• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Next Wallabies Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dingo adds two Bobs worth:
Robbie Deans says Michael Cheika has what it takes to succeed

"When the worm turns, so to speak, it's challenging," Deans said of the similar plight McKenzie confronted.
"If sentiment turns it depends who drives the agenda and what their end in mind is. Having been over there and experienced the environment it's a tough, tenuous environment. It's not good for the game to see them struggle. Hopefully they'll respond constructively. It's very important to New Zealand rugby that Australia is competitive and strong."
Deans downplayed the much-hyped player power issues festering in Australia rugby but elaborated on the political influences he also faced from board members.
"They've changed the constitution and have the opportunity to create fully independent governance but they haven't take those steps yet," he said.
"There's still blokes who are actively involved in the game that have vested interests and allegiances and it's getting in the way, no doubt."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...what-it-takes-to-succeed-20141021-119atf.html

When the soon to be ordained returns for his overseas mission, and with those now know as the Wallitahs return, their results and efforts will be cleansed from your minds as the the rugby gods will possess a vast majority of you.

The gods will command you to start the chastising and stoning of the chosen one; and you will obey willingly.

If he gets results, you the discontented masses will cry foul; you will question why, with momentum and results, he is permitted to be distracted and tasked with such menial unimportant things such as returning to the Tahs (AKA Wallitahs training camp) to preached to the lesser and already converted.

If he fails to achieve results, you the discontented masses will ask why his mind and time are not focused only and entirely on the holy grail, rather the tin cup of SANZAR that in that year is just a door prize.

Each province will have their infantry primed, ready to strike once his craft lands on these shores. There will be little mercy, the attacks unrelenting and unforgiving. His fate is sealed before his work is commenced.

He is his own man, of incredible strength and resolve, He may suffer but will survive the attacks. But what damage will be done? Will the quest for the holy grail be secondary to his own ego and gaols? Will hos battle be against the masses rather than the foes on the field? Is the game to be the great and ultimate sacrifice in this battle?

As with the scribe whom appears is the rose amongst the thorns, who stood happily recanting the details of the demise whilst straddling the lifeless body of the fallen; will report every single blow of the battle, both in this life, and in mythology combined, proudly with an almost sickening happiness, and disturbing familiarity.

The natives are stirring and the provinces are unsettled - calm before the storm!

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
If he fails to achieve results, you the discontented masses will ask why his mind and time are not focused only and entirely on the holy grail, rather the tin cup of SANZAR that in that year is just a door prize.

Each province will have their infantry primed, ready to strike once his craft lands on these shores. There will be little mercy, the attacks unrelenting and unforgiving. His fate is sealed before his work is commenced.
He is his own man, of incredible strength and resolve, He may suffer but will survive the attacks. But what damage will be done? Will the quest for the holy grail be secondary to his own ego and gaols? Will hos battle be against the masses rather than the foes on the field? Is the game to be the great and ultimate sacrifice in this battle?
!
This needs to be saved in a memory box for future reference.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Captain, sensors detect strange Waratahs conspiracy theories on this thread. These are most illogical, I will never understand you humans.

images

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Dingo adds two Bobs worth:
Robbie Deans says Michael Cheika has what it takes to succeed

"When the worm turns, so to speak, it's challenging," Deans said of the similar plight McKenzie confronted.
"If sentiment turns it depends who drives the agenda and what their end in mind is. Having been over there and experienced the environment it's a tough, tenuous environment. It's not good for the game to see them struggle. Hopefully they'll respond constructively. It's very important to New Zealand rugby that Australia is competitive and strong."
Deans downplayed the much-hyped player power issues festering in Australia rugby but elaborated on the political influences he also faced from board members.
"They've changed the constitution and have the opportunity to create fully independent governance but they haven't take those steps yet," he said.
"There's still blokes who are actively involved in the game that have vested interests and allegiances and it's getting in the way, no doubt."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...what-it-takes-to-succeed-20141021-119atf.html

Oh God, Deans is starting to make sense. What is the world coming too.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I just skipped 14 pages as you guys create more content than a man with a job can follow, so apologies if this has been said.

But regarding the Cheika backing Beale thing, could he be boxing clever.

The playing group has clearly come out in support of Beale, and now Cheika has to get them all pointing in the same direction, so he supports Beale. But secretly knows the ARU in all likeliness is going to do the hatchet job no matter what based on the circumstances and he will be able to say he was at least in agreement with his new team.

I suspect he truly does want to keep Beale, as his skill set is hard to replace, but he will be pragmatic enough to know that probably isn't feasible.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So you think this whole affair is really more to do with Beale's days back at the Rebels?

Do you really not get it? Yes, Beale has been a problem - strangely not a problem at the Tahs this year, but a problem for sure. Now, he's not the first wayward footballer and he won't be the last.

The point, which you clearly missed by several kilometres, is that it's a little bit moot to complain about him at this point - what's done was done. Rather, the focus should be on how the fall-out was managed.

Now, how was it managed? Well, when all is said and done the end result here has been one immature player has cost a key coaching staff members their jobs and seen the head coach himself resign over an inappropriate text message and a mid-flight argument between tired staff over a T-Shirt.

Now, far be it from me to suggest that the ARU isn't perfect, but as an Australian who isn't utterly cocooned from the other codes I've seen a fair few sporting controversies through different sports, and I have to say that I can't recall a player's poor behaviour - and let's be honest here, Rugby League has dealt with far worse - ever causing this much shit.

But whatever mate, just sack Beale and all the problems with the Wallabies will go away. Heck, it worked for Deans when he got rid of Cooper didn't it?

Oh wait.

You are drawing a very long bow to suggest from my post that the whole affair is more to do with Beale's days at the Rebels. I never said that, nor insinuated it. My observation was that he should have been properly dealt with at that time and we wouldn't have had any of this latest drama.

I simply can't agree with your contention that the bigger problem is how the fall-out was managed. Poor management, if that proves to be the case and that's certainly not a given if the two people involved agreed to keep the matter to themselves in the first instance, is not even near the category of sexual harassment and bullying. Those are the issues that must remain in focus first and foremost and must be appropriately resolved.

As for issues in League - I just don't give a shit. It is an inferior game and doesn't hold the slightest bit of interest to me.

whistleblower

Bob McCowan (2)
Ok, So Cheika is now out. Good. We don't want someone who can only work with their 'support team' and no one else. Lets get behind Egerton for coach who already has the support team there, and let's get back to rugby.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
That is going to be interesting. I tend to agree but we have not received all of the details yet on the Beale saga.

Look usually I'd agree. But unless those texts have just been made up by a journo, they are a damning insight into how this bloke functions. You can just see the insincerity in the words, it's all too indicative of a person who has never had to realise the consequences of his idiotic and immature actions. Time to do what is right for Beale and show him that you can't just get away with that shit all the time.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

Who would've thought I'd agree with Deans, but this is too bloody true, and I bet he knows it all too well.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't have a problem with Cheika coaching NSW and the Wallabies given the circumstances. In fact I suggested in late 2010 that the ARU sack deans and put Link in a similar state/national coaching situation. I still reckon we would have been a better team had they done it.

But with that being said. He has to cut Beale loose, and he should resign from the NSW job when his contract expires so he can focus on the national team.

K

KAOPointman

Do "whatever" it takes to get Cheika in the wallabies role.
Link was also a near perfect coach, but media killed him. No doubt!

Either way the new coach has a high marker to live up too......as the wallabies are in extremely good shape/form and depth atm. Best it's been in many years. Thanks to deans for kicking the depth part off......but the rest was Link. And that's backed up by the wallabies form against everyone bar the ABlacks.

Cheika WILL struggle PUBLICALLY with the heavy REFF problem the wallabies have tho.
For EG. The latest bledisloe game........the first two scrums the reff penalized aus DESPITE CLEAR footage that the ABs brought the scrum down and lost their bind on both occasions. The reff just took a stab and GUESSED it was the wallabies fault! Both times he was on the opposite side of the scrum. If he got a call from his sideline reff, then that makes the matter even WORSE!

These blatant little things will INFURIATE Cheika........AND I CANT WAIT.

K

KAOPointman

You are drawing a very long bow to suggest from my post that the whole affair is more to do with Beale's days at the Rebels. I never said that, nor insinuated it. My observation was that he should have been properly dealt with at that time and we wouldn't have had any of this latest drama.

I simply can't agree with your contention that the bigger problem is how the fall-out was managed. Poor management, if that proves to be the case and that's certainly not a given if the two people involved agreed to keep the matter to themselves in the first instance, is not even near the category of sexual harassment and bullying. Those are the issues that must remain in focus first and foremost and must be appropriately resolved.

As for issues in League - I just don't give a shit. It is an inferior game and doesn't hold the slightest bit of interest to me.

Wasn't the original msg incident allready dealt with, like back in May? And for some reason it was leaked/rereleased?
As far as I'm aware so far.....90% of this whole thing can be blamed on MEDIA!
If Beale was in any other sport in aus or any other country......he'd allready be back playing rugby.
He would have had to of done Drugs, stripped naked and assaulted people, bashed his misses or raped for this much press in any other code!
True fans of rugby should remember that and put it into perspective. Beale should be back in rugby!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wasn't the original msg incident allready dealt with, like back in May? And for some reason it was leaked/rereleased?
As far as I'm aware so far...90% of this whole thing can be blamed on MEDIA!
If Beale was in any other sport in aus or any other country..he'd allready be back playing rugby.
He would have had to of done Drugs, stripped naked and assaulted people, bashed his misses or raped for this much press in any other code!
True fans of rugby should remember that and put it into perspective. Beale should be back in rugby!

No, no, no, no, no, no................ no.

Status
Not open for further replies.