• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

NRL play so many games at stadiums fans piss and moan about. They played one NRC game in order to be a TV game and a free curtain raiser for the 45,000 Bledisloe cup attendees. That's play it the same place 45,000 are definitely coming. They get to see it if they want to come earlier.

But of course this is unacceptable to the management genius Melbourne terrace.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
NRL play so many games at stadiums fans piss and moan about. They played one NRC game in order to be a TV game and a free curtain raiser for the 45,000 Bledisloe cup attendees. That's play it the same place 45,000 are definitely coming. They get to see it if they want to come earlier.

But of course this is unacceptable to the management genius Melbourne terrace.

Who gives a fuck that 45k were coming later? They bought tickets for a test match and didn't give a shit about the NRC game. The reality is that about three quarters of fuck all of that 45k turned up and fans who just wanted to watch their team were forced to buy test match tickets.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'd find it very interesting if you'd write an article on what the NRC needs to do to make things better in your view, MT.

Post it here if you like - keep in mind they're on a budget - but prime directives for making it great would be a good start.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
I'd find it very interesting if you'd write an article on what the NRC needs to do to make things better in your view, MT.

Post it here if you like - keep in mind they're on a budget - but prime directives for making it great would be a good start.
Might well do that mate. Would be a fun exercise.

Mind you I don't exactly get paid for being a hypothetical Sports administrator so it could be a while away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would love for games to be taken away from major centers and I do understand this has been done. First class rugby might be a way of life for you fellas in the cities but it is pure gold in place where you don't get any of it. I would love for a game to be played in Darwin. I think we could easily match the crowds being pulled down south.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
NRC is a much more cost effective way to get rugby out to country centres to help grow the game so support that.....NSW Country Eagles and Bond University Queensland Country got some ok crowds at some country centres (and woeful at others e.g. Lismore).

I hope SA get a team in within the next few years that can be cost effective as would be good way to support and grow local rugby in SA....appreciate need to get finances right for this....

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Black Hawks would need some sort of investor behind them to bring in the required quality, but we're talking 8-10 years down the line, aren't we?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Black Hawks would need some sort of investor behind them to bring in the required quality, but we're talking 8-10 years down the line, aren't we?
Need similar model to Rams - get the private investors in, and petition the ARU to get some fringe Super talent from other places. Could be a great opportunity as there is a rugby/league base that needs servicing.

They'll take some beatings but will be better for it.

They could be team #10 in about five years time, if done right.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So these were the attendances for R9:

Stars v Rays: not many​
Bris v Viking: 13,700*​
Melb v Qld C: 1,924​
NSW C v Perth: 1,500​

* (as at fulltime) - "around a thousand people in for kickoff and 3516 by halftime, meaning more than 10,000 people came into the ground during the second half." The Roar

Any crowd guesstimates for the Stars v Rays game?

I've seen 750 ?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Rising crowd might be a bit short. There was a problem with the ticketing, the old man and I, plus at minimum 50 others. So they couldn't count those kids, and I've got no idea how they counted.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will Melbourne be able to get a significantly bigger crowd for the semi final? Seem to have a core of about 2k for the Rising, so there's still a lot of regular Rebels fans that haven't been won over yet.

Anyone's guess for the other semi final. It's a shame that Brisbane City didn't finish 2nd as you'd think that semi final could have got 5k+ if they had.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Needs more promotion, seems to be ~0 outside the Rising Media Pages and Hedgers weekly SEN interview.

Also seems to be the club contingent that's turning up. Not seeing many of Saffas and Kiwis that I do at Rebels games. Plenty of the Pacific families though, great to see the young ones.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What times have these games been played? We need to keep this comp and see it through tough times. Maybe set the draw up so they can be played as double headers. Twice the rugby at half the cost. Market it that way.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
We need to not play 1 semi on a friday night at central coast when everyone has kids sport on saturday and the home team's supporters have probably anywhere between 2 and 8 hours drive to get there. We need to play the other one not during a major race meeting in the racing capital of Australia. I know play the Melb game on friday night and the country game on Saturday arvo??? Is Homer Simpson scheduling these games?????? Doh!!!

T

Train Without a Station

I'm pretty sure everybody in Melbourne wants a Saturday afternoon game. They've had about 75% night games all year between super rugby and NRC comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.