidding Cooper Cronk would have been a great wallaby
Undoubtedly, they both have very similar skillset - with Cronk obviously more advanced and developed with added tricks -
I agree but Beale is not answer, He has been tested to break the game open twice and failed miserably. Now he's failing from the bench. I agree with all the rest but we simply don't have the cattle, we need to work with what we got and currently Foley is miles ahead of Beale. I'm quietly confident when Cooper comes back he will get things firing.
Jus curiously, exactly what makes Foley much better than Beale, given Serfortaine made him into a speedbump and the issue with 'scoring points'. p.s. not a fan of either, but think Beale offers much more although To'omua would be the better option for fly before QC (Quade Cooper) returns.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

I am looking forward to big Henry as well.

Really sounds it will be like the "Second Coming" of JC Number 2

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
So, James Horwill and Higgers in and possibly KB (Kurtley Beale) at 12 if Matty To'omua doesn't recover?
It's a good game to see how all 3 would go starting.

Scrum will be under more pressure this week.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know when the team is named?

I can't imagine it being named until very late in the piece. Friday sometime our time perhaps?

Argies have been named:

Argentina: Marcos Ayerza, Agustin Creevy (c), Nahuel Tetaz, Mariano Galarza, Tomas Lavanini, Rodrigo Baez, Benjamin Macome, Leonardo Senatore, Martin Landajo, Nicolas Sanchez, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, Juan martin Hernandez, Horacio Agulla, Juan Imhoff, Joaquin Tuculet. Reserves: Matias Cortese, Bruno Postiglioni, Ramiro Herrera, Matias Alemanno, Javier Ortega Desio, Tomas Cubelli, Marcelo Bosch, Jeronimo De la Fuente.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
in fact checking the press schedule it will be announced 1am Thursday the 2nd, Argie time.

Status
Not open for further replies.