• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Why is Marto employed as a commentator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The Clown Prince from the Kingdom of Drongoland, Marto at the Gold Coast Sevens, as co-commentator for the final game between the Canada and Australia Women's team.

Ella Green has just fluffed a tackle, allowing Mandy Marcheck to score for Canada.

take it away Prince Marto: ". . .She's gotta get a shoulder in there to make the tackle. I don't know . . .. Maybe she has just had her nails done."

Dinosaur.
If that is true and someone has a link to it then we should email the greens and getup and get them to get rid of him.

I am sure they would love to hear of that type of sexism.

K

KAOPointman

Marto is an awesome commentator. All the guys I watch rugby with love him......but he does have a big radio background in qld. Love the guy!

K

KAOPointman

I bet the same guys who hate Greg Martin......LOVE Phil Gould! The biggests dousche in the history of history!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well no.

It is quite possible, in fact, that we can distinguish raving dickheads no matter where they're from.

After Marto made some stupid crack about the Sevens Rugby girls' tackling in context of breaking a nail, he proved where he's at.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bring back the Buddha.

untitled.png

Edit: (CAUTION) - eye protection is recommended when viewing this image!!!

K

KAOPointman

Well no.

It is quite possible, in fact, that we can distinguish raving dickheads no matter where they're from.

After Marto made some stupid crack about the Sevens Rugby girls' tackling in context of breaking a nail, he proved where he's at.
Yeah possible......but unlikely ;)
Marto may have made a stupid comment, but was he right?

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I'd take Martin over Nisbett(NZ) any day of the week.

Sure, he's over-enthusiastic and sounds like a cat in a tumble dryer, but he's got nothing on Nisbett's bias towards New Zealand.

All Blacks do something aggressive and they're playing awesome, hard rugby. Opponents do the same thing and they need to go to the bin.

No thanks.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
I couldn't actually bring myself to click like on the photo,but I must say I used to love Buddha's comments,even if very parochial.Who can ever forget some of his memorable expressions eg Ilie Tabua(sp?)-the human skewer!

My fave was "van der westhuizen would have been saying 'shizen heizen!!' when he saw Jonah coming at him."

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
My experience of Martin, which goes back to his coaching Grammar 1st XV in the late 90s/early 2000s, is that he'd relentlessly pursue vendettas in the meeja, especially refs. He sprouts some utter bullshit with that stupid 'telling it like it is' manner. Would consider purchasing Foxtel if they shitcanned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.