• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Next Wallabies Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ben Mowen was a great captain at the Brums (but not at the Wallaby level - I can hear the derisive outcrys but he caused some shit over there in Dublin amongst the team)).

The derisive outcries might be a response to the unsubstantiated gossip you're spreading.................

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No, they missed the finals that year because they choked against the bottom-placed Blues in the last round

They also missed a home finals in 2013 when they lost in the last(?) round to the Force who weren't a force that year. Had they won that game, they might well have been Champions because their travel program through the finals certainly contributed to fatigue levels in the final.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
..and he left of his own accord. Nobody culled him.
I know. I was referring to the language you used implying he's done and dusted. At the age of 25. He left, he'll likely come back at some point, and could well have something to offer. I wouldn't dismiss that chance.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'd NOW like to hear ARU CEO Pulver come out to the MEDIA and tell us how is going to set up a management structure that leads the team group away from future troubles. Otherwise what is this CEO really doing, surely he has run out of things to talk about at lunch ????

I wish the coaches all success. Above ALL I wish Pulver would do his job now.

This is the big problem. We're talking multiple systems failures and ongoing discipline issues - apparently the CEO knew nothing of any or this and/or did nothing about the overall structure of the Wallabies until we were chest deep in s**t.

Pulver seems to have no problem getting into the dressing room after tests and backslapping the star players (which is nice, but isn't really his core business), but has presided over an organisational and structural train wreck and as we speak is busily diverted the blame and responsibility elsewhere.

- Appoint a District Court judge so no-one can hold me accountable
- Blame the media because everyone hates journos anyway

And on and on it goes.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is the big problem. We're talking multiple systems failures and ongoing discipline issues - apparently the CEO knew nothing of any or this and/or did nothing about the overall structure of the Wallabies until we were chest deep in s**t.

Pulver seems to have no problem getting into the dressing room after tests and backslapping the star players (which is nice, but isn't really his core business), but has presided over an organisational and structural train wreck and as we speak is busily diverted the blame and responsibility elsewhere.

- Appoint a District Court judge so no-one can hold me accountable
- Blame the media because everyone hates journos anyway

And on and on it goes.

you missed appoint an "external publicity" company - and refuse to divulge its identity

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lorenzo asked to be banned after being given a warning. If that isn't arrogant enough, what is?
Indeed. We're simple folk. If someone asks to be banned, it is only polite to oblige.
Anyway, people don't get banned for arrogance.
But there is a list of reasons, and some manage to tick several in quick succession.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Indeed. We're simple folk. If someone asks to be banned, it is only polite to oblige.
Anyway, people don't get banned for arrogance.
But there is a list of reasons, and some manage to tick several in quick succession.

And among those there are some with a certain panache, no doubt.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
In 2011 I wrote an evocative (shit stirring if you prefer) post about the Tahs and the years of dysfunction and the fact that no matter who coached them the results were the same with some minor changes to the mode of play. Think back and you remember Matt Williams, Ian Kennedy, Bob Dwyer, McKenzie, Hickey and Foley. The results were largely the same. The playing group contained throughout the time some of the most gifted players ever to wear the sky blue.In that article I proposed that the problem ultimately was coaching based, though it had a part to play. Basically I was saying shit rolls downhill and there was a hell of a lot of it at Tahs HQ (which everyone knew and did nothing about).

I see some massive parallels to Wallaby land from 2003 onwards. It may well have been present long before but with professionalism the impacts became more pronounced. We have had a succession of seriously poor management at ARU level. Starting with Flowers squandering a once in a generation (or even multiple generations) capital investment opportunity that could have funded the game for a very long time. No lets piss it up the wall with a pie in the sky idea that any rational assessment could have said would not work as it never involved the grass roots and they had no real investment in it. Then we have JON mark II (reign of Nero) with inflated salary and rubber stamp board. Rome burned and JON ran around being important and then as the flames licked the walls of his summer house and he couldn't tell everyone it was just a foggy day, and with the Goths and Vandals raping and pillaging our once great Legion, he raided the vault and ran for the hills.

In steps Billy P. No changes to the rubber stamp brigade and his school buddy Chairman but we expect different outcomes. WTF.

Just like the Tahs. Until we have reform at the administration level any gains made at coaching level will be short term and ephemeral IMO. As with the Tahs the great tragedy is the collateral damage along the way, in coaches, support staff and players. Notice how the managers and administrators never get any blame for the shite systems that lead to these situations.

Hopefully Chieka keeps his driver (as in golf club) close at hand, not to motivate players, but to beat administrators around the head to try and get some sense into their skulls.

T

Train Without a Station

No changes to the rubber stamp brigade? Pulver has torn through the budget with a fucking chainsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.