• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country - - - NRC Official Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

That is still more than the wicks, a team which finished better off, true? the three players included 2 of the tahs. Still a great performance today! Up Country

What better wicks players were snubbed?

Perhaps the best players in the positions needed were easts players.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That is still more than the wicks, a team which finished better off, true? the three players included 2 of the tahs. Still a great performance today! Up Country

They're missing Hoiles and Horwitz through injury though. Not sure when Hoiles is back but Horwitz is out until the last three rounds if things go well for him.

From Easts, McKibbin is missing who is hopefully available next weekend and Chapman who I'm not sure about.

This is hardly an Easts dominated team. There were two Souths players, two Norths players, a West Harbour player and an Eastwood player in the starting XV yesterday. It's a bit of a liquorice allsorts side.

Are you sure you weren't just assuming that most of the players who weren't from Randwick that you weren't familiar with were Easts players?

They certainly pulled it together in the second half yesterday though. They'll be a strong side when some more of the Super Rugby players come back.

I thought Tala Gray ran strongly yesterday and Mike Ala'alatoa was really good.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I'm just watching the Stars v Eagles game. Tala Gray having a great game, and if Ed Stubbs can up his skill level to match his physicality he'll be a real handful. He'll do things like barrel three people over then throw a garbage pass - exciting to watch but frustrating. McKibbin also looking lively.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I remember that Force vs Crusaders game last year where he absolutely hammered Dagg and a few others. Wish he improved his skill set more.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
NSW Country Eagles v Perth Spirit is apparently now on at 6pm Saturday rather than the previously advertised 3pm.

Dubbo Roos to play Dubbo Rhinos in a curtain raiser.

https://m.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/sphotos-d.AK (Andrew Kellaway)/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/t31.0-8/p640x640/10644593_669229973174251_1209225500212248366_o.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If the Eagles beat the Spirit in Dubbo tomorrow (they should) thereby finishing second, where will they host their semi-final? I'd suggest either Bathurst or Redfern Oval.

Thoughts please.

Better still, the Eagles could flog the Spirit by 60 points and the Rams'd sneak into the semis. Yay. Oh, and go Brisbane City to make this scenario work.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Newcastle could also be an option.

They should aim for both a bigger rural centre and somewhere that is within 3 hours of Sydney so more people are encouraged to travel for the game.

I obviously wouldn't complain if they played it in Sydney.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gosford Stadium would be a good location for the game if they make it. Being right next to the Railway Station gives good public transport options.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Apparently Gosford or Wollongong are in the frame if the Eagles get the home semi - to be played next Friday night.
Is Gosford still Rays territory at all? North Harbour is a very all-encompassing geographical descriptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Certainly won't be Newcastle. Both of the venues here (Hunter Stadium and No 2 Sportsground) are being resurfaced right now. I'd heard it would be WIN Stadium in the Gong.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If they want, they can play it at AAMI in Melbourne, so they can get used to the ground before the following weekend :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gosford Stadium would be a good location for the game if they make it. Being right next to the Railway Station gives good public transport options.

Fox Sports reporting that the Eagles will play Brisbane City at Central Coast Stadium on Friday 7:30pm

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Can anyone enlighten me to the whereabouts of Max Lahiff? I haven't seen his name crop up on any team sheet and I wasn't aware he was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.