• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Isn't it too late for them. Thought they had to start day one of grade 11 to play 1st 15 at BBC. Anyone else possibly leaving?

Tristan Stanghorn is in year 10 this year and is deadly as hell so he would fit in great at BBC. Hope he stays at Iona though. Michael Dickie is a year older than his year level and was easily one of the top 3 outside centers this year. I believe he will wear the 12 jersey for AIC 1 next year, losing 13 to Tatipata from SPLC.

I don't think anyone is leaving next year though, other than maybe Stanghorn. Will Feeney will wear 15 and is also in year 10 this year, and from what I've seen he's the best player at Iona in his age group. Haven't heard any news about anyone leaving.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Tristan Stanghorn is in year 10 this year and is deadly as hell so he would fit in great at BBC. Hope he stays at Iona though. Michael Dickie is a year older than his year level and was easily one of the top 3 outside centers this year. I believe he will wear the 12 jersey for AIC 1 next year, losing 13 to Tatipata from SPLC.

I don't think anyone is leaving next year though, other than maybe Stanghorn. Will Feeney will wear 15 and is also in year 10 this year, and from what I've seen he's the best player at Iona in his age group. Haven't heard any news about anyone leaving.

Hardly difficult to have been a top 3 player in a position this year.
I've also heard nothing but praise for Feeney and my limited viewings of him seem to back up the talk. Definitely a strike weapon for IONA.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Opinions if any school this year will go undefeated? I dont think so in my opinion the competition will be tight within the top 4 schools. (Ashgrove,Padua, Eddies, Pats) although wouldn't forget about the other schools, being underdogs may create more aggression within the players to make a statement to the disbelievers.

Lloyd Gorman

Frank Row (1)
There seems to be a lot of talk about, the Year 10 Iona College back line (William Feeney, Tristan Stanghorn) . But I think there are also many Forwards year 10 level that have a high chance of making the first 15 squad for Iona College.

S

Soil Ruggers

I believe the year 11s this year don't have a strong forward pack compared to other schools, who would be in contention in year 10?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Mark Doyle and Soil Ruggles take a hike for a week and when you come back make some sensible posts and cut out all those deleted posts.

I trust you to do this voluntarily without being banned.

Do not reply to this post

Thank you

LG

Wynnum Grad

Bob McCowan (2)
Have to agree with Lloyd Gorman that there are also some Iona year 10 forwards who could make 1sts in 2015, although latest news seems to be that BSHS has scored Nathan Marshall for 2015. (most likely at flanker).
Brad Wilkins proved that AIC players can succeed at the highest level and it is depressing so see the continued drain on the talent pool.
Lets hope that players like Feeney continue within AIC. Stanghon is actually only in grade 9 but is of grade 10 age, so has another year up his sleeve and could make 3 years in the 1sts. The current year 10 Iona playing group have never converted talent into points, struggling against Pats, Ashgrove and Padua for the past couple of years. As individuals they have the ability but they have never really jelled as a team.
This year was also a bad year for injuries, with several season ending injuries occurring along the way. One real issue is also that players are playing one position for club and being selected in a totally different position for school. At times this year it appeared to be a form of appeasement for certain players; I'm told some players would only play certain positions and with numbers being short they were allowed to dictate terms.
That said, there is a good core group of year 10 boys in the Gym each week, as well as grade 11 lads and maybe some early S&C will make the difference.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Have to agree with Lloyd Gorman that there are also some Iona year 10 forwards who could make 1sts in 2015, although latest news seems to be that BSHS has scored Nathan Marshall for 2015. (most likely at flanker).
Brad Wilkins proved that AIC players can succeed at the highest level and it is depressing so see the continued drain on the talent pool.
Lets hope that players like Feeney continue within AIC. Stanghon is actually only in grade 9 but is of grade 10 age, so has another year up his sleeve and could make 3 years in the 1sts. The current year 10 Iona playing group have never converted talent into points, struggling against Pats, Ashgrove and Padua for the past couple of years. As individuals they have the ability but they have never really jelled as a team.
This year was also a bad year for injuries, with several season ending injuries occurring along the way. One real issue is also that players are playing one position for club and being selected in a totally different position for school. At times this year it appeared to be a form of appeasement for certain players; I'm told some players would only play certain positions and with numbers being short they were allowed to dictate terms.
That said, there is a good core group of year 10 boys in the Gym each week, as well as grade 11 lads and maybe some early S&C will make the difference.

First time, long time.
News is that "Tristan" from Iona has jumped ship and is now at the ACGS docks. Lots of work done since the U15 State Carnival to get him there.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)

Can't agree with you. Iona front and second row have pretty much been secured. Hooker could be Angus Barker though. Doubt it since Ollie Plevey and Callum Nicholson are much bigger and seemingly more talented. Back row is shaky, probably Brenton Smith at 6. Definitely Zayne Holleran at 8 if he plays the season.

1. Dan Sheppard (2nd Xv 2014, 1st XV bench 2014)
2. -
3. Angelo Pepe (1st XV 2014, 1st XV bench 2013)
4. Ryley Morton (16A's 2014)
5. Ryan Homes (16A's 2014)
6. Brenton Smith probably
7. -
8. Zayne Holleran (if he plays)

AICRugby

Frank Row (1)
Great to see all this positive chat about the IONA Grade 10 boys who will make an impact on the AIC comp next year. What about the other AIC schools though, any other grade 10s from all schools to look out for?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Pretty sure that AIC cricket will be played in year groups next year, certainly Year 7 is so I assume that the same will apply to Years 8-10.

Haven't heard about any structural changes to AIC rugby next year, but different considerations might apply to rugby, as opposed to cricket, due to size/physical maturity issues.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pretty sure that AIC cricket will be played in year groups next year, certainly Year 7 is so I assume that the same will apply to Years 8-10.

Haven't heard about any structural changes to AIC rugby next year, but different considerations might apply to rugby, as opposed to cricket, due to size/physical maturity issues.

Alright so, their is no such thing as CIC competition anymore. So all ages from 7-12, will be playing from 8-1 i think. Pretty sure last game of the day will either be at 12 or 1, not 100% sure but a rough estimate.

Pedro Imhoff

Frank Row (1)
Darece is only in because Ethan Fitzgibbon is injured.
Riley Harris (7) Archie Taylor (8) Tom McDonald (9) Joshua Fernandez (13 back from red card in Iona round.) Andrew Richardson (14 but injured) Joshua Schweitzer (16) Liam Mullins (Run on 14 tomorrow against Villa but is has not played until this game) Wyatt Setu (17 injured, broken eye socket).

Just to clarify Darece is moving schools for year 12, so he will not be playing SEC 1st XV 2015. But Carter Auld will return from his shoulder reconstruction. Plus, Joshua Wiblen (SEC 2nd XV) will most likely take a spot in next years 1st XV.

Darece Anae dropped out so he isn't moving schools

Status
Not open for further replies.