• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
^^^ Played against some Thai teams when working in Singapore many eons ago. They were fast and bloody nippy runners. They struggled to compete in the piggies against the Gweilo teams giving up 20-30 kgs on most of the fatter larger Westerners.
Funny you mention that HJ,but I think it is changing.When I drop my boy off at school(yes,they go to school at 4 here),I am amazed at the size of the Thai kids now(and that's just the girls!).I am not exactly a towering lock,but I find myself shorter and thinner than a lot of the older kids.Must be the popularity of good old western fast food.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We've all been there, and done that but it is not always captured on film.

Before:
p1-300x0.jpg

Say Cheese:
p2.jpg

One Proud Parent.

Read all about it here: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/bab...utm_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=poop

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Laaitie has been picked for PRG u18 squad to tour Holland/Belgium in March/April next year. The 12 day tour will include 8 match vs Holland strongest club youth teams. They'll get clinics from the club coaches, train with them, play matches and watch Hoofdklasse matches.

All part of PRG 150 years celebrations, rugby will get the Craven Week and play in Japan in the Sannix tournament.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
My 2 year old is quite proficient with the iPad, specifically with Plex. He managed to navigate the library and find an episode of 'the walking dead' (S05E01, with all the carnage). After hearing the screams I directed him back to the Wiggles fairly quickly. He is also quite talented in removing a sleep suit, bonds PJs and nappies and falling asleep - results in waking up in a puddle of piss (sounds like someone else I know).

Also, as a Mexican I'm still VERY proud of the fact my eldest (7yo) went to a Rebels and SOO match before an AFL match.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My 1yr11and3/4month old just bit me on the leg. Obviously I'm not giving him enough attention or he is really hungry.

My nearly-8 yr old son has just started cubs, whilst my 6 year old daughter has joined the junior guides.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
My 1yr11and3/4month old just bit me on the leg. Obviously I'm not giving him enough attention or he is really hungry.

My nearly-8 yr old son has just started cubs, whilst my 6 year old daughter has joined the junior guides.
Give the kid a piece of biltong.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

I've been venturing into the world of guides this year with my 9yr old. I find it the most frustratingly annoying experience but she loves it. I understand it is very dependant on the leaders of the hut, a bit like a coach in a rugby team. Hope you have a better time of it than me. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
My 12 year old daughter just got an A+ for Grade 7 piano and 100% for Grade 4 music theory, the only one to get full marks in the whole of NSW this year and the first in quite some time apparently. I will admit that I am beaming a little.

She has also beaten me at chess thrice in the last month which is definitely not good but my wife does think I am a moron on a good day so I guess that makes sense.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
She has also beaten me at chess thrice in the last month which is definitely not good but my wife does think I am a moron on a good day so I guess that makes sense.

Punching above your weight on looks* AND brains. Nice.

* Note to the peanut gallery: I have never met Blue's wife. But I HAVE met him, and let's face it, on looks he's got no other option ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Further: I am also aware that, anyone having met me will come to exactly the same conclusion. C'est la vie...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have gravitas. You are hot air and frippery.

You have a bony little arse held together with pins and baling twine. I have a decided lack of control when it comes to sugar. On every scale of mass, I'm winning for the sake of pure numbers.

Rowing is good - will help his rugby no end.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You have a bony little arse held together with pins and baling twine. I have a decided lack of control when it comes to sugar. On every scale of mass, I'm winning for the sake of pure numbers.

Rowing is good - will help his rugby no end.
Doesn't play rugby. Did for 2 years, but pretty nonplussed about it.
And it's all me - no pins or baling twine here.
But you are dense, I'll give you that.