• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Holmsie out - fuck
he's an 80 minute player and not too much behind him

Similar situation with the halfbacks, City are currently stacked and Country are short.

City have quite a few decent props and have to leave one of either Kite, Talaki or Fagaase out of their side each week, any of those guys would be great for Country.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Similar situation with the halfbacks, City are currently stacked and Country are short.

City have quite a few decent props and have to leave one of either Kite, Talaki or Fagaase out of their side each week, any of those guys would be great for Country.

Mate understand that and that the City side was a little stacked by the QRU - no real problem with that.

I was really talking about ANY depth of props for the Reds in 2015. We only had 2 top performers being Slipper and Holmes. There is nothing behind them. Now 1 is gone, it leaves a huge gap in the ranks

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was really talking about ANY depth of props for the Reds in 2015. We only had 2 top performers being Slipper and Holmes. There is nothing behind them. Now 1 is gone, it leaves a huge gap in the ranks

Hopefully the Reds are able to identify who the best backup will be through the NRC though. Prior to this year it would have been a gamble on who had the best Premier Rugby season but at least they're seeing the top 3 or 4 blokes going up against other S15 standard front rows. I'm sure an able replacement will be selected to fill the gap.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully the Reds are able to identify who the best backup will be through the NRC though. Prior to this year it would have been a gamble on who had the best Premier Rugby season but at least they're seeing the top 3 or 4 blokes going up against other S15 standard front rows. I'm sure an able replacement will be selected to fill the gap.

Mate, you are the eternal optimist !!! Personally I just don't think we have the available "cattle"

PS Can you give me the winning Gold Lotto numbers for this week ???? Don't tell the rest of these blokes here.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was keen to see both those guys run around, especially as Lolo has been signed by the Reds.

Is Jack Payne be big enough to be a lock at Suprer Rugby level? I understand he went OK in the U20 world cup.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Jack's a big lad and he's still growing. If he's not there yet, I'm sure he will eventually. His biggest asset is probably his engine though. Massive motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Country scrum performed terribly last week, admittedly without Greg Holmes. I ended up feeling sorry for the 8 poor buggers, and that feeling started after the first scrum. The City boys just belted them and then belted them again and again.

The scrummie coach needs to be fucked off.

T

TOCC

Sure, it was the scrum coaches fault, had nothing to do with the players he was working with.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sure, it was the scrum coaches fault, had nothing to do with the players he was working with.

as always, it is a two way street. In respect of performance, coaches cop the flack, just as players do.

Shit, the list is endless re coaches getting the flick. Shit job, unless you coach the friggin AB's

T

TOCC

Country scrum has been pretty shit hot all season, they lose their LHP and most experienced player and their scrum comes under pressure.. It shouldn't have come as a surprise, Country's props are players from outside the Reds WTS and with limited time playing at QPR or SS level, it was always going to be a difficult task..

I don't think a scrum coach should be 'fucked off' for it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Its always easy to coach a red hot scrum, backline and/or team. The yardstick for me is a coach that can adapt or improve HIS area of expertise that is or has failed badly.
Sure I don't expect a Coach to turn a poor scrummaging outfit into world beaters overnight but some dramatic improvement needs to be implemented forthwith. Otherwise criticism is justified.

B

Bobby Sands

Its always easy to coach a red hot scrum, backline and/or team. The yardstick for me is a coach that can adapt or improve HIS area of expertise that is or has failed badly.
Sure I don't expect a Coach to turn a poor scrummaging outfit into world beaters overnight but some dramatic improvement needs to be implemented forthwith. Otherwise criticism is justified.

Haha

T

TOCC

out of curiosity, did you watch the QLD Country match at CSBUS stadium?

B

Bobby Sands

Sam Fattal looks to have all the ingredients to be a Super Rugby lock. How has he been tracking?

T

Tigers Tale

Sam Fattal looks to have all the ingredients to be a Super Rugby lock. How has he been tracking?

Fattal had breakout year for Easts this year making his Premier Grade debut after joining Easts out of TSS a few years back. He is still very young (only 20 I think), so he will be better in 2015 for his NRC/QPR exposure in 2014. He has a great mentor in Blake Enever who is also young about 22.

I just hope that Bond doesn't try to steal him.

Status
Not open for further replies.