• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Invitational U16 Tournament 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
With the October long weekend fast approaching there has been quite a bit of movement in the 16's space.
The Western zone invitational squad comprised of many of the WZ lads who were selected for Presidents and then withdrew in favour of joining the "WZ Invitational" squad will be playing as the Greater Western Sydney Junior Rams.

Presidents have therfore called in quite a number of shadow players and formed quite a handy side... NSW Schools have called in several players due to injuries and boys moving away from NSW...

Last weekend WZ, Country and Presidents played trial matches in Orange as the curtain raiser to the NRC game with WZ beating Country 7-0 and also beating Presidents 12-5. Not sure if City have played any trials.

NSW schools are looking very strong so the scene is set for an interesting Comp in two weeks...

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Azzuri, thanks for creating this thread, do you have any updated team lists sounds like there is a lot of movements

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Azzuri, thanks for creating this thread, do you have any updated team lists sounds like there is a lot of movements

I know a few of the names but unfortunately I don't have the complete updated team lists

The recent ones I know are:
  • George Miller from GPS Presidents XV 1's to NSW Schools
  • Luke Osborne from Western Zone to Sydney City
  • Daniel Lombardi from GPS Presidents XV II's to NSW Schools

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
This is happening at T.G MIlner Field

Schedule is:

Saturday:

10:00am - Western Sydney V Sydney
11:00am - NSW Schools V Country

2:30pm - Western Sydney V NSW Schools
3:30pm - Country V Sydney

Sunday:

10:00am - Country V Western Sydney
11:00am - NSW Schools V Sydney

Look out for the Western Sydney Team.

Defence isn't going to let much through. (I attended the trials in Orange)

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
Although Daniel Lombardi and Osborne were both taken out of the Western Sydney team. This will make it a little more difficult though.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Have asked around, sounds like Luke Lough & Charlie Smith are out of schools team (injured) and Harrison Goddard (Open duties) some big shoes to fill.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Have asked around, sounds like Luke Lough & Charlie Smith are out of schools team (injured) and Harrison Goddard (Open duties) some big shoes to fill.

Understand that Mitch Howse has also been called into City from Presidents.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
This is happening at T.G MIlner Field

Schedule is:

Saturday:

10:00am - Western Sydney V Sydney
11:00am - NSW Schools V Country

2:30pm - Western Sydney V NSW Schools
3:30pm - Country V Sydney

Sunday:

10:00am - Country V Western Sydney
11:00am - NSW Schools V Sydney

Look out for the Western Sydney Team.

Defence isn't going to let much through. (I attended the trials in Orange)

Times have changes - game 1 is now at 9:30

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
here you go

Attachments

• Game Times October Rugby Festival.pdf
    221.5 KB · Views: 386

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I watched the NSW schools games

They won their first game against NSW Country 29-14 and their second against western zone 52-0...

western Zone beat city in the first game of the day

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Filling in the blanks...

In the opener - best ambush game since the Brumbies first hit the scene, the Rams downed SJRU.

NSWJRU U15s disposed of the President's XV

& match of the day - Country accounted for SJRU to leave the city lads winless on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.