• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have been trying to stay away from all the frivolities occurring at the moment, but yes Mr Shoulder, it was subtle, well aimed and still remained ambiguous.

I think I might take up Stand Up Paddle boarding this Summer to keep me away from all of this

That's right, give those of us who can't go from kneeling to standing on dry ground even more reason to be jealous.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well I suppose the fact it took a week means that the irony was subtle.
Man have i heard some stuff on the subject of this thread over the last week - rugby union clubs paying schools fees;
- 8 boys from the NSWPSSA side (only one of whom knew where Bellevue Hill is) going to a school in Sydney's east;

More irregularities?;)

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Spotted in the carpark at Royal Women's helping fit baby capsules to keep allegations at bay.
And some people can't see what's wrong with having the ARU as a GPS Old Boys club.
I knew I never should have made the call on the Under 9s lad...
World domination is getting smarter AND younger.
@Inside Shoulder. Is it a bit too much to ask about sign ons in utero???

Jack S

Frank Row (1)
I think that the gps should allow a certain amount of scholarships per school for ALL sports. For example 10/15 scholarships per year for all sports so that there is a good balance of different school winning different events depending on what they decide to use their scholarships on
Jack

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Welcome aboard @Jack S.
While your view may be valid, the heads of the AAGPS have recently reviewed and recommitted to their Code of Conduct which states NO sporting scholarships.

Different story in CAS and ISA where there doesn't seem to be any prohibition on Scholarships.

whistleblower

Bob McCowan (2)
No.
We're in the honeymoon suite.
There's pink champagne on ice.
Hopefully we will not encounter the sweet smell of colitas rising up through the air

I hate to be the one to tell you but Shore has just pulled the pin on the nuclear option. This thread will now have a very limited half-life. I urge you to contact your own snouts there. Simply ask them: What changes will the DoSport be bringing in next year? Sorry.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hate to be the one to tell you but Shore has just pulled the pin on the nuclear option. This thread will now have a very limited half-life. I urge you to contact your own snouts there. Simply ask them: What changes will the DoSport be bringing in next year? Sorry.

Now I'm officially lost: does "pulled the pin" mean ended or started? I infer the latter from your question to the DoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.