• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Think Pek Cowan deserves another shot. I've been a big fan of Benn Robbo over the years but he has had little to no impact off the bench the past few games, where's Cowan's ball-running could have helped a lot in those final five minutes at Suncorp.

Is Cottrell injured at the moment or a chance for a call-up now Fardy is out?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Cheika becomes coach, surely the EOYT is the ideal time to solve the Wallabies problems at hooker by unleashing Randwick's 2nd grade hooker onto world rugby.

Does anyone happen to know what the next Phil Kearns' name is?

Patrick HODGETTS ---- "come on down".

Wicks 2nd grade hooker from Round 1 2014 (vs Beasties).
(He got a meat pie, so he must be an awesome candidate).
http://www.nswrugby.com.au/ShuteShield/DrawsResultsLadders/ColinCairdShieldDrawsResults.aspx

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I think you've put the cart before the horse there.

They're still working out who picks the squad, let alone when they get to pick it and announce it.

Perhaps, and I know they had the Brisbane Test to consider for injuries - but still very surprised that a Tour party has not been put together with only 6 days to the flight...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Think Pek Cowan deserves another shot. I've been a big fan of Benn Robbo over the years but he has had little to no impact off the bench the past few games, where's Cowan's ball-running could have helped a lot in those final five minutes at Suncorp.

Is Cottrell injured at the moment or a chance for a call-up now Fardy is out?

The reason Robinson came back in ahead of Cowan seemed to be the scrum though. Neither of them are close to Slipper who is one of our best players. I think you've got to go down the route of picking your most solid scrum to come off the bench as opposed to wanting props who are better at running the ball. Horwill and Hodgson should have provided enough carrying options from the bench.

Cottrell is still returning from the broken leg to my knowledge.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Perhaps, and I know they had the Brsibane Test to consider for injuries - but still very surprised that a Tour party has not been put together wi
th only 6 days to the flight.

The ARU are hoping both will be announced today.

I believe the squad would have only been announced yesterday if McKenzie was still the coach.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
B0g8jUtCIAA-TNL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.