• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

he's definitely trying to run down a drink in this picture.

Go Kurtley!

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6162896110oxfjimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.10ox7l.png1412198297093.jpg-620x349.jpg

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6162896110enbkimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.10ox7l.png1412198297127.jpg-620x349.jpg

"I'z this close to that drink mate"

T

Train Without a Station

FP I wildly speculate that the argument/discussion was related to the follow aspects of her job:

"- Manage and oversee all functions of the Wallaby Department Budget & Finance
- Oversee Logistics Management"

Potentially either a complaint about the travel requirements and conditions, or the perks afforded to the team during travel.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
FP I wildly speculate that the argument/discussion was related to the follow aspects of her job:

Potentially either a complaint about the travel requirements and conditions, or the perks afforded to the team during travel.

TWAS - am sure you are correct and I am sure all players and staff were filthy their teddy bears didn't arrive. The difference is that Hooper, Slipper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Horwill, Phipps and the rest of the TEAM didn't have a blue about it, particularly with a female in these oh policitically correct times.

Maybe in the old days, the staff member (generally a bloke) would have retorted with a standard response like:

"Fiuck off KB (Kurtley Beale), wake up to yourself"

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
TWAS - am sure you are correct and I am sure all players and staff were filthy their teddy bears didn't arrive. The difference is that Hooper, Slipper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Horwill, Phipps and the rest of the TEAM didn't have a blue about it, particularly with a female in these oh policitically correct times.

Maybe in the old days, the staff member (generally a bloke) would have retorted with a standard response like:

and then his file would have been marked "never to tour" in those same olden days

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)

It's 2014 mate. Women are just as capable at being shithouse at their jobs as men are.

And it's no wonder he hasn't been punished yet, since she is the one who disciplines players! (According to her linkedin anyway...)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's 2014 mate. Women are just as capable at being shithouse at their jobs as men are.

And it's no wonder he hasn't been punished yet, since she is the one who disciplines players! (According to her linkedin anyway.)

mate, she may like that sorta stuff. Me, I prefer olis

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Fuckity fucking fuck. Forget the Wallabies - what about the Tahs?

Apparently he tried to apologise, but if booze was involved you'd think he is to hear the sound of shredding paper when he lands.

There is no bloody way that ANY of the touring party should have had a drink IMHO. Not even one. They are not on vacation, they are all working, and nobody should drink at work, except a wine-maker.

T

Train Without a Station

There is no bloody way that ANY of the touring party should have had a drink IMHO. Not even one. They are not on vacation, they are all working, and nobody should drink at work, except a wine-maker.

They are not working 24/7. The job has enough 24/7 constraints as it is. They are allowed to drink the evening after a test match. That is the team policy.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
They are not working 24/7. The job has enough 24/7 constraints as it is. They are allowed to drink the evening after a test match. That is the team policy.

absolutely right - there is nothing wrong with having a beer or Red, relaxing and spend enjoyable time with your mates. Its all about the quantity and the vast majority of blokes in the modern era at least reflect a responsible attitude. There is also an argument in favour of hydration :)

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

Not sure why that's relevent, as it happened a couple of hours out of Joburg.

You generally find your luggage missing when you get OFF the plane.

Unless he was complaining about leaving at 6am after such a brutal test.

T

Train Without a Station

Personally, I would think that perhaps refraining until the next night would be best to enable 24 hours recovery after the game, but I can understand the logic. Goes back to the amateur ethos of the game, but also enables everybody to be fresh for training as the day after the test will be a rest day generally. Plus all the work they do is leading to that one match, that's their biggest work day, whilst I'm all for maximum recovery, etc. perhaps it would be a little to draconian to say you can't have a beer on that one day.

The most professional of players like refrain anyway.

T

Train Without a Station

I never mentioned luggage.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
From the Telegraph:
McKenzie would not say whether alcohol was a factor in the incident, and while Beale is understood to have had drinks the night before, he was not drinking on the flight, which was the second leg of a three flight journey.

Yet the front page article still says it's alcohol-related and "thoughts got out to a player who clearly has deep-seated problem with alcohol". May want to edit that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's certainly interesting that the staff member has gone home and KB (Kurtley Beale) has continued on with the team (through a couple more flights) and seemingly will be picked to play this weekend.

Obviously no details have emerged of the nature of the argument and who said what.

Whilst it certainly could spell the end of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s career in Australia with the ARU declining to offer him a new contract, you'd have to think that if the incident had been particularly serious he would have been sent home immediately.

I guess we'll find out more in due course.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
They are allowed to drink the evening after a test match. That is the team policy.

They are allowed to drink after a match with moderation. But for a guy like Kurtley, who has had a series of issues with Alcohol, don't you think drinking would be the last thing you would do?

I'm guessing Kurtley was pissed that he didn't get his business class jammies after they run out. Fair enough I guess, it'd be pretty hard to sleep in one of those reclining chairs in your peasant clothing!

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Suggest that RUPA gets involved early on this one, particularly after the ignorant way the ARU handled the Dublin matter without them.
Integrity applies at all levels, not just with players.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

don't they fly business class, yeah totally brutal, especially when they don't have those silk socks you love.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm guessing Kurtley was pissed that he didn't get his business class jammies after they run out. Fair enough I guess, it'd be pretty hard to sleep in one of those reclining chairs in your peasant clothing!

My thoughts were that the alleged dispute related to either the seats, the itinerary or something else the ARU provides on the trip such as food or entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.