• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What about Sam Windsor from NSW Country? Hey what ever happened to Sam Lane. Last I remember he took a year out to get his body right. Has he retired or is there a chance of a come back?
He was superb in his brief stint for the reds, and I hope he returns, but my understanding was he was more or less done.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He grew up near Canberra. Played in the UK and Ireland for a year or two.
Used to miserable weather, so little wonder he stood out in the first few rain affected rounds of NRC.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, the shunts haven't called me back or responded to my twitter post, so I assume they're looking for less qualified candidates.

I'm going to assume they'll do without Beale next year, in any case.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm going to assume they'll do without Beale next year, in any case.

If anything, I'm feeling slightly more confident that Beale will still be at the Tahs next year.

He may decide to sign with an NRL team instead but my guess is his ARU contract will still be on the table. It seems like it will create more headaches than it saves if they rescind it.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Any word on Allen's replacement as CEO?

Is that you, Saia?

Hasn't been much out of NSWRU, typically most staff take annual leave around September/October as there isn't much going on in the office, and the only real action the building gets is when the Wallabies come in to use the gym. As well as this, it's probably best for rugby's administrative matters to pipe down for a while (re: Beale).

I don't expect to see a replacement named until November or December.

T

Train Without a Station

Wasn't that brought up as a pure BS rumor? He'd barely played with Beale until 2014, no he's going to leave in protest? I'd consider Folau staying more likely with Beale gone for two reasons:

1. Frees up more money to make a more competitive offer;
2. Makes Folau even more valuable and therefore allows more resources and money to be focused on keeping Folau.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Wasn't that brought up as a pure BS rumor? He'd barely played with Beale until 2014, no he's going to leave in protest? I'd consider Folau staying more likely with Beale gone for two reasons:

1. Frees up more money to make a more competitive offer;
2. Makes Folau even more valuable and therefore allows more resources and money to be focused on keeping Folau.

Energy is coming from them being close mates and sharing the same manager.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wouldn't be surprised if the source is Isaac Moses, he's not a guy that I respect in any way.

But if Folau does quit, it is disappointing on many levels: as a fan of rugby, seeing a great play lost, and as a fan of Folau in particular, as I thought he would've been smart enough as a clean skin himself to realise what is unacceptable behaviour.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He's contracted for next year, was he ever going to stay on past the World Cup..

I took it as meaining quit his contract edit: this year, rather than quit after the RWC.

I always thought that it was long odds that Folau would remain in Australian rugby after the RWC.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Dave Dennis had a Q&A session at The Rugby Club in Sydney tonight.

Key points I picked up:

* He is around 3 months through his rehab with another 3 to go and should be ready for round one in 2015. During pre-season, he will be spending two weeks in Silicon Valley, US with, Sparta, the sports science company which supplies the data analytics program and software the Tahs used in 2014.

Interesting to note that the Tahs are the first team outside the US to use Sparta.

Company website: http://spartascience.com/

* Dave mentioned the replacement for Haydn Masters (S&C) also comes from the company which he thinks could improve the performance of the Tahs further with their intimate knowledge of the program/software. [EDIT: might have the names mixed up so replace with next point]

* Dave mentioned that someone from the company is also joining the Tahs which he believes could improve the performance of the Tahs further with their intimate knowledge of the program/software.

* Potgieter is signed up for another two seasons in between stints in Japan.

* 2015 pre-season commences 17 November.

He was asked about KB (Kurtley Beale), but he pretty much played a straight bat.

FOOTNOTE: Dave talked about the analytics program in Podcast 152.

Status
Not open for further replies.