• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Canterbury Lambs are starting a new bloke from the Southbridge club at #10 today.

Looks like he may be quite good but he hasn't played ITM cup for 5 years.

Commentators seem to think he may be destined for higher level footy.

Cantabs 13-10 at HT & Carter won't be back for the 2nd 40, was only ever gonna play the 1st. Conversion & a coupla PG's.

BTW if you think "Lambs" is taking the piss you've obviously not seen Black Sheep. Doubt you'll find it at the video shop but bound to be online somewhere or other.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
PT Cantabs, possibly a little harsh. 26-18 into the last 1/4.

Stags may have struck straight back, they're checking the grounding. Gotta give that & they do, 26-25 coming up. Cantabs need to fire up pronto.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sopaga tries for the lazy 3 but it's wide. At least they're at the right end of the park, though. Cantabs looking pretty aimless.

Fuck, penalty right in front & 35 out, can't see Spoaga missing this. He doesn't, 28-26 & less than a minute to go.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There is nothing there is there Gwerty? I didn't think I would see a winger that makes Jason Woodward look good ,but Ambroes Curtis is playing like someone who has no idea of what he is supposed to do, and when he gets an idea he seems to not have the ability to do it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wellington looked like headless chooks, especially when they were down to 14 players due to the yellow card for the nasty shoulder charge from their lock.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just seen the video highlights & Fifita's was lucky to only get yellow. No way he should be available for Sundays flogging from Taranaki.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the commentators said that the Hawkes Bay bloke broke his collar bone from the shoulder charge. 10 minutes in the sin bin for ending the season of his opponent doesn't really seem fair.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would hope the injury isn't relevant to his judicial proceedings however. It was a yellow for mine and possibly 1 week suspension, very unfortunate for Evans.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If (and a big if, because he has already been penalised by the referee), he is cited, in terms of standardised guidance for Illegal and/or Foul Play and Misconduct, IRB Regulation 17 applies, and is used by nearly all judiciaries to assist to determine sanctions for citings.

Judiciary Entry Point Based on Scale of Seriousness of the Player’s conduct, which constitutes the offending.

Law No 10.4(e) Dangerous tackling of an Opponent including early or late and including the action known as the “stiff arm tackle”
Lower End 2 weeks, Mid Range 6 weeks, Top End 10+ weeks, Maximum Sanction 52 weeks

All sorts of things come out at judiciary, and if found guilty, the judiciary take past conduct, intent, remorse, etc into consideration before finalising any sanction.

Regardless if this doesn't go to judiciary, I'd reckon that the Wellington Coach would not be happy with the lad, and he'd most likely find himself riding the pine or even dropped from the 23 for a couple of weeks. The Bay put 21 points on Wellington while Fifita was on the naughty boys chair.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the event that Hawkes Bay get a home final for the ITM Championship, will the Ranfurly Shield be on the line in that game, or do they hold the shield until next season's challenges?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
In the event that Hawkes Bay get a home final for the ITM Championship, will the Ranfurly Shield be on the line in that game, or do they hold the shield until next season's challenges?

Regular season only. I've always thought the idea of defending in finals would be an interesting one though, imagine a team winning the comp and the Shield in one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.